Catholic trials 2006. how r they? (1 Viewer)

H

housemouse

Riviet said:
Yeah I would agree with that, the only things that you really couldn't have known were those questions that weren't from the syllabus, but they always ask a couple of those each year.
Were there? Didnt notice them/

Lizcat

HSC
my schools wierd!! i thought we were gonna do the catholic trials for CHEM coz we did for Re and Eng.. but we had NEAP?!?! i nearly screamed when i saw NEAP on the paper!

JhK89

HSC
Lizcat said:
my schools wierd!! i thought we were gonna do the catholic trials for CHEM coz we did for Re and Eng.. but we had NEAP?!?! i nearly screamed when i saw NEAP on the paper!
whats NEAP??

im so screwed for my maths trials cause i think we're doing the cssa...

i heard they were easier but my friends are saying they are harder...?

can ne1 clarify this?

sideshowtim

HSC
scottjamesford said:
Wow really? I found it amazingly easy all stock standard stuff. But then ours was chopped and changed so much by the school the examiner bloke took about 15 mins walking us through the changes and exam paper before we got started.

But yea i didnt find nething i didnt expect in there
What did other people think?
Yes, ours was also chopped and changed alot because of areas we haven't learnt about yet. It was replaced with awfully hard questions, particularly one about an experiment I was away for. I tried to catch up on it but it's hard without first hand experience so I tried to bluff my way through it.

Forgot about another species of fish found in those Canowindra fossils. Didn't focus enough on my field trip work.

cj_426

HSC
Lizcat said:
Yeah NEAP soooooooo hard, we had our option chosen from it, shipwrecks and it was way harder than all the practice papers i went through, bloody NEAP!!!!

cj_426

HSC
JhK89 said:
whats NEAP??

im so screwed for my maths trials cause i think we're doing the cssa...

i heard they were easier but my friends are saying they are harder...?

can ne1 clarify this?
yea our schools doing the CSSA as well, how many units of maths do u do?? i'm doing the 2u and 3u paper and i'm freaking out.......i'm soooo screwed......but our teacher said they are harder only becuase it's the same format as the HSC but 2 months earlier, where we're not nearly as ready to do them well enough. but dw, everyone's in the same boat.....let's hope they don't put really hard stuff in

areyouserz

HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
NEAP stands for National Educational Advancement Programs.

yeh my school has brought the independant papers. I go to a public high school and they brought the paper. Whatpaper u think they got. They said they get it from private schools?

JhK89

HSC
cj_426 said:
yea our schools doing the CSSA as well, how many units of maths do u do?? i'm doing the 2u and 3u paper and i'm freaking out.......i'm soooo screwed......but our teacher said they are harder only becuase it's the same format as the HSC but 2 months earlier, where we're not nearly as ready to do them well enough. but dw, everyone's in the same boat.....let's hope they don't put really hard stuff in
yeh im doing 2u and 3u as well im so screwed im studying right now.... trying to do past papers.

areyouserz

HSC
N/A
omg i just came bacxk from my first trial paper in english. Im so goob smacked over the fist texts. Dam that stupid text1 had a cover of peron on winter journeys. Is that the CSSA paper or independant p[aper or NEAP or did u think my school made it hmmm. i dont know but its wierd. I hope so i did good, I done a whole booklet for the first and second section and the last section abut 6 and half pages im so syct. laters

aww i hope dialogue is good 2morro im the man at it

Number7

HSC
How'd everyone go in 2u maths?

I thought it was fairly hard and I've done about 10 past HSC CSSA papers, so I think I've got a good reference. The last few q's weren't unbearbly hard in so much as there was a consistency of hardness throughout the exam imo.

I'm looking at around 100-105 out of 120.

Tim035

HSC
arghh just had maths, AS SOON AS I LEFT THE BUILDING I figured out how to do like 3 questions i just stared blankly at in the exam really really pissed off at myself. Especially the prove the graident of P one DUH!

oops soz..

Last edited:

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
omg - just did maths - that was a pretty long and hard paper! maths has got to be the hardest one for me so far. hope I did ok.... googdluck everybody!

legal next.... :(

H

housemouse

My school made me do the 2 unit trial even though I do 4 unit maths.

The exam seemed so easy right up until the end of question six and then throughout the 2nd half of the paper, there were bits to each question were pretty hard.

Tim, you should remove what you posted.

schnookims

*Premium Princess Member*
HSC
i thought the maths wasn't that hard, just challenging but once you understood what to do it was pretty easy...except for the concentric circle and the CD lol i was a bit loss on what they wanted to ask ><

maths EXT tomorow!! >< HATE CIRCULAR GEOMETRY!

fa1nt

HSC
2 teachers from my school wrote the maths paper today. was alrite i guess. expectin 85%+. the only reason they made it a bit harder is coz for the last few papers they wrote they got complaints from other schools sayin it was too easy. hhaah on behalf of my teachers..theyre sorry? hahaha, but whos screwed with the 3u? coz i am.

mrviper89

HSC
if u did the construction exam last monday tell us what u thought about it how u think u went etc ?

StYlez-

HSC
maths trial was easy up to question 6, my question 9 & 10 were blank

s2indie

HSC
yeh maths up to question 6-7 was good.

And THEN...
err, at least i attempted most of the questions - it'd be wrong, but nevertheless.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
2U was OK today except for that CD question and those stupid circles.

I thought some of the stuff was a bit nasty. I do 3U, and some of the stuff in there (eg the rates of change) was verging on stuff our 2U people haven't done. You'd think our Maths department would edit that out, but apparently not.

And since when do you use Simpson's Rule to estimate a volume?

</ complaining>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)