• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
cj_bridle said:
finally they rang me yesterday for an interview at castle hill myer aswell.... hopefully i get through. in my online account it hasnt changed either :)
How the fuck is everyone getting a myers interview :confused: :confused:

cj_bridle

HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
^is that such a shocking thing?
cj bridle did you get the call from the store asking you, or from the recruitment officer?
i really want the call from the store.. i really want the damn job. so for the next couple of weeks i'll be awaiting a call for an interview.

stupid retail catch 22... i need this job!
i got the call from the recruitment officer.. and today the application has gone through the online thingy.. it has registered as that phase 3 thing in my account.. hopefully the store call is coming soon

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i wish i could get a call.. i guess im not available all days so it prob makes me less likely to get an offer.. oh well
i dont really need this job anyway lol
im still at the.. passed the group interview stage

Scanorama

HSC
I got an email from Coles Myer yesterday informed me I passed the group interview and they are allocating a store which suits my experience, availability etc. How long would that take?

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Gough Whitlam said:
I got an email from Coles Myer yesterday informed me I passed the group interview and they are allocating a store which suits my experience, availability etc. How long would that take?
I've been waiting almost 2 months for a place at Castle Hill Myer.

CJ_Bridle, how long ago did you apply for a job?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
i put in my application online on 28th July
Did the usual stuff
Now i got an interview October 9th (ELection day!) at Myer.
So yeah, sit tight...
In other words stop shitting yourself, there's still plenty of time to get a xmas job.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
well i applied on the 25th of June and had my group interview soon after....
and i only got the call from the recruitment officer on thursday (i think it was thursday anyway). Now i'm waiting for the store to call...

don't despair. Well actually i had given up and was looking around elsewhere but it turns out they're just very slow.

cj_bridle

HSC
Skywalker said:
I've been waiting almost 2 months for a place at Castle Hill Myer.

CJ_Bridle, how long ago did you apply for a job?
i applied about 2 and a half months ago.. got the group interview about a month ago.. now im like tomorrows_angel just waiting for the store to call for an interview time..

[edit] i think the group interview was about a month and a half ago now that i think about it.

Last edited:

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
wooot i got an sms today saying i got the job for city myer during the xmas rush :)!
now its onto the 6hrs of online induction...right now i dont care how long that is, i got the job! :D

laney

HSC
i was apparently down for my second interview tomorrow, NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE, they NEVER confirmed this with me. So they give me a call to confirm this interview i know nothing about, i complain and say i can't make it because of uni, meanwhile the guy is getting really shitty. I told them other times i was available for interviewing and he was really shitty. Could have lost my chance....oh well.

chepas

HSC
Just came back from group interview at Myer Macquarie... Some of the people were so on their toes and going through it easily, it was quite scary.

The recruitment officer said he'd get back to us in about, with a cough-ahem "three weeks", and said he found it really horrible it could take that long. That's fine with me I thought :D...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol they sms these days, they're getting 'modern'

damn, and they couldn't remember they hadn't confirmed it? it's not your fault, they should understand people they hire go to uni and school

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
chepas said:
Just came back from group interview at Myer Macquarie... Some of the people were so on their toes and going through it easily, it was quite scary.

The recruitment officer said he'd get back to us in about, with a cough-ahem "three weeks", and said he found it really horrible it could take that long. That's fine with me I thought :D...
how long was your interview?
what kinda quesyions do they ask?

Scanorama

HSC
Some group interviews take place in the store. Mine took place at Myer Hurstville. Some of them also take place at Myer Miranda.

chepas

HSC
^^Yer, I think the Parra one was in an office, but at GBs Macquarie it was really small I thought, they did it in a little room in Personnel.

All that happened was, introduction, filled out application form, spiel about COles-Myer, 2 group activities (that seemed to be the big audition) where we just sat there and discussed two customer-servicey kind of problems, like how would you approach/respond to a customer who is walking around the store kind of theing, then more time to fill out the forms, then I think it was over. It took the full hour like they said though.

All I think was, be alert and alive and really participate! In the group one activities, even strive to be the first one to talk, so that you could get a word in edgeways. Hehe.

Also, maybe read up a bit on Coles-Myer first. The recruitment officer actually had an open floor question about "What we think CM is about?/What is in it?/What do you think it means?" etc, and there was one person who had so obviously done homework.. although how relevent to being successful it is, I don't know...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
With the Christmas Casuals jobs - after the christmas period does this mean you stop working? Do they just tell you to leave?

Or are you able to keep on working?

Also - what type of questions are asked at the group interview?

Oh and do we have to take the online test again at a later date?

cj_bridle

HSC
After the xmas period they keep on some people and not others.. so if u want to stay on u have to impress and work hard.

group interview asks senarios (customer relations related usually) that you respond to.

if u get offered a job you have to do an online induction (6 hours) but other than that there is no other 'online test'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)