• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Chemistry Tutors (1 Viewer)

AetherX1

HSC
Does anyone know good chemistry tutors that I could go to?
I've heard of peak, ace and zhangs, but apparently peak only has one good tutor and all of his slots are already full, I'm in waiting list but in the meanwhile, I need to decide a chem tutor. I am currently in y10 and I'm pretty sure chem tutor y11 syllabus start in t4.

nonya2000

Banned
HSC
have you tried reading a chemistry textbook? it'll save lots of time. also for questions, you could buy the strive chemistry book, they are past hsc compiled into one book sorted by topics.

AetherX1

HSC
Yes I am currently using chemistry in focus and persons chemistry, I just want to try tuition for extra resources and help

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
I've heard of peak, ace and zhangs, but apparently peak only has one good tutor and all of his slots are already full, I'm in waiting list but in the meanwhile, I need to decide a chem tutor. I am currently in y10 and I'm pretty sure chem tutor y11 syllabus start in t4.
When choosing a good chemistry tutor for Year 11, it’s essential to find someone who not only has expertise but also teaches in a way that suits your learning style. Here’s a breakdown of some tutoring centers you mentioned and additional options you can consider:

1. Peak
  • Reputation: Well-regarded but limited availability with their top tutor. If you’re on the waiting list, it might be worth waiting to see if a spot opens.
  • Suggestion: Keep checking for availability while exploring other options in the meantime.
2. Ace
  • Reputation: Known for providing structured lessons with a focus on exam preparation. Their program is solid for building a foundational understanding and could be a good alternative to Peak.
  • Teaching Style: Focuses on clarity and step-by-step problem-solving, which might help if you struggle with complex concepts.
3. Zhang’s
  • Reputation: Some students find it intense, with a lot of emphasis on mastering content early, which could be helpful for getting ahead of the Year 11 syllabus.
  • Style: Ideal if you prefer a fast-paced, thorough approach to content. However, some students may find it overwhelming, so it depends on your ability to keep up with the material.
4. Other Tutoring Centers to Consider:
  • Matrix Education:
    • Reputation: Known for having a comprehensive program with detailed resources, including booklets and online materials. They start the Year 11 Chemistry syllabus early and are highly structured.
    • Benefit: They offer in-class support and tutorials, making it easier to stay on top of the material.
  • Talent 100:
    • Reputation: Focuses on personalized teaching and helps with both theoretical understanding and practical application, which can be crucial in Chemistry.
    • Benefit: Smaller class sizes and more personalized attention could help if you need more targeted support.
  • Private Tutors (1-on-1):
    • If you feel group tutoring isn’t ideal for you, it might be worth looking into private Chemistry tutors who can tailor lessons specifically to your needs. Websites like LearnMate or SuperProf have listings for qualified Chemistry tutors.
Hope this helps 😀

shoulfer

HSC
zhang's is pretty good, I feel like ace material is really good but the teachers are not great and id say atlas is the best for chem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)