clothing at univeristy (1 Viewer)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
lol its like high school choosing what to wear to a mufti day (did anyone ever have teachers dress up in the uniform for a day.. lol)
yeah my school's english head teacher wore her uniform on a mufti day! :rolleyes:

Ribbon

Originally posted by cro_angel
lol its like high school choosing what to wear to a mufti day (did anyone ever have teachers dress up in the uniform for a day.. lol)
wear what you are comfortable in and is appropriate for the weather.. even if it doesnt match you may create a new trend
some of the teachers at my school (well not my school anymore...) wear like school jumpers ect. on any normal day! (not the really standout items like skirts ect. but shirts and jumpers with school emblems on them and blue/black pants)

Originally posted by ND
Hahahah. I'm not saying you have to dress only in designer labels or anything, it's just that it makes you look as if you have no clothes if you wear the same thing all the time. I'm sure even the un-suavest person has more than 7 tops, why not wear them?
What if you seriously do have no clothes though :rolleyes: do people hate you because you can't afford to stock up on clothes ontop of moving costs, textbooks, fees ect?

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jlh
hahaha.. its so funny to hear all you first years' worrying about what to wear. LOL

It is, isn't it! They're sorta of cute in a really pathetic way. LOL.

Anyway kiddies, let me just reassure you again: no one gives a flying fuck what you wear...(excluding the obvious exceptions mentioned like odour and the same shirt everyday).

I don't think I've ever been as non clothes-conscious as when I'm at uni.

Just wear the clothes u already have, make sure you give em a good wash. Maybe add an item or 2 that you're lacking if you think it's necessary and just relax folks. There's no need to get a whole new wardrobe. I mean if you can't be yourself at uni, you never will..

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Hehe, well I guess you should go for it then! :)

hatty

Banned
i wish all humans had to wear a single certain uniform to work, school, pretty much everywhere
much like Seinfelds suggestion
no more of that individuality and fashion crap
from now on we all wear the silver suit with the V badge and the boots
sounds good

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
that's cos alot of them are fake, and also international students, esp from asia, are bloody loaded!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by GoodToGo
I mean if you can't be yourself at uni, you never will..
sounds like fun!

and overseas not only are the clothes cheap, but some countried just in general make better and more stylish clothes. they are better dressed.

ND

HSC
Yeh, i bought two diesel jumpers from italy last year for 100 euro each, and back in australia i saw similar ones for $350 each!

ND

HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
yes, but Diesel is an italian company. It is hardly surprising.
Still, it's more than double the price here.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didn't know diesel was italian

but in general the italians have good clothes

ND

HSC
Your point, I baught my snowboard in Canada (made in the USA) and I paid about $600, and got it three months before coming out here for $1300. Its the same everywhere, manufactured goods are cheaper in the country of origin (with a few exceptions).
Yeh but i didn't think the difference was that great. (come to think of it, my dad payed about half the australian price for my [american made] guitar in america)

And shoes, and food, and snowboard and ski boots
And cars, and girls.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
(with a few exceptions).
Most notably, its cheaper for Germans, to buy a porsche sold in America and import it back to Germany, then it is to buy it in Germany. The fun of currency.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Its not actually a tax, its due to the strong euro/weak American dollar.

jaNetix

im in the process of buying a pair of old skool 80's nikes for $170...my justification is "but their for uni dad!"

i hope their a collectors item

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)