• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

China plans to dominate Asia and the World (1 Viewer)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Sorry cb, we shouldn't fight. Instead, let's sit and look out at the horizon in the direction of Beijing.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Xayma said:
Yes I know. But Phanatical said that China had not invaded any countries, I wasn't questioning the validity of their invasion.

I thought Australia's invasion was made clear by the removal of terra nullis.

The British were even worse, but Phanatical was setting China up as a saint which has never done anything wrong.

The relative brutatility of the nations is irrelevant. China still did invade!
removal of terra nullius did little to improve the situ of ATSI
I concur but you must admit it sounded a little hypocritical

lol, yes leetom, let's.

berry580

HSC
leetom said:
The conduct of European settelers and soldiers in Africa was appaling, but this does not detract from the brutality of the Chinese soldiers in Tibet. What occured in Tibet is also a lot more recent than what went on in Africa.

Don't try to point the finger at European nations either, just 'cause they chopped China up into Spheres of Influence :)
The conduct of European settelers and soldiers in Africa was appaling hence they have the right to criticise others in doing what they've done?
I don't know how dumb (i.e Think with their @$$) can people these days get, but as far as I'm concerned, time doesn't matter in murder cases. If they've done it, they've done it.
If I murder an asshole now and get caught 50 years later, I won't be any less guilty in comparison to someone whoalso killed any idiot 50 years later and was caught immediately.

Don't try to point the finger at European bastards? Well I can either point my fingers at the bastards or a gun at their heads and pull the trigger with honor.

sladehk

le random
HSC
everyoen knows how america wants to stay at the top and crush all its rivals. an example is USSR. next they're gonna start the communist crap again

leetom

HSC
berry580 said:
The conduct of European settelers and soldiers in Africa was appaling hence they have the right to criticise others in doing what they've done?
I don't know how dumb (i.e Think with their @$$) can people these days get, but as far as I'm concerned, time doesn't matter in murder cases. If they've done it, they've done it.
If I murder an asshole now and get caught 50 years later, I won't be any less guilty in comparison to someone who also killed any idiot 50 years later and was caught immediately.

Don't try to point the finger at European bastards? Well I can either point my fingers at the bastards or a gun at their heads and pull the trigger with honor.
China can't claim autonomy from Western criticism just because European nations acted in a particularly barbaric manner towards local Africans back in the 19th century. Such an idea is so stupid, the CCP havn't even tried to do so.

It doesn't really matter though, because few nations criticise China's human rights record. Independant groups like Amnesty and Free Tibet are the only real sources for human rights progress in China.

You point out the lasting guilt of a nation that has committed a crime against humanity, with the use of a rather silly analogy of still being guilty when killing someone, despite a lapse in time of 50 years. This is true, though the atrocities committed by European nations took place a long time before China's treatment of Tibetans. A successive change in governments in European governments over a century and a half have rendered any particular individual or political party free from punishment, 'cause they're long dead. I suppose the party that was in power during the time of the atrocities could be pressed for an apology on behalf of the party, though that's debatable (eg Liberal Party, Aboriginal stolen generation).

China though, more importantly the CCP, can still be held accountable for what happened to the Tibetans in the 50's. See, the CCP has been power pretty much since its establishment. They COULD give an apology to affected Tibetans, it's probable that party members from the 50's are still alive, though it's highly likely it won't 'cause it has to retain its aura of greatness and faultlessness.

You would shoot a European dead today for what his/her nation did to China at the start of last century? How extreme of you. You also spelt 'honour' incorrectly.

Oh, and that 'pointing the finger' sentance was more apart of my semi-flirting with Cherryblossom rather than being apart of my actual argument, though I don't expect you to understand, such are the dynamics of our flirtation.

Last edited:

berry580

HSC
leetom said:
China can't claim autonomy from Western criticism just because European nations acted in a particularly barbaric manner towards local Africans back in the 19th century. Such an idea is so stupid, the CCP havn't even tried to do so.
'Just because'?
You're making it sound masscres of the black people is nothing significant. But maybe it isn't significant afterall- to the bastards.
It doesn't really matter though, because few nations criticise China's human rights record. Independant groups like Amnesty and Free Tibet are the only real sources for human rights progress in China.
Those are also one who is trying to kick start a civil war.

