Cheater caught out in trials.. (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Schools are free to set their own policy regarding cheating and plagiarism etc.

Some schools take the view that any cheating will see the student get zero while others will look at what the student was doing that was cheating e.g. if a student had notes on them relating to one part of the exam then they would get zero for that section but full marks earned for the rest of the paper.

Even the BOS takes a case by case situation and investigates each case on its merits and again may not apply a full zero penalty to an entire exam for a student caught cheating - it depends on the circumstances and what actually happens.

khfreakau

HSC
did he play the 'oh shit i forgot it in my pocket' line if they found it at the beginning of the exam? if so then i dont think theyd give a zero.
curious as to how he got caught?
lol i think this happened to someone in our school, not sure though.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Schools are free to set their own policy regarding cheating and plagiarism etc.

Some schools take the view that any cheating will see the student get zero while others will look at what the student was doing that was cheating e.g. if a student had notes on them relating to one part of the exam then they would get zero for that section but full marks earned for the rest of the paper.

Even the BOS takes a case by case situation and investigates each case on its merits and again may not apply a full zero penalty to an entire exam for a student caught cheating - it depends on the circumstances and what actually happens.
BOS Policy is zero for any form of cheating.

dannielle_93

HSC
What I want to know is if the teacher took the paper off him, how did he beat other students? Presumably, the exam was taken off about half way through the exam.

If someone that got their exam confiscated half way through the exam, and presumably lost half the marks in the exam for non attempts, as well as a/n (albeit) minor penalty for the questions already answered, and still beat students that got the opportunity to answer the entire exam in the entire exam-time, your school has bigger issues to worry about.
not necessarily when he copied all the answers for the first half of the exam.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Wrong.

Is cem a teacher??
Yes, cem is a teacher - easily the most knowledgeable person on BoS with regards to the administrative/technical side of the HSC. You'd be a fool to argue with anything she says.

My school told my year that any form of cheating will get a zero
As cem said, schools enact their own policies. So your school is able to enact anything they want.

not necessarily when he copied all the answers for the first half of the exam.
Wait, so he brought in enough notes to fill in the entire exam, and the invigilators caught him half-way through the exam? Those invigilators need to be fired. I thought he only brought in like a slip of paper. If he had notes covering the entire syllabus, he must have brought in a booklet or something.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well, if people at your school don't cheat, then it clearly must work - so hats off to them. :p

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
"students know they are taking an extreme risk cheating in their HSC and this is a significant deterrent. The Board’s penalties for cheating are well known and include losing all or part of the marks for a course and possible loss of the HSC.

.`. Not necessarily given a zero, only a penalty.

anne1010

HSC
i also dont believe going to the toilet should be allowed. its a 3 hour exam. if u cant go 3 hours without going to the toilet then..
go before the exam.
its so easy for someone to cheat by going to the bathroom. i know of someone who cheated by taking his phone into the exam and went to the bathroom numerous times during the exam. changing supervisors meant he could get away with it. sure we have a book where u sign in and out of going to the bathroom but its not that hard to write some one elses name.
i just think being allowed to go to the toilet makes it very very easy for someone to cheat

anne1010

HSC
Would be very hard to monitor what people do in the bathroom
exactly. if someones desperate enough to cheat, he can have notes written on their tummy. stuff notes into their bra and undies. very easy to cheat.
they have the whole "one person at a time in the bathroom" rule but thats not the main concern imo.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
exactly. if someones desperate enough to cheat, he can have notes written on their tummy. stuff notes into their bra and undies. very easy to cheat.
they have the whole "one person at a time in the bathroom" rule but thats not the main concern imo.
But as children we can't exactly have people watching us hahaha.

anne1010

HSC
But as children we can't exactly have people watching us hahaha.
lol i know. thats why i dont think anyone should be allowed to use the bathroom during a 3 hour exam. im sure if you go right before the start of an exam everyone can handle not going to the bathroom for 3 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)