Catholic Trials (paper 1) - What did u think? (1 Viewer)

Pete

Originally posted by Christine
thanks- same to you and everyone else!!
I see you live in Castle Hill, I used to live in Kenthurst, and went to Hills Grammar, hear of it? What school do you go to?

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
When we had to say which text to include in the debate for Section One on something about change... Did that question mean why should we include e.g. text 3 for a speech and say the language techniques etc that allow us to think about we should have / or shouldn';t have the change in our world (??? forget ?)

I think I just talked about the change in text 3 and it is good cause it has reference to nature, juntaposed new and old world and have an inspiring tone and it should be used as it shows our old world etc etc. is that on the right track? i sortof forget what the ? was and what my answer was....

bex

HSC
i have no idea... guess ill just have to wait for the results!

Morgues

well question 3 basically asked how do the techniques in the texts show the process of change and the result
i dont think we had to use the journey statement, it was there more as a guide

bex

HSC
no i think the journey bit had a lot to do with it because the question was asking about the process and inevitabilty of change... so i used it quite a bit in that i said that the events and experiences that shape and change our life journeys are more important than the eventual arrival because it is in the shaping of our lives that gives it meaning. I also said that the process of change has consequences and that its fear of these consequences that determines the direct or indirect path that we take through our lives....

Morgues

I used it as well but I do think the question could be interpreted in different ways
I concentrated on the ideas that "the door" presents, the idea that it is important to go on a journey that changes you, no matter what the end result is

bex

HSC
yeah i get what you mean...
i used the door as well... over all i think it was a pretty strange paper... is the catholic one renouned for its weirdness in asking questions? i expected it to have more direct questions as opposed to thinking ones

bex

HSC
hey christine my homeroom teacher used to teach there! Mr Agius...

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
In terms of the Journey quote in bold, I think in a way that summed up what the question asked. The processes in change, and the results.. I put that It is the people or organisations behind the process that results in a negative change for some people (such as text xyz) and a positive change for some people (text xyz).... I think the bold quote was to be used as a quide line, but you only had to write about the processes and results. E.g. in a trial paper for section 2, i downloaded it off the site. it said I know what would change my life - a million dollars. Write your own story that would change your life.. In this, it only gives you a guide, although you don't have to write about winning a million dolllars in yours...

Pete

Originally posted by Christine
pete - i go to marian college
I know a few people from Marian... and many who left last year!
Steph, vic, Bree, Kat, freddo, Jay, Fasher, Cosmo etc the chias jesy and john

bex

HSC
bugger... we had to hand ours in....

ALF STEWART

hey pete i dont suppose u wanna put the paper on here or mail it to people cos we didnt get to keep ours and i wouldnt mind getting a copy of it, so i can see if i actually did what i thought had to be done, i wanna make sure i interpretted the questions properly, just to make sure my nerves didnt hamper me.
does anyone else still get nervous about these tests???

Ely

hey pete, where about's did you live in kenthurst, i live in kenthurst! wow. and i know heaps of ppl from hills grammar, chris B, Jamie K, Peter G......and thats all!!

arcarsenal

I did the 3rd section first, spent WAY too much time on it. So if I don't get top marks in it, I'm stuffed. Did a rushed effort on section 1 next and then made an even worse attempt on section 2. I thought section 2 was ridiculous...I honestly thought they ahd left a word out of the question...that it should have said "if you don't want to make enemies..."

Oh well. It's over. Next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)