You point out the lasting guilt of a nation that has committed a crime against humanity, with the use of a rather silly analogy of still being guilty when killing someone, despite a lapse in time of 50 years. This is true, though the atrocities committed by European nations took place a long time before China's treatment of Tibetans. A successive change in governments in European governments over a century and a half have rendered any particular individual or political party free from punishment, 'cause they're long dead. I suppose the party that was in power during the time of the atrocities could be pressed for an apology on behalf of the party, though that's debatable (eg Liberal Party, Aboriginal stolen generation).
The 'Stolen Generation' can only be debatable??!! Debate what? Say it never happened? Or it happened 'so long ago', now the aborigines don't have the right to do jack because their culture is worthless anyway (It may not be officially recognised, but this belief is once more than widespread)?

China though, more importantly the CCP, can still be held accountable for what happened to the Tibetans in the 50's. See, the CCP has been power pretty much since its establishment. They COULD give an apology to affected Tibetans, it's probable that party members from the 50's are still alive, though it's highly likely it won't 'cause it has to retain its aura of greatness and faultlessness.
Mate, every country is like that.
Do you see Australia apologise for the 'Stolen Generation'?
Do you see USA apologises for the tortures in Guantanamo Bay? All I see are lies.

You would shoot a European dead today for what his/her nation did to China at the start of last century? How extreme of you. You also spelt 'honour' incorrectly.
Mate, the last thing I'll ever do in a debate is to talk about one's punctuation. But for a start, both 'honor' and 'honour' works! (you're so smart)

leetom

HSC
berry580 said:
'Just because'?
You're making it sound masscres of the black people is nothing significant. But maybe it isn't significant afterall- to the bastards.
Those are also one who is trying to kick start a civil war.
No lack of significance was intended. Sorry.

berry580 said:
The 'Stolen Generation' can only be debatable??!! Debate what? Say it never happened? Or it happened 'so long ago', now the aborigines don't have the right to do jack because their culture is worthless anyway (It may not be officially recognised, but this belief is once more than widespread)?

Apologising for what happened to Aboriginals (ie Stolen Generation) is debatable, not the actual stolen generation. Personally, I think an apology would do no harm; it would appease all the leftists pushing for an apology and has top symbolic value.

berry580 said:
Mate, every country is like that.
Do you see Australia apologise for the 'Stolen Generation'?
Do you see USA apologises for the tortures in Guantanamo Bay? All I see are lies.)?
The ALP promised an apology.

I'm sure once liberalism has its way in America there will be an apology about fifty years down the track.

Not every country is like that. How dare you try and cover other, superior countries with the CCP's cloak of crapness. Look at Europe, de-colinisation= big apology.

berry580 said:
Mate, the last thing I'll ever do in a debate is to talk about one's punctuation. But for a start, both 'honor' and 'honour' works! (you're so smart)
I know you must uphold the CCP's value of destroying everything of cultural value, but in the interst of australian cultural presevation, you should spell words how they are meant to be spelt.

Last edited:

firehose

HSC
With the matter of the Aborigines and the Stolen Generation, i personally don't see the need for an 'apology' as such, the only reasons it should be done is for the sake of the Aborigines' self-desire for pride and fulfilment (and to shut them up), and for symbolic act "on behalf of the whole nation" (even tho half couldn't care less)

As for China planning to dominate Asia and the World, there's no doubt they will continue to rise..... they may economically dominate in the near future, but if they want to militarily take over the world (which may really be a possibility with that Commie regime still there) it won't work: the USA still has a defence budget more than the next 20 nations combined....

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
firehose said:
As for China planning to dominate Asia and the World, there's no doubt they will continue to rise..... they may economically dominate in the near future, but if they want to militarily take over the world (which may really be a possibility with that Commie regime still there) it won't work: the USA still has a defence budget more than the next 20 nations combined....
They couldn't take over the world militarily, no country could, not even the USA. They would have a hard enough time invading Australia, Iraq had pratically no army, yet they are still causing trouble. Once invaded people often put their country before their life. China purely can't take over the world, at least not within hundreds of years, by which time the differences would be so great it wouldn't be China any more.

firehose

HSC
Xayma said:
They couldn't take over the world militarily, no country could, not even the USA. They would have a hard enough time invading Australia, Iraq had pratically no army, yet they are still causing trouble. Once invaded people often put their country before their life. China purely can't take over the world, at least not within hundreds of years, by which time the differences would be so great it wouldn't be China any more.

