• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chinese girls the hottest outa all asians? (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
It's underlying Xenophobia. I won't generalise the case, but I never mind when people loudly in Mando.. but in Canto I find it slightly annoying (because I speak Mando but not Canto). So for many Westernised Asians and whites who don't speak ANY Chinese.. nor have any real understanding or encounter with Chinese cultures etc. you can't blame them for harbouring these views.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I think great POVs from the both of you, and I can pretty much understand that. It's just that I've made some good friends from 'fobs' and they're really not that much different from us realli. (I think?) haha...

Collin

HSC
N/A
Yep, they're def not.. just that like I said it's xenophobia. My own gf is semi-fob.. so I can't say I hate all fobs can I? lolz.

It's the extreme ones I'm concerned about.. i.e hardly ANY english, tendency to yap loudly in Canto, 'mop hair' etc. It stirs those xenophobic tendencies and because of their English issues, the situation doesn't present you a chance to mend those tendencies either. Unless, of course you also speak their language (in this case I get along OK with Mando peeps).

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Collin said:
what971:

Didn't think so. Hah!

As for your previous post:

I think it's to do with a lack of having things in common, cultural differences etc. infact dare I say the word, general xenophobia. I tend to find Westernised Asians as being the ones who don't like fobs, just like most whites. Language difficulties certainly plays a role, along with their general culture (e.g yapping loudly in their canto) and combine that with the 'fairly ragtag' method of dressing most Westernised Asians and whites tend to regard fobs.. you have yourself a situation where the two groups stay away from each other (i.e fobs hang with fobs etc. etc.). And because of how they tend to avoid each other, those xenophobic barriers don't get a chance to get resolved.
I think im a pretty westernised asian, and i have no problem with individual fobs. However, when there's a group of them they start "yapping loudly in their canto" and this is annoys me to no end. How can i chat them up if they refuse to speak english? :(

p.s. hahaha, janice is quite the asian indeed

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Komaticom said:
I don't like the sound of Canto.
Mandarin just sounds more subtle in tone. Everyone disagree?

Anyone wanna kick my ass on this one?
Nah I agree. Mandarin flows smoother and sounds less like nagging.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Jago: Yo sup. :eek:

Komaticom: No one should wanna kick your butt over that one.. even my own gf who speaks Canto admitted that the language sounds fundamentally aggressive. When she's talking to her mum, I always think they're fighting.. when they're just talking normally lol.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
i dunno.. i speak canto myself. all i know is honkie people.. me included.. thinks we are more superior than mainland people.. must say.. i am a lot more accepting now than i was in hk =)

but.. i have to admit that ya know.. chinese generally are too loud. canto or mando. go into a crowded yum cha place and you can barely hear yourself

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Nesty said:
i dunno.. i speak canto myself. all i know is honkie people.. me included.. thinks we are more superior than mainland people.
I disagree.

JKD: :p

edit2: oh, it's just collin now, is it?

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
That's the thing I hate about alot of honkies (not all, just some). They've got some elitist attitude thinking they're better than mainlanders. Deadset faggots.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
haha.. yeah we are born with the superior thinking.. it's stupid. used to argue with the mainland people hk and shit

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Collin said:
That's the thing I hate about alot of honkies (not all, just some). They've got some elitist attitude thinking they're better than mainlanders. Deadset faggots.
hmmm yeah i've noticed this as well with my HK friends, its mostly with the guys though - the HK girls not so much, i think.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Jago: No more JKD.. can't find any JKD instructors here :(

Anyway Nesty: Just out of curiosity.. WHO promotes this culture of elitist thinking? The parents or just school culture? I was told that one reason honkie fobs stay away from mando/mainlanders is due to their so called oooooorsum superiority.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Collin said:
Ha, I realised that as well.

Some Taiwanese people I know get all offended when you confuse them with mainlanders. I just don't get what they think is so much better about them. You look the same as mainlanders, you speak the same language, you are technically of the same nationality, only difference is mainlanders aren't discriminatory shitheads.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i know a few hk dudes, they don't seem elistist when im around...

maybe it's because i will kick their ass ??

Nakashima: i agree completely, i asked this one girl in my tute where she's from, she said taiwan, so i said "so china, yeah?" ...i don't think she liked it :p

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
I can understand the Taiwan thing though.. due to political reasons (i.e Communist mainland vs. defeated Nationalists). But honkies!?!?! Only reasons I can think of:
- Probably higher average wealth (gee, they probably generalise mainlanders as poor farmers or something)
- A more 'modern' place, i.e commercial hubs, standards of living etc. I guess directly related to wealth.
- More 'global-thinking', evolved from the fact that they're more wealthy and that over 100 years of British rule has promoted the place as more global and freedom-oriented than mainland China.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
nah it's the whole culture back in hk.. like you speak canto and you know english and you're richer and you're better off.. like up there they are communist and poor and stuff.. but down here we are rich and cool and loads of freedom.. but really we're just a damn colony of Britain.. still.. it is better off than mainland anyday

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well.. guess you just paraphrased what I said before. :)

Atleast my guestimations were right........ and in a way I can understand those reasons. I mean look at many Shang chicks. They're gold diggers. But one can understand the needs of having a guy who's rich, academically sound etc.

As for the communist thing.. well they're back under P.R.C rule now, so suck shit. :p

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
haha yeah didn't realise you typed a reply.. :S

haha you should see the disgust in the general community back in hk when the mainland people are swamping hk like house on fire..

hence hk people fleeing hk :) part of reason why i am here in good old australia today

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
So you came to Australia just to flee from some mainlanders?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)