Chin ups - How many can you do? (1 Viewer)

Wolf47

HSC
Chin ups, push ups and sit ups - How many can you do?

How many can you do and whats a decent amount to be able to do?

I'm 17 and I can do 20 chin ups, 30 push ups and 20 sit ups. I just started going to the gym and exercising more often, so I was just wondering about this.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Re: Chin ups, push ups and sit ups - How many can you do?

I'm 17 and I can do 20 chin ups, 30 push ups and 20 sit ups. I just started going to the gym and exercising more often, so I was just wondering about this.
hmmmm, those results are weird.

I can only do like 5 chin ups, but i can do 45 push ups and like 50 sit ups.

Wolf47

HSC

hmmmm, those results are weird.

I can only do like 5 chin ups, but i can do 45 push ups and like 50 sit ups.
It's probably because I have one of those doorway chin up bars which I can practice on instead of going to the gym. And I prefer doing chin ups to sit ups or push ups, it just seems so much more convenient being able to exercise standing up instead of having to get down on the ground to do push ups or sit ups.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

when i was 17 i had been doing weights as a school sport for 1.5 yrs (every wednesday), and i could do about 15 situps/crunches till my stomach imploded (lol), around 50 regular pushups and 100 quick pushups, and dunno how many chin ups (probably only 5 or 10)

i wanna buy a chin up bar so i can do em at home.

a decent amount to be able to do depends totally on ur build, weight, strength, so someone like me would be completely different to an obese person or an anorexic person or someone who worked out 3 times a week and drinks bananas and eggs and eats protein sandwiches 6 times a day.

Last edited:

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
half a chin-up

....lol thats actually wat my PE teacher put down in yr 10 as my chin up score .....never tried it since then xD

E-Hawk

HSC
I don't do chin-ups cos i'm a bit too tall (196cm)

But, with push ups i can do 45-50 (been doing them everyday) 2 seconds up 2 seconds down.

With sit-ups it depends on the type. If you're talking bout the type in which you keep your back straight, knees bent and only lift you torso 20 degrees i can do 35. If it's the type that you have a bent back and bring you body up to your knees, i can keep on going lol.

russs

yeeeee
HSC

20 chin ups and 30 push-ups?

You are a unique case buddy.

20 chins is tops tho.

E-Hawk

HSC
I don't do chin-ups cos i'm a bit too tall (196cm)

But, with push ups i can do 45-50 (been doing them everyday) 2 seconds up 2 seconds down.

With sit-ups it depends on the type. If you're talking bout the type in which you keep your back straight, knees bent and only lift you torso 20 degrees i can do 35. If it's the type that you have a bent back and bring you body up to your knees, i can keep on going lol.

Wolf47

HSC
The other reason I can't do many push ups is because I injured my shoulder a few months back and that stopped me doing push ups all together, I only just started doing them again.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
regular grip i can do about 35.
wide arm reverse grip i can do about 15.

i don't weigh much though. i'm only 67kg or thereabouts. i think i put on muscle and lost fat cos i haven't gained weight =/

sunjai01

HSC
chin ups = 20 then my biceps feel like they are gonna fall off... lol
Push ups = about 25-30...
Sit ups = 50-70 ( i have abs :):) )

i used to do boxing... yeah... thats basically all we used to do.. resistance training...

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I've got bad ligaments in my shoulder and knees, and have to do excersises for about 20 minutes every morning an night. Part of this includes push-ups, which I've built up to 50 at a time. Somehow push-ups strenghthen my shoulders but don't hurt them...

Last edited:

Amogh

HSC
N/A

i can do like 5 chinups
30 pushups
and around 50 situps

the numbers proly vary coz we all have different definitions of these terms
like do you go down ALL the way during a chinup?
apparently your meant to go down all the way till your elbow are straight
a push requires you to go down till your nose touches the ground..
so ye..

Wolf47

HSC

i can do like 5 chinups
30 pushups
and around 50 situps

the numbers proly vary coz we all have different definitions of these terms
like do you go down ALL the way during a chinup?
apparently your meant to go down all the way till your elbow are straight
a push requires you to go down till your nose touches the ground..
so ye..
I'm pretty sure your not meant to go completely straight, because you'll hyper-extend your arms. I go until theres about a 120* angle between my forearm and my upper arm.

Regarding sit ups, I mean full sit ups like chest to knees all the way, not crunches.

Also after i injured my arm I was told to do dips to strengthen my shoulder, I could probably do about 30 of those in one session.

Enchantress91

HSC
Can't do reps. But I do 1 and stay in the up position for like 5-6 seconds. And my arms are dead the next day...

How far apart are your hands suppose to be?:confused: Coz I have mine shoulder-width apart.

Wolf47

HSC
Can't do reps. But I do 1 and stay in the up position for like 5-6 seconds. And my arms are dead the next day...

How far apart are your hands suppose to be?:confused: Coz I have mine should-width apart.
The grips on my chin up bar are 30cm apart, so it is pretty much shoulder width apart for me.

You remind me of my little sister, she jumps up and holds herself up there for a few seconds, then complains the next day when her arms hurt. Although I'm not surprised considering she is only 12 years old.

Heres a picture of what my doorway chin up bar looks like (you can get these on eBay for like $25):

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)