CityRail - still training Sydney? (1 Viewer)

Redbeard

HSC
Most people complain about how the trains are always late, but for the last three weeks i had to catch a train almost every day. In those three weeks i found that only 1 train was late, and most others got there early, and then stayed until they were set to leave. Also on most of the trains i didn't see much grafitti. While most people are criticising cityrail, i actually believe that the trains are better.

Also many people blame Morris Iemma for how bad the trains are supposed to be, but in my opinion, its not his fault, its more likely to be cityrail that should be blamed, considering they run the trains. If you have to blame someone in the government, shouldn't it actually be the minister for transport, not the premier.

bshadrian

HSC
Collin said:
Yes, so you can copy and paste from an online dictionary. Astounding.

Why would it be hypocritical? Wrong choice of word, kid.

Yes, it affects me personally because I'm a tax-payer and because I have to put up with seeing this shit on places like trains. Thankfully I live in an area of Sydney where such crap isn't as rampant.

Does it affect me so much that my life changes? No, and there was nothing to suggest it did. Over-reactive inference by you there.

Actually, I don't see it everywhere I go. If I did, I'd care much more since I'd have to put up with it on a more frequent basis.

The point is, how about graffiti wankers find other ways to express their art other than illegally vandalising public properly.
im not claiming that its my definition yeah its from an online dictionary, and you really must be a bored shit to go online and look for it to check whether iused an online dictionary or not. Yeah go tell them that then its not going to stop it from happening, its something that you have no control over so bad luck

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I like graffiti, the good stuff anyway. Some of the "tags" and whatever going from Wolli Creek through to Redfern are quite intricate, and kinda hip in a faux-urban kinda way.

i was on a early morning (3am) train to the city one day. it was a millenium train with about a grand total of no more than 50 on the train.

i was on the waterfall - bondi junction train yesterday morning about 8. they had an 8 carriage millenium train with about 20 people in each carriage.

the thing is, if they're saying the millenium trains are so costly to run, shouldn't they use them more wisely in the more needy areas and times?

just maybe... you know... it will take a genius to work it out.
Trains need to run continously to get where they need to be, so naturally there are going to be some empty ones heading towards the city with no-one in them, getting ready to loop around and pick up the masses. I'm puzzled as to why there was no-one on your 8am thing, but that doesn't really seem to be a planning problem to me. After all, if I were running cityrail I would have thought 8am would be within peak hour.

Also, there's barely a difference between a Millenium train, a tangara or an old one anyway. They all hold the same amount of people, they all do the same job. Who cares? In fact, I hate Millenium trains, as the leg room is far too little.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
what does a millenium train look like, ive never been on one before.
edit: just googled it. doesnt look that much different from a tangara.

anyway: is there anyone here who actually does experience late trains on a regular basis? because, frankly, the trains i catch seem to run pretty much on time, or at least not more than 5 minutes late...yet people constantly go on about how late they are. whats the deal? is it just certain lines or something? the half-hour wait between trains gets a little annoying, but when they come, they come on time... anyone genuinely find that its different?

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bshadrian said:
im not claiming that its my definition yeah its from an online dictionary, and you really must be a bored shit to go online and look for it to check whether iused an online dictionary or not. Yeah go tell them that then its not going to stop it from happening, its something that you have no control over so bad luck
Says the person who looked up the definition of ugly on an online dictionary just to attempt to prove a point.

Doris, the fact is that everyone who complains aren't complaining or even complimenting Cityrail when over 95% of the time, their trains are on time.

Collin

HSC
N/A
bshadrian said:
Who said I checked? :rolleyes:
It was pretty obvious that was a cut & paste job - common sense, got any?

Anyway, you sound like a fucking pessimistic sod. Yes, I didn't say it was going to stop happening. Where did I say that? I said I HAVE A PROBLEM with it. Am I somehow not allowed to express the fact that I'm dissatisfied with hopeless kids illegally vandalising public properly?

You must be a weakling to advocate the stance of just ignoring something if there is no solution in sight. I guess we should not complain about other issues like world poverty either, since 'it's not going to stop it from happening'.

