CityRail - still training Sydney? (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
wuddie said:
so is there anything at all which the cityrail can do to improve? Nebuchanezzar you seem to think cityrail is perfect and every fault on the train can be fixed if someone moved out of their way to avoid the problem. surely cityrail can do more to fix their problems.
I don't seem to think that, and as such I'm rather perplexed as to where an individual might have picked up such a bombastically incorrect idea. Yes, there are many things Cityrail could do to improve. Putting air conditioners in all trains within a very short period of time, putting toilets in all trains, hiring absurd amounts of ultimately useless security staff to curb an almost non existent amount of public urination aren't ideas that will lead to any improvement. The State Government on the other hand, has a few good ideas. They realise that before any extensions can be made, a highly developed and highly complex rail network needs to be unravelled a bit, and it's called Clearways. They realise that improvements to rolling stock can only be made incrementally, as such new carriages are being added to our lines pretty damn often. They realise that it's ludicrous to listen to complaints about a train being five minutes late, because people who make those complaints are impatient douchebags who are going to waste more time stuck in traffic lights on the way home.

So yeah, I think our train system could be a lot worse. I've not really seen too many problems. Sometimes it gets a little hot, a little intimate on the train ride home but it's bearable and certainly not something to create a fuss over. I mean, I'd much rather reliable, overcrowded trains than unreliable, underserviced, undercrowded trains. Also, sometimes it's a little hot, so I drink a bottle of water. One time a guy sitting a few seats behind me smelled like vomit and took off his shoes to exacerbate the stench, so I switched carriages. I guess my attitude towards it all, is that there's still more to be done, but they're heading in the right direction. In addition to that, people suck.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
absolutely. my biggest gripes abut public transport is stinky carriages, and thats not really shittyrails fault, more so the stinky hobos who catch it.

Who really uses train toilets anyway? ewwww.

Although scary bunny, SYDNEY trains may be usually only 5-10 min lates, but if you are travelling on different lines this is not so. Its not uncommon for me to be stuck at warabrook for a good 40-50 mins waiting for a train that is majroly late, thus then missing my connecting train to get back to the central coast and have to wait ANOTHER hour or so at hamilton. Days like that are the reasons people hate city rail.
If you are b usting - might as well use it.

Or Piss in a bottle or something...

What was gay was they removed all the bins from the platforms - it was like ehh so where do I put my rubbish - k just leave it on the train.

Then now they got the bins back - I mean like WTF.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
_dhj_ said:
How can you even expect toilets on suburban trains though? They're not meant to be cruise liners.
I was talking about intercity trains that close off the toilets. I don't expect suburban trains to have toilets, but I expect intercity to.

I was also pleased to see that people on BOS have the time to stop and think about human dignity, and not be in a self-centred "if I can" mindset.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
HotShot said:
Then now they got the bins back - I mean like WTF.
Since when were the bins back? I always end up putting my donut king slurpy cup in my bag!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Since when were the bins back? I always end up putting my donut king slurpy cup in my bag!
only some stations have bins...mine does, but im pretty sure only smaller stations in general have them. my station is a piddly one-platform affair on the end of the line and im pretty sure noone would think to do anything terrorist-like to it...but bigger stations still dont have them. i really wish redfern would get some.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
bshadrian said:
cityrail should aspire to be half as good as hong kongs rail system, it owns
My dad talks about the Hong Kong rail system implementing changes things that we're only seeing now in Sydney...
...but he saw them in HK back in the 1980s! How (more importantly, why) does it take 25 years to implement technology and policy that has been tried, proven, and successfully implemented elsewhere?

Have heard in Japan they make public announcements apologising when trains are less than a minute late.
In Sydney, we just change the timetable.

...grr.

bshadrian

HSC
yeah definately i was in hk for al ittle while this year, and althought i admit the rail network is much more condensed as opposed to how far australia's stretches, it is far more efficient taking a train everyday for 5 days or so we never once had a late train, and even if it was the next train came in the next 5 minutes anyway its so efficient i was suprised and the state of its cleaniness is amazing to. Not saying that i oppose graffiti but there was none there which was definately a change

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That's probably because they mur...exectute anyone who dares graffitotag public property.

To be fair, it's a little much to be comparing Hong Kong's metro system with our suburban city rail system. They're completely different, planned over different stretches of time, covering different areas etc etc etc.

bshadrian

HSC
well like i said you cant compare but none the less cityrail should aspire to be half as good as hong kongs rail system.

what were you saying about graffiti?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha hes saying that maybe the severe punishment on tagging is enough to deter graffiti artists into vandalising public property

HK's rail system is one of the best in the world...but Sydney's rail system is probably one of the most complex in the world, so both cant be comparable
However, since Sydney's train system is struggling, Cityrail should implement strategies on how to run this train system to an acceptable level, and although so far for me no trains are running late, then i guess thats a start

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
jemsta said:
However, since Sydney's train system is struggling, Cityrail should implement strategies on how to run this train system to an acceptable level, and although so far for me no trains are running late, then i guess thats a start
For starters, they should get rid of the confusing stopping pattern on the East Hills Line.