Yea very true Xayma, no one will ever be able to dominate the whole world.... it just sprung up in my head because some guy at school was sayin how the next big world war will between China and the US...

.... and IF this DOES happen (just say hypothetically), even though everyone seems to like bashing Bush and his administration cowboys atm, i would hope that everyone would support the US, no matter how corrupt it is.... the thought of China, run by a even more corrupt communist gov't, being the world's most influential nation-state is not a good thought at all...

NOT that it will happen anyway :rolleyes:

tech.knockout

HSC
Phanatical said:
How many countries has China ever invaded? None.

wrong.

Ancient China at various stages occupied North Vietnam, Korea, and attempted to invade Japan. The Chinese culture definately 'invaded' Japan, much of Japanese writing is basically copied from Chinese writing.

If you include Mongolians as Chinese(IMO they should be, they played an immense role in present Chinese culture/history - dunno why they are still an independent country) , you could say the Chinese in general invaded much of the entire Asian continent.

Regarding the Tibetan issue, to me China is basically a unified Europe. I dont beleive there is such thing as a dominant 'Han' ethnicity. Its just people relating themselves to a long gone empire which ruled over many ethnicities anyway. Cantonese are just as different to Beijingnese as Manchurians to Sichuan people .

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
But during those times, all countries were increasing their empires by invasion.

But the only country doing it now are UK, US and us.

I think China will rule the world in terms of economics and countries will be scared of china. but US will still rule in supremacy with their big aircraft carriers and state of the art wmd's and Police the World.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
zenger69 said:
But during those times, all countries were increasing their empires by invasion.

But the only country doing it now are UK, US and us.

I think China will rule the world in terms of economics and countries will be scared of china. but US will still rule in supremacy with their big aircraft carriers and state of the art wmd's and Police the World.
Since there are only three members of the coalition of the willing :rolleyes:

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
well more in the """coalition of willing""" something like 48 nations. Except
after some research locating those countries, looking at the size and watching Fahrenheit 911.
It only seems like Us and Uk made great contributions, we contributed a little together with italy.

But you hear of countries offering monkeys in Iraq to detect landmines... just cracks me up.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
GO China!!!!!
better have em rule the world than those nasty selfish americans

(America is such a big country but only donated 350 million dollars, compared to australia's 1 billion)

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
tech.knockout said:
wrong.

Ancient China at various stages occupied North Vietnam, Korea, and attempted to invade Japan. The Chinese culture definately 'invaded' Japan, much of Japanese writing is basically copied from Chinese writing.

If you include Mongolians as Chinese(IMO they should be, they played an immense role in present Chinese culture/history - dunno why they are still an independent country) , you could say the Chinese in general invaded much of the entire Asian continent.

Regarding the Tibetan issue, to me China is basically a unified Europe. I dont beleive there is such thing as a dominant 'Han' ethnicity. Its just people relating themselves to a long gone empire which ruled over many ethnicities anyway. Cantonese are just as different to Beijingnese as Manchurians to Sichuan people .
Yahh...a couple of villagers moved from China to Japan...very early. I don't know the exact dates, but when they moved, they took the traditional chinese characters with them.

Since that is the case, I'm guessing that it was when China spoke a form of cantonese, before the splitting, and changing to Shanghainese and Mandarin. I dunno....seems like it.

[EDIT]: I said that because many of the words in cantonese are present in japanese
eg suicide, yes.
Or, the people from cantonese speaking regions moved to Japan...

smallcattle

HSC
tech.knockout said:
wrong.

The china's involvements in the viet-war and kor-war were 4 the protection of the communist party, to defend it's boarders from the americans... you call that invasion?? and where did u get the fact that china attempted 2 invade Japan....

do some research plz... god....

Generator

HSC
N/A
smallcattle said:
The china's involvements in the viet-war and kor-war were 4 the protection of the communist party, to defend it's boarders from the americans... you call that invasion?? and where did u get the fact that china attempted 2 invade Japan....

do some research plz... god....
tech.knockout was quite clear in saying Ancient China... Try reading what is on the screen, please :).

smallcattle

HSC
OK my bad, i'll take it back

if its ancient china that you r talking about.. then its true

but look at ancient time around the world... ancient europe.. rome..italy.. i mean why should the ancient chinese be any different 2 the rest of the world at that time

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)