CityRail - still training Sydney? (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Hey my Wollongong bus depended on it lol, and plus a few other trains were late too.

Bus to Wollongong = 1 hr
Train to Wollongong = 3 hrs

:-/

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
MuffinMan said:
Damn, the Campbelltown train was late by like 15 minutes today, disappointing. Consequently, I missed my bus down to Wollongong lol, so I had to ditch uni today. lucky I didn't have anything important, otherwise I would have been fucked.
Once, the train was late and so was I because a friend's car had broken down and because it was late I managed to get to uni in time to hand in an assignment.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
MuffinMan said:
Hey my Wollongong bus depended on it lol, and plus a few other trains were late too.

Bus to Wollongong = 1 hr
Train to Wollongong = 3 hrs

:-/
was this caused by the south line mechanical failure? As in, run on effects? My train had to stop at Erskinville and St. Peters this morning, and consequenrly it took a lot of anger and shoving to get out of the door at Redfern. Oh joy from cityrail.

MuffinMan

HSC
I think the train came from the East Hills Line. Not really sure but its either the East Hills Line or the South Line. I caught the City via Sydenham train to go to the city and bum around though, since I missed my bus there was no loss. It was ok, pretty fast though. What was wrong with the door? Was it too overcrowded? Yeah I caught the express train in the morning and it was heaps crowded when we came to Glenfield (which is my stop btw), pretty hard to find seats. I think more peak hour services are also required for Cityrail to improve.

MuffinMan

HSC
bshadrian said:
you go to wollongong and live in campeltown, fuck i dont know how far but i think its far= /
eh its 40mins - car
1 hour bus

eh my closest station is glenfield.

nys-j

HSC
Hey i think i know you!! :p
brisbane city trains are pretty good - not at all complicated though - they all stop at teh same 2 stations, with times matched up in case u have to change, and thers like... 5 different lines or so. LIke yeah, peak hour is crowded, but im on for 5 minutes so im not worried :p ppl on for longer hav a whinge to mx but yeah - not that bad. I prefer them to buses anyway (maybe cause my first bus trip the driver was an asshole). But they dont go to all of brisbane - think a fair few use buses. Trains r normally faster than buses, n more likely to be on time - no traffic

nys-j

HSC
umm to QUT i think its ok, however, parking costs a fortune per semester (if you GET it that is) but they hav a little specified drop off zone, so if some1s driving u i guess its not that bad. I wouldnt like to be driving to work or anything tho - too many traffif lights :p drive 500m, wait 2 minutes. Plus the issue of parking again.

ranga29

HSC
My dad is a train guard and you should see the shit he has to put up with...he doesnt get paid enough to put up with what he does...my step mum who also works on the train gets spat on...beaten with metal poles and everything...and if people didnt grafitti the trains and vandilise the toilets we would have more resourses...and if they didnt have to pay to get rid of grafitti and fix vandilism they would have more money to get better trains and work or timetables and stuff like that....so it is actually all the dead shits out there that graffitti and shit that are affecting the way our trains run!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
wow fire up m'lady. firstly, i don't see the point of the train guards. more often than not, i see them just guarding the exits of the train stations. what's the point of the station staffs if we get 5 people just standing in the way at the manual gates? or i'll see them standing in a peak hour train, taxing a ride along with the commuters and not doing much.

i'd rather they patrol the stations rather than standing still and wait for stuff to happen.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Train guards are important.

Whenever I'm coming home from work later in the evening (particularly during the winter) I thank Cityrail so much for having train guards. Being a alone white female at night doesn't bode well on trains. I had one guard let the train stay at a platform for a little longer whilst I changed carriages to get away from weirdos.

TwoNiner

HSC
wuddie said:
i don't see the point of the train guards. more often than not, i see them just guarding the exits of the train stations.
Obviously you don't know what a Train GUARD is.

They are train crew, not station staff as you suggest. They have an important duty to ensure that trains depart stations on time and that everyone gets on and off the train safely, as well as the duties of dealing with customers in the form of announcements etc...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i have to say that even when trains stuff up on you they usually make quite an ok effort to accomodate you. my train this morning got cancelled for some reason and they sent over a bus in like 20 mins that took us all to riverstone to catch the train so we werent stranded. and i was still early for uni. pleasantly surprised :)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i have to say that even when trains stuff up on you they usually make quite an ok effort to accomodate you. my train this morning got cancelled for some reason and they sent over a bus in like 20 mins that took us all to riverstone to catch the train so we werent stranded. and i was still early for uni. pleasantly surprised :)
Thumbs up to you. Obviously you woke up earlier and so you were better prepared for your day. :)

There's that and there's the bus. I remember one time there was trackwork on the Central Coast line and there were lots and lots of us stranded at Cowan (I think). To our delight, a minibus came by and stopped and it was going to Hornsby. How nice. A minibus replacing a 4-carriage train on a Sunday afternoon.

ranga29

HSC
wuddie said:
wow fire up m'lady. firstly, i don't see the point of the train guards. more often than not, i see them just guarding the exits of the train stations. what's the point of the station staffs if we get 5 people just standing in the way at the manual gates? or i'll see them standing in a peak hour train, taxing a ride along with the commuters and not doing much.

i'd rather they patrol the stations rather than standing still and wait for stuff to happen.
i think you are talking about transits...guards are actually on the train...most of the time on the back...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)