class of 06. Post ur university prefrences (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Just filled my thing out.
At the end, next to "School", mine was empty :confused:
Guess our principal hasnt forwarded our name sheets off yet, because I had no option to enter my school name. Otherwise I'll call em up later.
Anyways

1 511207 Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) at University of Sydney [98.05]
2 609300 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) and Int Stds at University of Technology, Sydney [97.75]
3 608030 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) at University of Technology, Sydney [94.60]
4 426000 Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications)/ Bachelor of Law at UNSW [99.20]
5 511222 Bachelor of Liberal Studies (International) at University of Sydney [98.65]
6 429013 Bachelor of Science (Advanced Science) at UNSW [88.00]
7 608040 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media Arts & Production) at University of Technology, Sydney [92.90]
8 300529 Bachelor of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics at Macquarie University [78.35]
9 429017 Bachelor of Aviation (Management) at UNSW [74.80]

If you question my order, my answer is that I'm reliant on the unpredictaility on the availability of EAS places. I may have a better chance of getting into Combined Law at UNSW than my first pref due to the high number of EAS applicants who may do better than me, whearas Combined Law may have none.

"Chubby"

HSC
wow..all u guys put high uai courses.....

my higgest uai course im going to put is 78.00 lol

phrred

HSC
Trebla said:
1. Bachelor of Science (Advanced) USYD (96.40)
2. Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) USYD (98.80)
3. Bachelor of Pharmacy USYD (95.95 + Minimum 150/200 for STAT)
4. Bachelor of Science USYD (83.00)
5. Bachelor of Science (Advanced Science) UNSW (88.00)
6. Bachelor of Science UNSW (73.00)

NB: Positions 4-6 are only there to take up space :D (and as a backup if I bomb out in the HSC which I think is unlikely but nonetheless possible)...lol
I'm hoping to get some USYD Scholarships and get into TSP...
Haha, I love science and mathematics.....yes....how typically asian of me....yet paradoxically, I'm doing better at English than I am at Mathematics Extension 1 and Chemistry...:p
I did consider doing Medicine at the beginning of the year, but I considered it to be too stressful and demanding. I wasn't super interested in Medicine anyway, so no point in doing it since the selection process supposedly filters out people like me....lol
why are you so set on doing maths at USYD?
UNSW maths is better than USYD u know?

=candii=

HSC
bobness said:
yeah you can change preferences for late round offers, but can you add new preferences? i don't think so ...

but if you can then thats awesome. i could just send in my preferences now even if its all bs .. and procrastinate the order over the summer hols
lol yeh like WithoutWings said. i was kinda confused about that too. my career advisor's advice was to just close your eyes/play ini mini myni mo (ahah cant spell it :p) and pik anything for the sake of filling in the spaces by 29 sept. coz you can change them after that anyway :)

My preferences:
UNSW - B Commerce - 93.00
USYD - B Commerce - 93.40
USYD - B Economics - 90.65
UNSW - B Economics - 85.00
UTS - B Business - 89.05
MACQ - B Commerce - Accounting - 86.3
MACQ - B Commerce - 85.00

btw i dont think they are in order yet lol
hmm....i wasnt sure what the difference between the two macq courses were but i put em in anyway to fill up spacee
can you tell i really want to do commerce? :eek:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
phrred said:
why are you so set on doing maths at USYD?
UNSW maths is better than USYD u know?
From past HSC and university students, I heard it's the other way around. They said that USYD is good for Law, Maths and Sciences, whereas UNSW is good for Medicine, Economics and Business. Also, I don't think UNSW offers a TSP or an SSP. I'll see for myself at the UNSW open day......

HSC
=candii= said:
lol yeh like WithoutWings said. i was kinda confused about that too. my career advisor's advice was to just close your eyes/play ini mini myni mo (ahah cant spell it :p) and pik anything for the sake of filling in the spaces by 29 sept. coz you can change them after that anyway :)

My preferences:
UNSW - B Commerce - 93.00
USYD - B Commerce - 93.40
USYD - B Economics - 90.65
UNSW - B Economics - 85.00
UTS - B Business - 89.05
MACQ - B Commerce - Accounting - 86.3
MACQ - B Commerce - 85.00

btw i dont think they are in order yet lol
hmm....i wasnt sure what the difference between the two macq courses were but i put em in anyway to fill up spacee
can you tell i really want to do commerce? :eek:

Candice???

man all your subject.. i WANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT esp. MACQ - B Commerce - Accounting - 86.3 * YUMMIII *

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
My top preferences, as they'll probably pan out:

USYD Arts/Law - 99.55
USYD Arts (Languages) - 98.15
USYD Arts - 83.00

I'll probably end up putting others from UNSW and MACQ in as backups (although I doubt that I'd get below 83ish for Sydney Arts). Sydney because its Arts faculty offers far more choice in the fields I'm interested in.

