Cleaning inside the computer tower (1 Viewer)

hero.

HSC
N/A
Is there a place in Sydney that is devoted to cleaning inside computer towers or do computer shops offer to do that as well?

Got heaps of dust accumulating in the computer tower and want to get rid of it.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
How about you do it yourself you lazy twat. :(

Like, gosh, it probably wasn't the best idea ever but I just took off the side, plugged in a hairdryer, set it to 'cool' and blew the hell out of every component. Now it's sparklingly clear. :D

hero.

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
How about you do it yourself you lazy twat. :(

Like, gosh, it probably wasn't the best idea ever but I just took off the side, plugged in a hairdryer, set it to 'cool' and blew the hell out of every component. Now it's sparklingly clear. :D
Does your computer still work?

Apparently you have to use compressed air but even with that Im just afraid i might do something wrong and and screw up the computer.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Well air is air imo. As long as I wasn't blowing cordial in there I was pretty sure nothing bad would happen, since it's the same air that goes through my intake fan anyway.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
i have a little brush from asus which cleans the inside of my pc.. doesnt damage any of the circuits on any of the devices and cleans thoroughly..

hero.

HSC
N/A
icraig88 said:
i have a little brush from asus which cleans the inside of my pc.. doesnt damage any of the circuits on any of the devices and cleans thoroughly..
is the brush called something? i wish to purchase a brush like that

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
I take my computer to a mechanics shop, and use the compressed air sprayer they use, i spray once and the dust is gone (very good for cleaning out the fans).

vizman

HSC
hero. said:
Is there a place in Sydney that is devoted to cleaning inside computer towers or do computer shops offer to do that as well?

you can purchase cans of compressed air from places like dick smith that do the job :D

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
is there a possible reason to not use a hairdryer?
not really.

i use my vacuum cleaner. although; i'd probably need to get some compressed air to clean it otu properly.

computer is attracting a lot of dust atm. =/

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I just use a vacuum cleaner with a narrow nozzle. All that air passing over the plastic builds up static, but nothing to be worried about really.

Hairdryer on cool is fine imo.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
hero. said:
is the brush called something? i wish to purchase a brush like that
it was a promotional thing i got at sgl a few years ago, i'll have a look for it and see it its called anything..

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
hero. said:

Wtf kind of question is that?

how specialized do you need your businesses to be? just do it yourself its easy as all shit. My dad has this thing thats like a mini vacum cleaner thats designed to clean out computer cases but thats just cause he works with computers [prolly stole it from work imo] just use a can of compressed air, or a paper towel. Bam! everything is clean.

hero.

HSC
N/A
Serius said:
Wtf kind of question is that?

how specialized do you need your businesses to be? just do it yourself its easy as all shit. My dad has this thing thats like a mini vacum cleaner thats designed to clean out computer cases but thats just cause he works with computers [prolly stole it from work imo] just use a can of compressed air, or a paper towel. Bam! everything is clean.
I just dont want to destroy anything inside and fork out another thousand dollars for a computer.

HSC
hero. said:
I just dont want to destroy anything inside and fork out another thousand dollars for a computer.
Don't worry, a computer's insides aren't very delicate. It's just plastic and metal and a few hanging wires. A vacuum cleaner / hairdryer is perfectly safe to use.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I think everyone's a bit afraid to fiddle with the inside of their computer at first in case they damage something but the chance is mostly pretty slim. Just watch what you're doing. In any case, you shouldn't have your elbow wedged between the video card and CPU fan when you're blowdrying the inside of the case so not much can really happen.

If you're really concerned about static, buy one of those antistatic bands, or better yet plug in a spare PSU (don't turn the power point on) and touch it regularly when fiddling about. Because it's earthed, all the static goes into the spare PSU leaving you do prod your components at will! :D - at least that's what PC Powerplay told me a few years back. :rofl:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
or you can just touch your case if it's metal which discharges all of the statici nur hands. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)