Charlie and the chocolate factory (1 Viewer)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
somechick said:
i heard marylin manson was gonna play willy wonka
I dont think he was. I think he was considered for the role or showed interest in it or something along those lines, as in he never actually was going to/never actually yes - Marilyn is the man (haha sounds so wrong). Or at least thats what I heard

HSC
this movie ended up being beaten by wedding crashers this week in america, which is pretty crazy since wedding crashers is r-rated, but it still looks pretty cool. as long as they don't butcher the original (i know it's not a straight out remake of that, but still)

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
I'll reserve my judgement till I see the movie. I did like the old one though...even if it had its moments.

However, just a little note that I think that Johnny Depp is an excellent actor; so I'm hoping he'll bring the quality of the film up.

And someone said this film would be closer to the novel than the previous one...and since I loved the novel, hopefully I'll love this one too.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
katietheskatie said:
this movie ended up being beaten by wedding crashers this week in america, which is pretty crazy since wedding crashers is r-rated, but it still looks pretty cool. as long as they don't butcher the original (i know it's not a straight out remake of that, but still)
Wedding crashers is rated R? oh my.

Anyway, i watched CATCF today and I loved it. It's definetly darker than the Gene Wilder version. I think kids will still like it, but they won't understand some of the quips made in it. Charlie doesn't make much of an appearance in it, most of the focus is on Wonka and his apparent insanity. And there's only one oompa loompa guy- he's computer generated and there's still singing!

Last edited:
HSC
it is in america (which is like MA here, i guess) .. but it's only m here. and i'm gonna continue hijacking this thread and say that wedding crashers is the fucking funniest movie i have seen in so long.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
katietheskatie said:
it is in america (which is like MA here, i guess) .. but it's only m here. and i'm gonna continue hijacking this thread and say that wedding crashers is the fucking funniest movie i have seen in so long.
you have six hundred and sixty six posts.

funniboi

HSC
The movie itself wasn't that great. But it was alright I suppose. For some reason I prefer the older version though, the new Oompa Loompa songs suck! They don't even sing Oompa Loompa Doompa Di Dum!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory

I saw Charlie & The Choclate Factory at Westfield Bondi Junction today and i have to admit it is an interesting adaptation by Tim Burton. Johnny Depp of course was his usual super self with his great performance and Veruca Salt was so......Veruca - very English. The oompa loompa was disappointing and so were his songs and the script of the movie.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
So true, go_swans. They were too lazy to hire more oompa loompas so they just mirror imaged the same guy all over the screen and Johnny Depp looked eerily similar to wacko Jacko! However, i have to say the visual effects are better but overall the original with Gene Wilder is better. And GO SWANNIES! :)

HSC
Olsen said:
So true, go_swans. They were too lazy to hire more oompa loompas so they just mirror imaged the same guy all over the screen and Johnny Depp looked eerily similar to wacko Jacko! However, i have to say the visual effects are better but overall the original with Gene Wilder is better. And GO SWANNIES! :)

ohhh yeh go swans.. they finished 3rd!! they are real contenders to win this year!!! w000t

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
It'd be an amazing feeling if the Swans won. I just hope that they can show those pesky Vics that the Swans are worthy of being premiership contenders. :)

HSC
Olsen said:
It'd be an amazing feeling if the Swans won. I just hope that they can show those pesky Vics that the Swans are worthy of being premiership contenders. :)
for sure.... do finals start next week do u know?

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
I think so. Well after the Raiders lost and have no chance of making the finals im pledging my support fully behind the Swans.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
cappen said:
now this is one of my favourite and greatest movies ever and i am fuckin appauled that a remake has been made, i just dnt wanna c them fuck up another great classic like hollywood has done over and over again.....

Fuck oath!

I don't think i'll watch it. I don't want to taint the beautiful innocence of the original

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i dont want to see the new willy wonka because:
-the oompa loompas are playing by the one person
-they are wearing modern clothes
-wonka wears sunnies in a scene
-charlie has brown hair
-charlie has a dad

it probly wont be up to my expectations. willy wonka has been my fav movie since i was 3, and i really dont this remake looks as good as the original.

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
cappen said:
now this is one of my favourite and greatest movies ever and i am fuckin appauled that a remake has been made, i just dnt wanna c them fuck up another great classic like hollywood has done over and over again.....

i totally agree with you

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Thank you Olsen =p All through the movie i was thinking "michael jackson..michael jackson". And i was racking my brains to work out who plaid Charlie - thanks to whoever, too =)

I watched it last night...given it was a pirate from overseas im going to lower my criticisms on the effects and imaging just a little. It was...bleh...i dont know. Dark? Indeed. Anyone who is looking for some magical-ness, i would say forget it. It really didnt work for me, mainly because it has minor but still notable inconsistencies like which parent was taken, the songs, other minor details. I did not find Wonka compassionate at all - i do remember him being somewhat so in the previous movie.

Having said this...as a stand alone, no bias with the other movie and how i viewed the book as a kid, i absolutely loved Johnny Depps sarcasm and absent-mindedness. It was excellent. So...i would say, if youre gonna have any hope of enjoying this movie -- don't compare it to anything prior. Its not the same. Its not really comparable. I dont think its meant to be.

IMO anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)