=candii=

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
Candice???

man all your subject.. i WANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT esp. MACQ - B Commerce - Accounting - 86.3 * YUMMIII *
lol ahah no sorry im not candice
but yay your commerce obsessed toooo? :) *high five*

ice ken

HSC
Bachelor of Medicine/ Bachelor of Surgery-The University of Adelaide-ter 90+
Bachelor of Dental Surgery-The University of Adelaide-ter 90+
Bachelor of Pharmacy-University of South Australia, City East Campus- ter 98.70
Bachelor of Oral Health-The University of Adelaide- ter 70+
Bachelor of Medical Radiation (Diagnostic Radiography)- University of South Australia, City East Campus- ter 97.50
Bachelor of Medical Radiation (Nuclear Medicine)- University of South Australia, City East Campus- ter 97.40

Raginsheep

HSC
Trebla said:
From past HSC and university students, I heard it's the other way around. They said that USYD is good for Law, Maths and Sciences, whereas UNSW is good for Medicine, Economics and Business. Also, I don't think UNSW offers a TSP or an SSP. I'll see for myself at the UNSW open day......
Ask Seraphim who seems pretty knowledgable on this or Acmilan who transfered from USyd to UNSW. From what I remember, 1st year linear algebra at Usyd is not as comprehensive compared to UNSW while stats is much better at Usyd. Also, I think the maths department at UNSW is better ranked internationally but that doesn't really mean much for undergrads.

Mystirica

HSC
Not in order

UNSW

B Psychology - UAI: 96.05 (4 yrs FT)
B Aviation (flying) - UAI: U+C (3yrs FT)

Macquarie Uni

B Psychology (Honours) - UAI 94.05 (4yrs FT)

USYD

B Liberal Studies - UAI: 85.75 (4 yrs)
B Liberal Studies (international) - UAI: 98.65 (4yrs)
B Science (Advanced Mathematics) - UAI: 98.80 (3 yrs)
B Science - UAI: 83.00 (3 yrs)
B Psychology - UAI: 96.80 (4yrs)

UTS

B Arts in Communiation (Journalism) - UAI: 94.60 (3 yrs)

i know this is random but haha, did anyone else get offered a box of silk worms at the sydney uni open day? they were offering it at the eastern avenue auditorium. i'm looking at mine now. they're so cute! and they're finally eating the lettuce i offered them since their mulberry leaves have been devoured. oh, i could watch them all day...

bitchy girl

HSC
N/A
1. B. Medical Science, UAI 85.2 – UTS/City CSP 607050
2. B. Medical Science, UAI 85 – New South/Kensington CSP 429700
3. B. Science, UAI 83 – Sydney/Camperdown CSP 512040
4. B. Medical Science, UAI 80.15 – Macquarie/North Ryde CSP 300518
5. B. Science, UAI 76.9 – UTS/City CSP 607011
6. B. Science, UAI 75.55 – Macquarie/North Ryde CSP 300517
7. B. Science, UAI 73 – New South/Kensington CSP 429000
8. B. Medical Science, UAI 66.2 – Western Sydney/ Campbeltown CSP 706525
9. B. Science, UAI 60 – Western Sydney/Parramatta CSP 706350

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Utsuts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Utsuts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Utsuts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Utsuts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Utsuts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Utsuts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Utsuts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Utsuts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Utsuts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts Uts

phrred

HSC
Trebla said:
Much depends on the field of study for much of those subjects. USYD generally has a more recognised medical faculty. UNSW n USYD have different strengths in the sciences, same can be said in law (UNSW- social justice)

And for maths, they had Gavin Brown for about 20 yrs and Terrence Tao as a visiting professor
http://www.sciencewatch.com/may-june2002/sw_may-june2002_page2.htm

http://www.maths.unsw.edu.au/highschool/unsw/highwhyunsw.html

read that if ranks mean anything to you

Last edited:
HSC
=candii= said:
lol ahah no sorry im not candice
but yay your commerce obsessed toooo? :) *high five*

Oh ..... haha .. they sound exactly like my friends prefecnes.. excpet she got into PWC... * drooooooooooooooools *

:)

Accounting ... <33333333333333333333

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
unsw rock at maths, but for an overall science its pretty dodgy stuff. for instance, in my science degree i can do mainly maths and fill the rest with crap like philosophy. no chem. no phys. no bio. not that im complaining.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
blackfriday said:
for instance, in my science degree i can do mainly maths and fill the rest with crap like philosophy. no chem. no phys. no bio. not that im complaining.
O.O

That...kinda sounds bad. I actually wanna do the applied sciences >.<

=candii=

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
Oh ..... haha .. they sound exactly like my friends prefecnes.. excpet she got into PWC... * drooooooooooooooools *

:)

Accounting ... <33333333333333333333
LOL AHHAHA so did i! wow this is starting to get a bit freaky...:p
im still not candice though lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)