But that isn't being totally fair is it, since it's obvious we know why you're advocating such a stance here. Because chances are you're a graffiti 'artist' yourself (or perhaps some of your hopeless mates are), so of course you'd wanna censor anyone who objects.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
what does a millenium train look like, ive never been on one before.
edit: just googled it. doesnt look that much different from a tangara.

anyway: is there anyone here who actually does experience late trains on a regular basis? because, frankly, the trains i catch seem to run pretty much on time, or at least not more than 5 minutes late...yet people constantly go on about how late they are. whats the deal? is it just certain lines or something? the half-hour wait between trains gets a little annoying, but when they come, they come on time... anyone genuinely find that its different?
I think they're overrated. I hate the annoying voice they have prerecorded onto it. I guess the only thing that I like is the LCD screen.

Collin

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Says the person who looked up the definition of ugly on an online dictionary just to attempt to prove a point.
Hahahahah.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
^You sir, are a douchebag.

I love the ladies voice, but only in certain situations, like when she says the most random things.

"Good morning passengers"
"For your safety, surveilance cameras continually monitor this train"

MuffinMan

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I love the ladies voice, but only in certain situations, like when she says the most random things.

"Good morning passengers"
"For your safety, surveilance cameras continually monitor this train"
I find that very annoying.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
haha the voices on the trains...i love the 'doors closing' guy. he sounds like a reject host from The Price Is Right or something.
i hate the lady who announces the trains though eg "the train on platform 3 goes to bla bla" especially when a train terminates and she says it about 50 times. "the train on platform 12 terminates here, please do not board this train" x 50000 ...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Ah yes. The nuances of the cityrail system, how I enjoy them. Perhaps this ought to be moved out of news and current affairs though. No?

Personally, I think the lady announcer makes things sound kinda sexy. Who else can make Campbelltown have that sort of appeal?

MuffinMan

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Ah yes. The nuances of the cityrail system, how I enjoy them. Perhaps this ought to be moved out of news and current affairs though. No?

Personally, I think the lady announcer makes things sound kinda sexy. Who else can make Campbelltown have that sort of appeal?
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In no way is "she", if it is even a she, personally I think it is a machine, sexy.
And Campbelltown isn't all that bad, I go there every week.

bshadrian

HSC
millenium trains are better than tangaras just cause they look better and they have cameras so you feel maybe an added sense of security.

the ridgies are really bad cause the seats are unequal sink in and ive seen reports of one seat being extracted and stuff like sperm, rat shit and condoms being found inside.

THe Express trains are probably the best they have the best air conditioning system.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Skittled said:
My dad talks about the Hong Kong rail system implementing changes things that we're only seeing now in Sydney...
...but he saw them in HK back in the 1980s! How (more importantly, why) does it take 25 years to implement technology and policy that has been tried, proven, and successfully implemented elsewhere?

Have heard in Japan they make public announcements apologising when trains are less than a minute late.
In Sydney, we just change the timetable.

...grr.

Especially since a fair few components of the HK railway system (especially their ticketing) WERE DESIGNED BY AN AUSTRALIAN.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
bshadrian said:
millenium trains are better than tangaras just cause they look better and they have cameras so you feel maybe an added sense of security.

the ridgies are really bad cause the seats are unequal sink in and ive seen reports of one seat being extracted and stuff like sperm, rat shit and condoms being found inside.

THe Express trains are probably the best they have the best air conditioning system.
yeah id have to agree....intercity trains are probably the best to travel on..which is why when i catch a train to uni, i make sure theres one which arrives within 5 mins, so it just takes me straight to uni without any stops along the way

bshadrian

HSC
Kwayera said:
Especially since a fair few components of the HK railway system (especially their ticketing) WERE DESIGNED BY AN AUSTRALIAN.
Well at the end of the day we have a far less efficient rail system

MuffinMan

HSC
Damn, the Campbelltown train was late by like 15 minutes today, disappointing. Consequently, I missed my bus down to Wollongong lol, so I had to ditch uni today. lucky I didn't have anything important, otherwise I would have been fucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)