• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

China plans to dominate Asia and the World (1 Viewer)

firehose

HSC
Vangineer said:
GO China!!!!!
better have em rule the world than those nasty selfish americans

(America is such a big country but only donated 350 million dollars, compared to australia's 1 billion)

China is such a big country too but yet only donated about $60 million dollars

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
China isn't exactly the kind of country you would want imposing their will onto others, hopefully they don't have this dream like the us does..

( i really wouldn't wanna live in a country like china ).

smallcattle

HSC
firehose said:
China is such a big country too but yet only donated about $60 million dollars
you might want 2 compare the GDP stats for China and Australia, then you will know why

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
unless i want to die of lung cancer and get run over by a car i wouldnt want to live in china either

alien

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
China isn't exactly the kind of country you would want imposing their will onto others, hopefully they don't have this dream like the us does..

( i really wouldn't wanna live in a country like china ).
ditto. i'd rather have america rule than china. china's cool, but the politics SUCK!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
At least in China their leaders are who they actually vote for. The Chinese culture is ethical, moral and all round superior to western culture, and if I had to choose between Chinese and american rule, I would without a doubt in my mind choose Chinese rule.

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
I personally would stick with Western rule (particularly Australian supremacy if that ever came to action)

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
Phanatical said:
At least in China their leaders are who they actually vote for. The Chinese culture is ethical, moral and all round superior to western culture, and if I had to choose between Chinese and american rule, I would without a doubt in my mind choose Chinese rule.
Well you obviously have never actually been there or lived in a country where China threatens to overule.....moral and ethical? ..pfffttt...bullshit....that's just a cover....do you really want to be ruled by a dictator? I'm not saying Americans are better because they are proud bastards .....seriously China is big enough already yet they still crave for domination...greed will overcome them all....I'm not mocking Chinese people most of my friends are Chinese....their government just pisses me off.........FREEDOM TO TIBET!!! FREEDOM TO THE TIBETANS!!!! LET THE DALAI LAMA RETURN TO HIS HOMELAND!!

alien

HSC
Phanatical said:
lol pfft to that. yeah they vote for their leaders, but they're all part of the communist party. where's the choice in that? if anyone tried to form any other party the chinese police would come and kill them. or torture. how is that ethical or moral? hmm?

Last edited:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
I think this editorial pretty much sums it all up- though I disagree with his final thought that China will never progress. Despite their "pygmy" mentality...China can and will continue to resort to undiplomatic measures to protect their own interests, knowing full well that the smaller, dependent countries will not utter a word in protest.

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/html_dir/2005/01/25/200501250011.asp

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
China has Never sought world domination. Until recent times, China was considered the entire World, even with the full knowledge that there were lands beyond China.

Tibet is an inalienable part of China, and must never be independent.

berry580

HSC
Xayma said:
Yes I know. But Phanatical said that China had not invaded any countries, I wasn't questioning the validity of their invasion.

I thought Australia's invasion was made clear by the removal of terra nullis.

The British were even worse, but Phanatical was setting China up as a saint which has never done anything wrong.

The relative brutatility of the nations is irrelevant. China still did invade!
To be honest, China has been invading throughout its history. But they're all civil wars.
China is basically a large piece of land being separated and stuck back together throughout history.
In other words, whether 'China' has ever been an invader, the answer is yes, and no.
If it's yes, Chinese have invaded too many land such that they're all now combined and called 'China'.
If it's no, Chinese has had civil wars ever since they know how to fight, they simply didn't have the chance to explore new land and invade them like how Britian did.

berry580

HSC
leetom said:
Apologising for what happened to Aboriginals (ie Stolen Generation) is debatable, not the actual stolen generation. Personally, I think an apology would do no harm; it would appease all the leftists pushing for an apology and has top symbolic value.
Debatable?!!! In what way? In politician's favours way?
Just say the word, they want to deny that had ever happened. It solves the problem instanteously. If those aborigines dares complain, masscre them, rape them, whatever. They've done it numerous times in the past, I'm sure they won't mind doing it again secretly.

The ALP promised an apology.

I'm sure once liberalism has its way in America there will be an apology about fifty years down the track.
Promised and reality is quite different as way as I'm concerned.
Also, if it realy does takes over 1/2 century for an apology, that better be with interest (i.e return their stolen land as well. Sydney should be a nice piece of land that the aborigines want, will that be returned? Will it? Will it?!!!).

Not every country is like that. How dare you try and cover other, superior countries with the CCP's cloak of crapness. Look at Europe, de-colinisation= big apology.
Europe? Well as far as I'm concerned, EIGHT different European countries joint forces to invade China in the late 1800's, and as far as I'm concerned, the Chinese has receieved no apology.
Does 'big apology' mean they forgot what was done in the past? Looks very much to be the case.
I know you must uphold the CCP's value of destroying everything of cultural value, but in the interst of australian cultural presevation, you should spell words how they are meant to be spelt.
For gods sakes are you ok?
BOTH 'honor' AND 'honour' are CORRECT!!! Please go ask your English teacher, then find a hole and cry in it.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No the aboriginies won't ever get any significant land, unless you're offering up your home?
There was a war, the aboriginies fought.. and they lost their land we were nice and let them stick around, aren't we good sports?

berry580

HSC
tech.knockout said:
wrong.

Ancient China at various stages occupied North Vietnam, Korea, and attempted to invade Japan. The Chinese culture definately 'invaded' Japan, much of Japanese writing is basically copied from Chinese writing.

If you include Mongolians as Chinese(IMO they should be, they played an immense role in present Chinese culture/history - dunno why they are still an independent country) , you could say the Chinese in general invaded much of the entire Asian continent.

Regarding the Tibetan issue, to me China is basically a unified Europe. I dont beleive there is such thing as a dominant 'Han' ethnicity. Its just people relating themselves to a long gone empire which ruled over many ethnicities anyway. Cantonese are just as different to Beijingnese as Manchurians to Sichuan people .
As far as I'm concerned, China did not 'invade' Japan physically.
As for the rest for the statement, I guess that was what I was trying to type.

"China is basically a unified Europe", pretty much what I was thinking about, except, you should say, "Europe is like a decentralised China". :cool:

berry580

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
No the aboriginies won't ever get any significant land, unless you're offering up your home?
There was a war, the aboriginies fought.. and they lost their land we were nice and let them stick around, aren't we good sports?
That's nice, the English invade their land, massacre their people, rape their women and now you see them as 'good', aye?

Nice.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
"We" didn't do anything. White Australia's ancestors did. I sure as hell didn't, and nor did My ancestors, yet now my government, the government which represents me, should apologise to the Aborigines for something that a bunch of white people did long before any of us were born? That's like saying that because Aborigines are descended from Ancient Chinese, that I have a birthright to the lands of this country, and everybody should go "back to Europe" (even though most white Australians haven't even been in the first place) so I can demolish their houses.

I mean, I'm sorry for the stolen generation in the sense that I can be sorry that my classmate passed away, or that my opponent defeated me in the SRC election. If the government were being asked to show regret for the things done in the last 200 years then fine - but the type of "sorry" that some people are looking for would put the blame of the events solely on the Australian Government, and the citizens it serves. Like we cannot blame the Mongolian people of today for invading China, because it was their ancestors and not them who did it, we cannot blame the Australia of today for committing atrocities that none of us were around to have committed.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Exactly i have no problem with saying sorry to them, i'm honestly sorry that their ancestors went through so much crap in the name of british expansion... but the notion that we owe them land or that we ourselves did something to them i find obsurd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)