Catholic trials 2006. how r they? (3 Viewers)

TK07

HSC
It was an easy enough paper, but i screwed it up, in the essay question because i blanked when i started writing my response, oh well atleast it's only trials and not the real deal...
damn trial exams.

Last edited:

xx__savannah

HSC
Eurgh. I hated Eng Paper 1 -- I couldn't adjust either of my mostly pre-prepared narratives into anything using the stimulus, and had no clue what the bloody "assmptions" were. Section I was OK, I liked the question about the poem.

Did anyone else notice that in Text One they spelt the reporters name differently in the written text?

Apparantly the Music exam this afternoon was crazy, so a few people from our school think they set the tone for the rest of the CSSA papers. All I know is Eco and RE will be fantastic tomorrow....

JhK89

HSC
about the music 1 trials did anyone do it..?

arky

HSC
AS to any one wondering about a writer there are limited conditions under which u can get one. I have one because canot write more than a sentence with out being in extreme pain. If you only have messy writing they won't give you one unless u have previously applied for a scribe and it was approaved by the board. You may be able to instead of a writer get 2.5 minutes per half hour extra so you can take your time to make your writing neater.
I donot recommend to anyone that they use a scribe cause if u decide to use a scribe u are not allowed to write on the exam paper at all and without a lot of practice dictation and thinking on your feet during a very imporant exam is infinitly difficult and a tough situatio to voluntarely put urself in
:burn: :bomb:

H

housemouse

I wish people who not reveal parts of the exam such as the Italian dude and specific words of certain questions . Remember, not everyone has done the trials.

Ahem..........
Lol, engrish!!!!

Ahhh...... Natarie!!! <----------------------- funniest thing ever. I laughed when i saw that. Reminded me of Team America.

ckckckck

HSC
oh my god.
our whole hall started laughing during reading time when we were reading that "natarie" thing.
some random asian pedo waititng out the front of some girls house for her to get home?? and then he just steals her bike??
kinda rude...
hahaha now its become some whole in-joke between all the ppl who did cssa trials.. like herrooo natarriieee.
oh man. so so funny.
my hand still hurts from today.

Monz

HSC
JhK89 said:
about the music 1 trials did anyone do it..?
Yeah it was a pretty good paper, i should of studied though, i only studied in the break i had in between english and music which i spent most of it at Gloria Jenes, but yeah i did about half an hour study...i was freaking out about english, plus music aural skills paper isn't worth that much compared to my practicals so it doesn't matter that much. Oh do you know what was so fustrating though? The music for the third question was so good, i just wanted to listen to it and not write anything, and the music for the fourth question was in our Rock Eisteddfod sound track in year 10 and that's all i could think about...so fustrating.

richiie

HSC
G.J.I said:
yeah i forgot to put a title for my creative story, real shame =[ can someone tell me what the poem is about and the techniques for it .. i seriously didn't get it .. is he dead or in a dream lol
I interpreted the poem as an inner journey which the persona is going through in his/her dream. I used struggle and fear as a notion explaining what a journey is. The techniques i used were selective adjectives, these were the words describing the scariness of the whoel dream. I also used sentence structure aswell, which could be seen in the layout of paragraph six, i used the quote " And ..... " the dots giving more of a suspensful feel to the responder. Meh.. hope its right.. lol

abcd9146

HSC
anyone actually find this exam pretty easy? not that im gonna own it or anything, i thought my half yearlies were way harder than this one... half the crap they gave us didnt make sense >_<"

the unseen texts were all pretty simple and straight forward, i had like a two page poem, and a 2-page newspaper article (and i forgot the last XD). but today, the texts were short and easy to interpret. (plus the questions they asked were pretty easy, normal generic questions XD) i wrote like 4 pages for this answer, at around 500(?) words a page...

the creative writing part i did last, and i only had 35 minutes to do that, and it took me like 5 mintues to think of an idea >_<, so in the end i still managed to scribble down 4 pages, except i didn't use "sophisticated" language, it sounded like stuff i wrote in year 7 XD

the last part was the easiest, the damn question was so broad it was like exactly what i had before. it only required regurgitating the essay i had written before XD this one was about 4 pages aswell

so all in all i wasted about half of the ink in my pen for something worth <15% of my school assessment... paper 2 is gonna be fun XD

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I think I did these trials.
Who knows...
I wrote 11 A4 pages.

Paper 2 tomorrow because my school is cruel.

renton

HSC
isnt paper 2 for the cath trials on wednesday? and 11 pages, fair effort. you must be one of those intimidating people who ask the supervisors for another booklet, when im struggling with finishing 5 pages of the first booklet

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The CSSA's paper 1 was fairly straight forward, simple texts in section I, creative writing was fairly easy and I think I answered the question in section III.

Paper 2 will definitely not be a cake walk... :(

Anyway, good luck with your trials everyone!

G.J.I

HSC
Yeah i agree.

I reckon they made paper 1 easy to get everyone shaken @ paper 2. I'm nervous.

wicked_65

HSC
Section I was fairly reasonable...the poem was a bit dodgy although u didnt really needed to understand to answer the qs (2.5 pgs)

Section II was ok as well and luckily I came up with a decent idea however it mite not be related to imaginative journeys. I mite not have related the young readers thing as well (3.5 pgs)

Section III was fairly decent with a generic qs not too specific so it was good (4.5 pgs)

did 10.5 pgs and happy with that

JhK89

HSC
Monz said:
Yeah it was a pretty good paper, i should of studied though, i only studied in the break i had in between english and music which i spent most of it at Gloria Jenes, but yeah i did about half an hour study...i was freaking out about english, plus music aural skills paper isn't worth that much compared to my practicals so it doesn't matter that much. Oh do you know what was so fustrating though? The music for the third question was so good, i just wanted to listen to it and not write anything, and the music for the fourth question was in our Rock Eisteddfod sound track in year 10 and that's all i could think about...so fustrating.
man srsly... that 4th question i got like 1 1/2 pages.... and ran out of time... :(

Kazam**

HSC
has anyone done the engineering studies catholic trial yet? when u do i'd appreciate sum help i need it badly!! = )

till02

HSC
Does anybody know any of the other passwords needed to asses the Macquarie revision guide, free online test? www.macmillan.com.au/revision.
I was wondering if anyone had the passwords for the PE, Business studies and geography tests.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:

amster

HSC
I seriously screwed the creative writing... but thats ok... I guess...

other than that it wasnt as bad as i thought... I am shit at English and thought I would completely stuff the whole thing up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)