Like theres a million stopping pattens.

Holsworthy - East Hills - Revesby - Beverly Hills - Sydenham - Redfern - Central
Holsworthy - East Hills - Padstow - Riverwood - Wolli Creek...
Holsworthy - East Hills - Padstow - Riverwood - Kingsgrove - Wolli Creek ...
Holsworthy - Padstow - Riverwood - Kingsgrove ... Wolli Creek...
Holsworthy - Kingsgrove - Wolli Creek ...

So many different stopping patterns. They should simplify it a bit more. Thats what's needed in CityRail...simplicity...they need to get the basics right first.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
but you cant change the fact the the whole network is complex....and you have to have millions of stop combinations on almost every line (except carlingford), to cater for passengers, but i guess you just have to bear with it until you find a better solution

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
MuffinMan said:
For starters, they should get rid of the confusing stopping pattern on the East Hills Line.

Like theres a million stopping pattens.

Holsworthy - East Hills - Revesby - Beverly Hills - Sydenham - Redfern - Central
Holsworthy - East Hills - Padstow - Riverwood - Wolli Creek...
Holsworthy - East Hills - Padstow - Riverwood - Kingsgrove - Wolli Creek ...
Holsworthy - Padstow - Riverwood - Kingsgrove ... Wolli Creek...
Holsworthy - Kingsgrove - Wolli Creek ...

So many different stopping patterns. They should simplify it a bit more. Thats what's needed in CityRail...simplicity...they need to get the basics right first.
The fuck? There's like...four patterns

Campbelltown-Central (via Redfern)
Campbelltown-Central (via airport)
East Hills-Central (via Airport)
Campbelltown-Central (via Airport express)

It's not that hard to work out. 'Tard.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i was on a early morning (3am) train to the city one day. it was a millenium train with about a grand total of no more than 50 on the train.

i was on the waterfall - bondi junction train yesterday morning about 8. they had an 8 carriage millenium train with about 20 people in each carriage.

the thing is, if they're saying the millenium trains are so costly to run, shouldn't they use them more wisely in the more needy areas and times?

just maybe... you know... it will take a genius to work it out.

bshadrian

HSC
yeah and for westline there are like hardly any millenium's that roll by, and during peak hour they need to introduce more trains fuck

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
The fuck? There's like...four patterns

Campbelltown-Central (via Redfern)
Campbelltown-Central (via airport)
East Hills-Central (via Airport)
Campbelltown-Central (via Airport express)

It's not that hard to work out. 'Tard.
Eh the route is the same but the stopping patterns are different, why is that so hard to work out?

Collin

HSC
N/A
bshadrian said:
Not saying that i oppose graffiti but there was none there which was definately a change
I do. They waste tax-payer money and damage public properly with their ugly 'art'.

Nebuchanezzar said:
That's probably because they mur...exectute anyone who dares graffitotag public property.
Now if only that was true..

... so I could wish they'd introduce the policy here.

bshadrian

HSC
Collin said:
I do. They waste tax-payer money and damage public properly with their ugly 'art'.

Now if only that was true..

... so I could wish they'd introduce the policy here.
the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

So your statement of graffiti being an ugly Art would be hypocritical. Does it affect you personally so much that your life changes? if not then stop bitching and get used to it cause no matter how much you hate it your going to see it everyday and everywhere that you go. You'll get every train on cityrail running on time just one day before you erase graffiti.

Collin

HSC
N/A
bshadrian said:
the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.
Yes, so you can copy and paste from an online dictionary. Astounding.

bshadrian said:
So your statement of graffiti being an ugly Art would be hypocritical. Does it affect you personally so much that your life changes?
Why would it be hypocritical? Wrong choice of word, kid.

Yes, it affects me personally because I'm a tax-payer and because I have to put up with seeing this shit on places like trains. Thankfully I live in an area of Sydney where such crap isn't as rampant.

Does it affect me so much that my life changes? No, and there was nothing to suggest it did. Over-reactive inference by you there.

bshadrian said:
if not then stop bitching and get used to it cause no matter how much you hate it your going to see it everyday and everywhere that you go. You'll get every train on cityrail running on time just one day before you erase graffiti.
Actually, I don't see it everywhere I go. If I did, I'd care much more since I'd have to put up with it on a more frequent basis.

The point is, how about graffiti wankers find other ways to express their art other than illegally vandalising public properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)