• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chinese girls the hottest outa all asians? (2 Viewers)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Nakashima said:
I have to stay out of political discussions because I'm totally confused from learning about Chinese history in China and then again in Australia. The perspectives are so different. I don't know what to think. :(
When'd you come to Australia anyway, Dreamerish?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Nakashima said:
I have to stay out of political discussions because I'm totally confused from learning about Chinese history in China and then again in Australia. The perspectives are so different. I don't know what to think. :(
Hah.. yeah. Wikipedia is banned in China anyway lol.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Collin said:
Yeah me too.. lol, family is well off.

But yeah, for someone who came here when he was 6, rejected his heritage for half the time he was here, most people would be surprised to know I'm absolutely yearning to move back.

I need to learn mando properly though. I have an authentic accent, but my vocab just isn't big since I moved here when I was so young. I need to learn to read and write. Then hopefully I can get a M. or Ph.D here.. and bam, I'm outta here.

Jago, glad you're with me baby ;)
lol. me too. Actually I only really wanted to return to Korea after Uni, but meeting a lot of different Asian friends in Australia makes me want to go to China, Japan, Thailand and the like as well. :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't mind going to Korea. Me and my dad went to a Korean restaurant in Beijing.. and he was using his crappy Korean greetings on the staff there.. twas hilarious *sigh good times*

I dunno about Japan though. The Rape of Nanjing by Imperial Japan has really scarred my opinion of Japan, and I KNOW KNOW KNOW that it's not an opinion to be proud of over 60 years on. But I can't help the way I feel.

Jago: lol they didn't do shit when I was trodding there.. hahaha.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well think about it. It obviously contains information sensitive to the government.. i.e information which they deem could jeopardise national soverignty. Add the fact that it's an encyclopedia with a mainly westernised audience which ANYONE could modify.. I'd be bloody surprised if they didn't censor it.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
err, because they don't want their citizens to know how crappily(heh) they've been treated?

bleh, collin's answer owns mine

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Collin said:
I wouldn't mind going to Korea. Me and my dad went to a Korean restaurant in Beijing.. and he was using his crappy Korean greetings on the staff there.. twas hilarious *sigh good times*

I dunno about Japan though. The Rape of Nanjing by Imperial Japan has really scarred my opinion of Japan, and I KNOW KNOW KNOW that it's not an opinion to be proud of over 60 years on. But I can't help the way I feel.

Jago: lol they didn't do shit when I was trodding there.. hahaha.
If its any consolation, my cousin and EVERY Japanese person I know, don't hate China at all, infact they've got good Chinese friends too. It's just the idiots at the top who's causing all the problems anyway. but I digress..

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
omg....... but wikipedia is the BEST... *tears* i can't believe it..

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
Boasting about yourself on the internet?

bahahaha.

By the way, what's the relevance of this thread to HSC Chinese?
It's called self advertisin on the internet.

Gee man you're such a borin kunt. :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jebus, how quickly does this thread move. The resurrection of the forum has begun.

Hahaha Janice a semi-fob, that's gold. She's tryin to maintain her fobness yet unable to do so because of her isolation from the Chinese community. Collin should take her to sing K more often. :p

There are certain friends I speak to in English, and there are friends whom I speak to with Chinese and only Chinese, but I don't think that makes me a fob. I came here not knowin a word of English and the friends I have met durin that time I could only speak to them usin Chinese. Nowadays I see em I still communicate with them usin Chinese, so I wouldn't get annoyed when 'fobs' start to chatter around in their native tongues.

As for livin in China, yeah I love livin there. Everythin's cheap and there's yum cha every day, what more can you want in life...? ;)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
LMF^^ said:
As for livin in China, yeah I love livin there. Everythin's cheap and there's yum cha every day, what more can you want in life...? ;)
have to agree with you x1000
thats the main thing that makes me want to go back....cheap delicious food and cheap products....but then well contribute to their growing obesity rate too :p

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Nakashima said:
I admit I did generalise a bit. I was just talking about fashion though.

But the fobs I see around uni are really loud and blabber in Mandarin non-stop which makes it hard for me not to eavesdrop. So many of them just don't put in the effort to learn english, and then whinge about getting beaten in exams because of their language barriers. There was this girl at Wentworth who was complaining about that. She was all like "they think they're so great just cause they can speak english. If I was back in China I'd beat them all in exams". I was like wtf just go back then.
You need to show a bit of understanding. It's easy for you to learn the language at yr 4 but far harder for international students to overcome the language barrier. What gives you more right to be in the country than them? The fact that your parents migrated here??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)