Chem1010 (1 Viewer)

Sarah92

HSC
Uni Grad
if you guys have either Chris or Andy as your demonstrator then, youre set they are the best, I had doug for 1010 and he was lazy, haha.

Chris gave me the nickname knob toucher in 1020 :(
LOL! Chris was telling us about you today when i had my lab..hahah what an unfortunate nickname :p

em_516

bludging..
HSC
zaxmacks said:
Also, why the shit are they telling us to do background reading in a book that isn't the prescribed text for the course? What freaking idiots.
Only just saw this. It's uni man.. freak out that you might actually have to do some research! You should never be trusting just one source.

zaxmacks

HSC
Only just saw this. It's uni man.. freak out that you might actually have to do some research! You should never be trusting just one source.
Don't be an idiot. They shouldn't be telling everyone to do background reading from a book that isn't the prescribed text. This isn't an essay or actual report where we need to have a varied list of sources, so there's no need for research.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Don't be an idiot. They shouldn't be telling everyone to do background reading from a book that isn't the prescribed text. This isn't an essay or actual report where we need to have a varied list of sources, so there's no need for research.
its uni, its not school, you are not spoon feed information. Youre expected to do a lot of study and reasearch yourself. Background reading is useful if you want to understand the concepts and basics of the course as well. you can be directed to others texts as well, as some cover specific better areas than others

zaxmacks

HSC
its uni, its not school, you are not spoon feed information. Youre expected to do a lot of study and reasearch yourself. Background reading is useful if you want to understand the concepts and basics of the course as well. you can be directed to others texts as well, as some cover specific better areas than others
You're an idiot as well. Where did I say I expected to be spoon fed? I'm aware of the independent nature of learning at uni.

militiaman

HSC
I'm with zax just on the basis that it was such a random question that had nothing to do with what we were doing in the experiment, and referred to the author only (no title) of a book we'd never been told about. And it's a freaking lab report, not a research assignment.

And the reference was nowhere near helpful in the end :p

militiaman

HSC
Question 6 is wrong. The answer should be 3.

2CH3OH +3O2 --> 2CO2 +4H2O
Ohhhhh, how embarrassing! :eek: I noobishly didn't check all the answers for that one, assumed you could simplify by halving... good work zax.

How did you go with your first lab report? I got 20 for that, but I'm pretty sure I'll get something terrible in the one due this week, I majorly botched the second last question. Did you get those crazy enthalpy values when you looked them up in the SI Data book?

Also...we wouldn't have to do anything silly like go to uni next week to hand in the lab we did this week, right?

sam5

HSC
Also...we wouldn't have to do anything silly like go to uni next week to hand in the lab we did this week, right?
no. we have till after the break.

Question: does anyone know how much harder CHEM1020 is compared to CHEM1010?

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
no. we have till after the break.

Question: does anyone know how much harder CHEM1020 is compared to CHEM1010?
Not too much harder, its a combination of new work extending off hsc, in physical chemistry you look at acids and bases extending off the hsc section on this, but of course they look deeper into it. Organic chem is a bit harder it requires to most study and inorganic chemistry pretty easy

So basically you can kill it without too much study but yer if you study youll be fine. If you do well in 1010 you should do fine in 1020, even though its a lot more new work, the concepts arent too hard.

its also set out the same as well, but labs lectures and online quizes so yer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)