ciao a tutti!! (3 Viewers)

s2ophie

HSC
my teacher is partucularly sick of them because i have speaking practise with him every week. Cos i know he knows mine it makes me lazier!

Jacks

HSC
you have practice every week?? hehe that's more than me...I think my teacher thinks I'm going to freeze up and be pathetic or something...she knows I hate speaking...It's really annoying cos I know all this stuff and I'm affraid I'm going to look like an idiot hehe ;)

s2ophie

HSC
yeah its been great cos it makes you do it every week. 20 minutes a week. i think my teacher thinks i will be fine if i talk naturally and not in a monotone like i do if i'm bored!

Jacks

HSC
you seem like you're pretty good...I'm just going to try and get in the right frame of mind this week and hopefully I'll do ok...are you italian?? hmmm anyways have you been told what sort of questions to definitely expect?? I know the themes but I wanna make sure I haven't left anything out...them asking a question I can't answer, well with only a monosyllabic reply at the most, would not be good.

s2ophie

HSC
I'm not italian purtroppo!

our teacher gave us a list of all these questions to prepare si i know all them even if you feel like giving a monosyllabic answer DON'T and then steer the answer where you want to go

Jacks

HSC
I'm not italian purtroppo!...I like that hehe...:p why not fully italian or fully english??? hehe it's all good. I'm not going to give a monosyllabic answer if I can help it...and I'll try and steer the conversation...I'm working on that...if they say something you totally don't wanna talk about can you just say you don't want to talk about that?? What would be the best way to say that in italian do you think...???

s2ophie

HSC
The purtroppo came to me a bit late!!

It would be probably best not to say that because you could be pointing out a lack of knowledge. If say i was asked about sport and i didn't want to talk about that i would say 'Non practico lo sport quest'anno perche' devo studiare molto...etc' then you can talk about school

Jacks

HSC
ah okies...I was thinking that...but my teacher says it doesn't really matter as long as you have complex sentence constructions and the like it doesn't matter if you don't like a particular interest...you can just say blah blah (whatever it is) non mi interessa molto or whatever.

I'm really trying to build idioms at the moment...and different stuff in all of the tenses...what's your favourite idiomatic expression??

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by s2ophie
I have a male teacher so i really don't care. It will be just so much better to talk to someone who is NOT my teacher befcause they will not know my responses!
Originally posted by Jacks
hehe that is sooo true...I'm pretty sure my teacher is getting sick of hearing about the same thing in the same way all the time
Originally posted by s2ophie
my teacher is partucularly sick of them because i have speaking practise with him every week. Cos i know he knows mine it makes me lazier!
yes yes yes
i totally agree with all 3 comments

what's an idiomatic expression?

Jacks

HSC
meh...let me try and explain this in a way you may be able to understand...an idiom is basically something that is 'italian' as one puts it. An idiomatic expression, well at least this is my understanding, is something that would be used in normal italian conversion...but it doesn't necessarily have a literal meaning...for example "un bel mattone" literally means a good brick...but it can be used in the context of meaning a really big book...

"ho letto il Signore degli Anelli e' un bel mattone di 1000 pagine..." or whatever...

does that make sense...?? Someone else not so stressed may be able to explain it better

s2ophie

HSC
in bocco al lupo - you don't actually want them to go into the mouth of the wolf - you want to say good luck - break a leg in English

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yep i get it, i never learn the names of things, i just know they exist
i didn't know what a verb was before doing languages

s2ophie

HSC
languages help you speak your own language! i used to get verbs and adjectives and nouns mixed up cos i never bothered to learn them properly but its hard to do italian and not know!

Jacks

HSC
yeah doing a language definitely helps with that sort of thing...I guess that is something we can say when they ask why we chose italian or why we think learning a language is useful...

Another practice question for you all...do you think learing another language is useful...si o no??? e perche o perche no???
Penso di si.

Kakie

yeh i also noticed that , i think htat the old hsc was better becos they did a grammatical study, instead of all this analytical stuff...king friggen lear!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, we have to write about that stuff and don't learn grammer anymore!! and 2u of eng has to be counted - when it's all crap!

s2ophie

HSC
English is good!!!!! i'll support it if nobody else does!

Jacks

HSC
I'm a supporter!!! I do 4u English and would do more if I could...and how could you knock English...??? s2ophie they're only jealous because they don't have the pleasure of watching Colin Firth like us!!! :D

s2ophie

HSC
oh wow your an I&Ser too! wait are you a girl or a boy? i always assumed you were a guy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)