Class of 2012: Roll Call Ext 2 Eng (1 Viewer)

silentdreamer

HSC
hi there!
i'm planning to do a short story, haven't really thought about the plot yet though

Deep Blue

HSC
Hey, finally someone else who is doing 4 unit! I think I am either going to do critical or a short story, I've got a few idea for each. I'll probably use these holidays to throw around more ideas.

silentdreamer

HSC
how big is your cohort?
yeah, planning to use these holidays to brainstorm and look at some past works. i'm excited to start :)

Deep Blue

HSC
Only got three at my school doing it out of an ext class of six. Definitely ask your school if they have the writers showcase for you to read, they should have them.

silentdreamer

HSC
That's really cool, i kinda want a smaller class. We have 5 ext 1 classes and i'm not too sure how many ext 2 people we have, but i think it's around 20 at least. And yeah, i'm planning to, i hope they do.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I'm gonna do Ext maths. Can i join? :p (i betrayed you guys though as i dropped ext english)

silentdreamer

HSC
:O how could you?
haha sure you can join, this thread is pretty dead though

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Only got three at my school doing it out of an ext class of six. Definitely ask your school if they have the writers showcase for you to read, they should have them.
I read the Writer's Showcase and was -severely- disappointed. It's mostly just boring, nihilistic crud to me...

Deep Blue

HSC
I read the Writer's Showcase and was -severely- disappointed. It's mostly just boring, nihilistic crud to me...
I have only read the 2008 but I will admit I only really liked one of the stories. The thing is, it's hard to get a idea of what is expected and such when all the majors on this site are down and such. However, over the last year I've read about 300 short stories, so I'm not really worried about not having any ideas for structure and ideas. Still, I'm really excited, I started writing down loads of ideas yesterday.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
:O how could you?
haha sure you can join, this thread is pretty dead though
Too much post-colonialism and genre theory did it for me. :p

But nah, my school will probably be a hard and not let me take 13 units (think it's too much work doing ext english and ext 2 maths). Shame as it was the more intriguing and challenging of my subjects.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Too much post-colonialism and genre theory did it for me. :p

But nah, my school will probably be a hard and not let me take 13 units (think it's too much work doing ext english and ext 2 maths). Shame as it was the more intriguing and challenging of my subjects.
Ext English and MX2 is too much work? wat.

*looks at his subjects*

Deep Blue

HSC
I will probably do a CR. Thinking about 'taboos in literary texts and their intended effects; adaptation through time'.
That sounds like a good area to explore through a critical response. I'f I ended up doing a critical I would probably lean towards something to do with Australian texts or the short story as a contemporary medium, but I haven't come up with a definite thesis to explore. However, my ideas for creative are following.

silentdreamer

HSC
I will probably do a CR. Thinking about 'taboos in literary texts and their intended effects; adaptation through time'.
Oh that sounds awesome! I'd be really interested in reading it if you end up doing your major work on that. Do they really have a limit on the number of texts to use as close reference? I haven't heard that before, hmm.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Do they have a limit on the number of texts you use as close reference? Of course not.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Haha at my school they like people doing 12 or 13 units at start of Year 12 :p

Add me to the rollcall, I haven't started or decided any direction for the work yet though.

Yanoflies

HSC
-sign

'Short' story. 'bout human intimacy; still doing research/readings.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Just decided to write short story :)
Looking forward to getting ideas on paper

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)