• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chinese girls the hottest outa all asians? (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Wow. Guess I'm the only one who actually loved life in communist China.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Collin said:
dont u mean mainland china? i mean, as if 'enjoy' communism. :confused:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well yes, mainland.. but because some of you were talking about 'gettin' out of there because of the communists'.. I thought I'd make the distinction of stating that I didn't mind living in that communist-controlled place.

I don't know any other Westernised Asian from the mainland who grew up here WANTING to go back.. so yes, I even see myself as a strange case.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
There's other reasons. Most of them relating to a better future where you don't have to re-buy your house every 70 years, among other crap mainlanders have to deal with.

Taiwanese and Mainlanders should be able to get along well. It's not like Communism is rampant in Australia.
I think when they meet they do get along well.

I think guys, you shouldn't fret too much on this issue. I mean Chinese people are what 1.5billion something if u add mainland, hk, taiwan, se asia chinese etc? I think the reason people see themselves as unqiuely taiwanese, hk etc. is because they want to belong to a special 'subgroup', not be like 'I'm Chinese, I'm one in a billion lawl'.

It's probably something like America, where some people do actually like being called 'Texans, New Yorkers' than 'Americans' in general. So, no biggie really. As long as they're proud of themselves and respect the people with whom they share same ethnic, cultural background etc.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
what971 said:
oh yeah me too. except korean lyke.
Also, moved here so my brother wouldn't have to go to military. lawl. :)

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Collin said:
No no, I did too.

Life in China was excellent. Of course that might have been due to status/power/money, but nevertheless enjoyable.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
what971 said:
I think when they meet they do get along well.

I think guys, you shouldn't fret too much on this issue. I mean Chinese people are what 1.5billion something if u add mainland, hk, taiwan, se asia chinese etc? I think the reason people see themselves as unqiuely taiwanese, hk etc. is because they want to belong to a special 'subgroup', not be like 'I'm Chinese, I'm one in a billion lawl'.

It's probably something like America, where some people do actually like being called 'Texans, New Yorkers' than 'Americans' in general. So, no biggie really. As long as they're proud of themselves and respect the people with whom they share same ethnic, cultural background etc.
as a kid, the upbringing is way different... hk, taiwan, mainland

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Collin said:
I'm with ya collin baby (minus the whole wanting to go back bit)

what971: doesn't mainland china have like 1.4bn alone? it'd be a bit more than 1.5bn if you add all other other countries

Collin

HSC
N/A
I find the deal with Taiwanese to be a somewhat different case. I mean they are constantly breathed down the neck by the mainland pointing nukes at them. They were and STILL are warring factions in a 60+ year civil war. Taiwan also has a very high-tech industry, and wealth is generally pretty good for many citizens. So I'm not surprised many Taiwanese despise and feel elitist among mainlanders.

Komaticom: I'm sorry to hear that. I don't actually totally comprehend what you were saying there about the government discouraging further education or something? Was this a long time ago?

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Nakashima said:
No no, I did too.

Life in China was excellent. Of course that might have been due to status/power/money, but nevertheless enjoyable.
That's quite ironeh.

China's not really communist anymore anyway, its more like a single-party dictatorship.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Jago said:
what971: doesn't mainland china have like 1.4bn alone? it'd be a bit more than 1.5bn if you add all other other countries
lol. i dunno. :)

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
what971 said:
That's quite ironeh.

China's not really communist anymore anyway, its more like a single-party dictatorship.
Yeah I did realise that. =\

Collin

HSC
N/A
Nakashima said:
No no, I did too.

Yeah me too.. lol, family is well off.

But yeah, for someone who came here when he was 6, rejected his heritage for half the time he was here, most people would be surprised to know I'm absolutely yearning to move back.

I need to learn mando properly though. I have an authentic accent, but my vocab just isn't big since I moved here when I was so young. I need to learn to read and write. Then hopefully I can get a M. or Ph.D here.. and bam, I'm outta here.

Jago, glad you're with me baby ;)

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
and that's not counting the "black market" (illegal) people.. or whatever they are called..

dun get me wrong by my bagging out chinese.. i love hk at times.. i would go back after my wonderful schooling finishes.. =)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
You have "Brogs is the awesome" in your user details. You can't possibly be Asian.
why? Brogan is an awesome question-answerer in the USyd forums. My butt's been saved multiple times because of him. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)