• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Changing shit study habits to good from HSC>UNI (3 Viewers)

IceBreaker

HSC
Man...having a bad time struggling with hsc this year.

i'm aiming for a UAI of 7075, doing so with minimum effort.
im hoping to just ''make it in'' to uni and then get my study mood into gear.
is this possible? or its really hard to form a good study habit?

i have always tried to studied consistenly, but doesnt work.

S

Shuter

IceBreaker said:
Man...having a bad time struggling with hsc this year.

i'm aiming for a UAI of 7075, doing so with minimum effort.
im hoping to just ''make it in'' to uni and then get my study mood into gear.
is this possible? or its really hard to form a good study habit?

i have always tried to studied consistenly, but doesnt work.
I'm trying to but it's not going that well, I'll see how it pans out.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
you either have to be naturally smart to get a uai of 70 something with minimal effort... i know some people who studied their ass off for 70 something uai..... with that kind of attitude you won't get into uni

S

Shuter

clairegirl said:
you either have to be naturally smart to get a uai of 70 something with minimal effort... i know some people who studied their ass off for 70 something uai..... with that kind of attitude you won't get into uni
I pity them, it really doesn't take and extreme amount of application to make it into uni (in some variety).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I did literally NOTHING for my HSC (my Stuvac consisted of surfing the net and watching tv for 3 weeks) and still got 73.30. Yeah, I'm not proud of it, and looking back I wish I had have worked. But I can't change the past.
So I guess what I'm saying is to work, because in a couple of yrs you will look back and regret bludging.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I am more than willing to believe that someone may have wastd their year away (i.e., minimal effort), but don't try and justify relatively poor HSC results (and a 'low' UAI) by suggesting that you did nothing... We all worked to some degree, even if it was only in class and the few days before an exam.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Don't try and tell me how much or little I did.

This was my effort over my HSC yr:
English- put a little effort into non-exam assessments, maybe an hour for each. Talked through class (entire class did)
Maths- doing my homework consisted of doing maybe half the assigned exercise and the other half was random working with the answer from the book. Talked through class (entire class did)
IPT- nothing. Played quake and counterstrike every lesson.
Chem- nothing in class, or at home, although went to tutoring (lol, so could have been avoided by doing stuff). Occasionally did homework, mostly stolen off CSU site.
Business- once again, nothing. Talked through class (entire class did)

Stuvac: surfing the net and watching tv

Night before exams: surfing the net and watching tv

Morning of exams: 10 minutes flipping through excel books.

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
uni is a bitch, i feel like every week is the HSC

and its only been the first week , too much stuff to do damn reading takes too loooooonnggg

IceBreaker

HSC
oh well....if i dont make it in i go tafe and so something else, i heard getting apprenticeship is good with the skill shortage in the next 5-10 yrs

lala2

Banned
HSC
You must change your study habits if you want to get into uni, past the borderline UAI range of low 70s. You must love the subjects you do (no matter if you're passed off as a geek), and muster the will to just study . Yes, it's hard to form a good study habit, but the sooner you do it, the better. It was hard for me too, at the start of December hols last year, but now I'm feeling normal about it. I think it's just a matter of actually sitting down and actually absorbing and retaining stuff in your head. Once you work yourself into your routine, you'll probably feel empty if you don't do it--have a look around at some of the threads here.

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
No not really you can easily mindfuck in HSC

I think what you just said applies for uni more

IceBreaker

HSC
err like if you did 1st yr uni and you didnt like it, can you get your hecs elimated or it adds to your debt.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
IceBreaker said:
err like if you did 1st yr uni and you didnt like it, can you get your hecs elimated or it adds to your debt.
lol ... thats like asking to do a year of uni for free. Ofcourse you get charged for it. It just wont be as large if you leave after first year than what it would be if you finished your degree.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It will depend on what bands of HECS your subjects belong to. For example, I think my HECS for this semester is about $2700 or something similar to that.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
clairegirl said:
These people you speak of must be extremely thick. People at my high school did NOTHING, absolutely nothing and mananaged 70's.

S

Shuter

hipsta_jess said:

English- put a little effort into non-exam assessments, maybe an hour for each. Talked through class (entire class did)
Maths- doing my homework consisted of doing maybe half the assigned exercise and the other half was random working with the answer from the book. Talked through class (entire class did).
Even attempting the homework at some point is a hell of alot more than many many people ever do.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:

Maths- doing my homework consisted of doing maybe half the assigned exercise and the other half was random working with the answer from the book. Talked through class (entire class did)
IPT- nothing. Played quake and counterstrike every lesson.
Chem- nothing in class, or at home, although went to tutoring (lol, so could have been avoided by doing stuff). Occasionally did homework, mostly stolen off CSU site.
Business- once again, nothing. Talked through class (entire class did)

Stuvac: surfing the net and watching tv

Night before exams: surfing the net and watching tv

Morning of exams: 10 minutes flipping through excel books.
Sorry but i hate how people go and on about themselves and how little effort they did and still got an avergish uai..... it's like your saying... if i tried i could've done better, i didn't reach my potential etc...

the thing is... maybe it is true but you don't have to brag about how litte effort you do and still get good... and i very much doubt that is ALL you did for the HSC, if you studied just the morning of exams ... as if you could get 70's! pfft

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)