Classes Before and After School?? (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Tuesday Morning (7:10am): 4U Math
Wednesday Morning (7:10am): 3U Math
Wednesday Afternoon (2:05pm): 4U Math (On sport day...WTF).
Thursday Morning (7:10am): 3U Math (Every fortnight that is).

:mad1: Bs timetable...

HSC
What our school did was have every day start at 7:30 and on Tuesdays have all the extension classes + hospo so some people don't go to school on Tuesdays at all. You get used to 7:30 starts after a while..

the.RAVER

HSC
Nah I don't, although I wouldn't mind it for something like IPT, business or legal studies. Maybe even english?? I HATE NOT HAVING MY P's... :( Then I could drive. :)

Lukybear

HSC
Yea, ive turned down tech. Im taking 6units of science, so you can guess why.

Do teachers get paid for teaching outside school time?

Also, do any of yous, have extra class, when your timetable is not in conflict? Ie the teacher is extremely dedicated??

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Yea, ive turned down tech. Im taking 6units of science, so you can guess why.

Do teachers get paid for teaching outside school time?

Also, do any of yous, have extra class, when your timetable is not in conflict? Ie the teacher is extremely dedicated??
I know teachers at my school don't. However they get compensated with like free periods and less supervision duties during the day.

Also yeah - we do have extra classes when it's not in conflict. Like for accelerated maths last year - we had extra lunch lessons, so we could cover the content.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I had some last year - most of my History Extension lessons would start at 7am and some would end at 4pm. My 4U classes were usually afternoon classes (even lunches and holidays) due to no more spaces on the timetable - our school enforced students to do 12 units.

overRun

HSC
Yes i do have classes before and after school.

ext 2 before and after school

Thanks for asking...

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
They do all my extension classes after school, some extension 1 maths and english.

They couldnt fit the extension classes on the normal timetable for some reason? And because of classe sizes (only 3 and 4).

Lukybear

HSC
Also yeah - we do have extra classes when it's not in conflict. Like for accelerated maths last year - we had extra lunch lessons, so we could cover the content.
No but thats different. You gota cover a certain amount of hours during accl, and i supposed the classes you had for accl were compulsory.

I heard of some schools, like teachers offering just extra classes ontop of the assumed hours (120 i think) just to help the students out. That must take some dedication.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
dude, 120 hours is the bare minimum i'm sure most schools do quite a few hours more

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
dude, 120 hours is the bare minimum i'm sure most schools do quite a few hours more
yeah
for example my school has 56 minute lessons
4x0*56'00" = 3*44'0" a week
3*44'00" x say 44 weeks (not sure of the exact weeks) = 164*16'00" hrs for a subject for the year

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Our school does MX2 and EE2 after school on thursdays for around 2 hrs, but school technically finishes at 1:10pm for us on thursdays, unless we have tutorials, in which case we all have to stay in an extra 2 hrs.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
3u maths during sport.

2x 7:30am's a week for 4u maths.

2x until 4:30pm's a week for german extension.

i dont mind the arvos, its just the mornings that i hate :mad1:

cole-

HSC
N/A
Extension 2 english and drama in the morning
get that blood flowing

im not complaining it gives me extra free's :D

0hNivlek

HSC
We have Senior Science going on in the mornings. All extension subjects run perfectly in the timetable. I have just been told i have Society & Culture tutorials every morning morning from 7:50 now D:!

KarenCn

HSC
a morning class is enough reason for me NOT to do it lol
750 is crazy early

HSC
N/A
Hey Lukybear, have you turned down Tech?
because the only subjects we have that are outside of school will be in yr 12 only and they are 4u maths, extension eng and ext history i guess.
yeh 4u maths is before school, unlike ext eng and hist which is after school
quarter to eight start but its not bad considering i can drive to school now :)

Freckles14

HSC
This year I've squished almost all my extension classes into my free periods, so no more after-school classes :) but on the other hand, 6 zero periods a fortnight with only three in-school frees.

Still, I get to leave school at lunch or the end of fifth period six days a fortnight though :) and start late once a fortnight

MrDimple

HSC
my school is great with after schools, teachers willing to help on Wednesday and thursday afternoons with any subject within the school. On saturday there is tutorial or catch up lessons for any subject with free breakfast, i only take advantage of saturday because my mind tends to wander more in the afternoon at school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)