coffee (1 Viewer)

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
Do u people see 'meeting for coffee' as purely meeting for coffee or a line used for i want something a bit more?

krystalp

HSC
'meeting for coffee'....if they wanted more they'de take you ANYWHERE other than a coffee place.

tempco

HSC
uh, last time i checked, "meeting up for coffee" meant "meeting up for coffee".

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Meeting for coffee at a cafe or something is just coffee
"Would you like to come in for coffee" or similar (after a date) is wanting more.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
thats exactly what i thought, but other people have been saying meeting for coffee is just an excuse to take things further.... i dont even like coffee i just want my hot chocolate with marshmallows :D

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Meeting for coffee is what you make it. With my current s/o, when we first went for coffee, it was our first social outing as friends - a day after we met! We were sitting there for 3 hours and eventually got kicked out. But for both of us, we had a feeling that we'd be together eventually, and so it held a bit of an ulterior motive.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
kristylee_ said:
Do u people see 'meeting for coffee' as purely meeting for coffee or a line used for i want something a bit more?
umm...i believe it means lets catch up, as such

switchblade87

HSC
kristylee_ said:
It can mean whatever you like to imagine it means. :)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
If someone asked me to "meet for coffee" and I'd assume there would be actual coffee involved. I don't think it's code for "hey, let's go fuck".

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
"Meeting for coffee" could be just that.

Unless he's smirking, winking, and thrusting at you.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
"Hey girl, do you like cream in your coffee?"

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
what about "let's meet for coffee?" on three consecutive occasions?
Have you met for coffee on those three consecutive occasions? If so, what happened? If not, why not-was it him or you who called it off?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
meeting for coffee = border line situation....

u can either talk to that person for aggges and reorder another coffee or you can ditch them quickly if they are boring...

so think of it as the best way to get to know that person in a small amount of time

it's also good because it shows slight interst in you, though not tooo much... a good contrast would be *meeting for movies* which sorta makes into a semi-unoffical date... when a guy doesnt wanna give too much away, then meeting for coffee is the best..

so what should u do?.. meet up with him, if he and u can have good conversations then do something more intersting next time, if he turns out to be one liners and so boring, then yeah, finish ur coffee and go.. ahha :p have fun!

Loz#1 said:
If someone asked me to "meet for coffee" and I'd assume there would be actual coffee involved. I don't think it's code for "hey, let's go fuck".
hey loz!.. yeah if he wants a screw.. then he would prob say *lets go for a drink* ;)

niteshade1312 said:
what about "let's meet for coffee?" on three consecutive occasions?
because coffee is one of those situations where it causes minimal embarrasement and minimal awakardness, so if he keeps on asking you out for coffees then it could mean:

1. he is a really shy boy who cant seem to get enough gut to move to soemthing that's a lil bit more risky in terms of embarrasement or awkardness, or

2. he realli likes u as a friend and loves having coffee with you....

also be aware of the smooth ones... is he trying to get something outta you?... maybe notes cuz he hasnt done ani work or anithing else? .. so coffee might be a cover up for an alterier motive.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
kristylee_ said:
Either, depending on whether you see the girl as a friend or if you're trying to hit on her. Coffee could be innocent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)