• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

China vs Taiwan (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
lmao taiwan has a BETTER economy, if china had the type of advanced centrist economy which taiwan had it would have ALREADY overtaken the US lmao
China has the highest economy growth over the past 3 yrs

and its only one of the few countries in the world to have a very positve economy growth

trust me, china's economy is huge, and its ever increasing

It's not fundamentally about economy. The fact remains that the U.S's constitutional ideologies are in conflict with China's. Namely, communism. Hence, they will always tend to provide a buffer of support for Taiwan, so that it doesn't become a pushover. If Taiwan can't afford weapons themselves at an adequate level, then the U.S will tend to physically step in to try and prevent a Chinese victory. Considering they have 12 carrier battle groups, I think the Communist Party will have alot to deal in their hands.
Today 10:14 PM

but did u see the US do anything with the russia??? (after cold war)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
China's economy is huge and growing however that growth is basically due to the size of the country and the opening of it's markets, not radical reforms on behalf of the government.
Taiwan has a much better economic strategy, you will read nothing that says otherwise (unless it's from a chinese propaganda paper).

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
... said:
Iran won't be an issue, they are playing very smart..if u read lately they are "abanding" their projects on uranium or something, what can bush do? nothing :p

n.korea, thats a very interesting place, but Bush wont touch them unless n.korea chucks a Bin Laden cos even though its urban rumor, they have nukes...
and more impoartnatly they have china next to them

Collin

HSC
N/A
... said:
but did u see the US do anything with the russia??? (after cold war)
Huh? I'm not understanding clearly here. The Soviet Union broke up and then Russia became a democracy (well, a semi-democracy cause we all know that Putin's party still loves to enforce certain authoritarian legislations in parliament). So really, the U.S 'won' or 'outlasted' the Cold War without erm.. doing anything. Haha.

Collin

HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
and more impoartnatly they have china next to them
Very good point. If Bush decides to pre-emptively strike North Korea, he will have a massive responsibility not to cause collateral damage to China. If they do.. oh boy.

^___^
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Huh? I'm not understanding clearly here. The Soviet Union broke up and then Russia became a democracy (well, a semi-democracy cause we all know that Putin's party still loves to enforce certain authoritarian legislations in parliament). So really, the U.S 'won' or 'outlasted' the Cold War without erm.. doing anything. Haha.
russia is typically the "origin" for communism
it is not still a commie countries just like china, they redefine the governemtn handing though

cept china excels now cos we can use the talent where as russians who makes a living either flys off to america or to somwhere in the sun

haivng said that, i interpret the msg that US will defend Taiwan because China is a commie country, but think of it as this, no one cares about commie countries anymore, its not like vietnam war, cos everyone knows China is not technicailly a commie country, the trend now is "da terrorist niggaz"

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
peace, welfare and fucking good government for both sides of the Straits is all i want. fuck questions of politics and history. i've finished exams. i'm ecstatic.

in other news:
happy happy NEW S.H.E ALBUM!!! ARGHHHH!!!! SELINAA!!!! <3<3<3

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
China's economy is huge and growing however that growth is basically due to the size of the country and the opening of it's markets, not radical reforms on behalf of the government.
Taiwan has a much better economic strategy, you will read nothing that says otherwise (unless it's from a chinese propaganda paper).
get out NSB, we've had enough of your crap in news and current affairs.
you have little understanding of the situ.
China's particular brand of communism is very peripheral from the one proposed by Marx and Lenin.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
China isn't a technologically advanced nation, russia was.
if china isn't a technologically-advanced nation, then why the fuck do most of the world's consumer manufacturing go on there? cheap labour isn't the only reason. think about the spaceman shit, think about the fact that China has nukes... China isn't that bad for two millennia of feudalism and isolation and one hundred years of war, revolution and turmoil.

by the way, this whole fucking thread is GAY. china and taiwan are good friends, we should all aim to be capitalistic, prosperous places. i dun care about sovereignty and politics... that's an issue for international law, and i dun want to be an international lawyer. :p

LET'S TALK ABOUT MANDO POP!!!! kEkEkEkeE!!!~~*

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
lol cheap labour is the ONLY reason, thus why people go to the US when they want automated systems :)
so NTB, what kinda music do you listen to?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i listen to lots of different stuff, from some more 'classical' music to rock, pop.

I was actually wrong, they also go to china because they have a decent power grid, it's fairly politically stable, etc,etc. I imagine once china, india become industrialized nations all the factories will move to africa.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Frigid said:
if china isn't a technologically-advanced nation, then why the fuck do most of the world's consumer manufacturing go on there? cheap labour isn't the only reason. think about the spaceman shit, think about the fact that China has nukes... China isn't that bad for two millennia of feudalism and isolation and one hundred years of war, revolution and turmoil.

by the way, this whole fucking thread is GAY. china and taiwan are good friends, we should all aim to be capitalistic, prosperous places. i dun care about sovereignty and politics... that's an issue for international law, and i dun want to be an international lawyer. :p

Selina :) *awaits puddle of drool*

Collin

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:

OH fuck, don't turn my thread into another totally offtopic spamfest.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The chinese and taiwanese people are kinda friendly, they have strong business ties however the chinese government see's taiwan as 'unfinished' business.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
you two, we need you in current affairs!
No I don't think Taiwan should become independent - though yes, I know tw and mainland china have differing economies etc.
But Taiwanese are Chinese....they have squinty eyes and yellow skin like the rest of us.
China now has a yi guo liang zhi policy, which means one nation, two 'zhi du' - i.e. capitalism and communism. HK has accepted it pretty well, why can't TW?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
OH fuck, don't turn my thread into another totally offtopic spamfest.
srsly JKD - what's the fucking pt?

political and religious debates on student forums only get ppl pissed off and swear at each other... and there's no fucking result except a closed thread, mods getting pissed off and shit...

and besides, all our debating and arguments don't count for shit to the political situation. we can't vote in Taiwan or China. we can't protest rally in Australia, coz it'll have minimal effect. voice our opinions online? i think we've already established our political divide and that's not gonna be easily changed.

so back to something nice and politically-correct like teeny-bopper music...

Peace out. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)