• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
cj_bridle said:
After the xmas period they keep on some people and not others.. so if u want to stay on u have to impress and work hard.

group interview asks senarios (customer relations related usually) that you respond to.

if u get offered a job you have to do an online induction (6 hours) but other than that there is no other 'online test'
Thanks.

Would having hospitality knowledge (as l did it for a subject for my HSC) be beneficial? In Hospitality we are often given senarios and we have to say what we would do in the situation to please the customer etc.

cj_bridle

HSC
yes that would probably help a lot... there are a few suggestions in this thread.. but the main thing is to be confident and make sure you show them that you are keen and not shy... get in there first the answer the questions etc..

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
omg inductions suck arse.. the pay is good tho. I did a 4hr in-store induction then a 9hr induction over at chullora.. omfg BORING! i was lucky tho some of them went to an induction that was over 2 days... and they actually had to fill in the books n such...

Carlito

HSC
aww, i never got to do that online test or have the online induction.

inteloutside

I had my group interview on Monday. It was the worst party I've ever had. Most people were just crazy. It was more like a fish market. My GP members were talking like stockbrokers from wall street. Oh, My God...I was shocked by those idiots.

Dan

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
" You have been requested to attend a Group Interview Seasonal NSW ZB for your Christmas Recruitment Drive 2004 application.
Make a booking"

woot! Now I just need to check what time is appropriate for me..... all of them are on the 19th of October, and I choose the time...
what the hell is ZB?
is 19 fine with you? if it's colesmyer for me they changed the date every week that i logged in. that was ages ago though, if you wait a long time now maybe they'll close christmas recruitment.

cj_bridle

HSC
got my call for the store interview just then.. luckily i scheduled for after the modules exam on that afternoon.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
good luck guys! i didn't have the guts to book during the hsc but in hindsight it would have been fine, you have a lot of time to study anyway

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
I have no idea what ZB is.....
yeh 19th is fine for me... I have no exams that day, so I chose the earliest time to get the interview out of the way so I can spend the rest of the day studying for the second English exam :).
ZB is the code of your recruitment officer, i'm betting you got Zena Borg, same as me.

And i got the call yesterday for the store interview. Same as cj_bridle. on wednesday afternoon.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
argh................

i havent got a call for my 2nd interview.. yet

what shud i do,

what number to call..

plz help thx

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
ZB is the code of your recruitment officer, i'm betting you got Zena Borg, same as me.

And i got the call yesterday for the store interview. Same as cj_bridle. on wednesday afternoon.
so what do the recriutment officers do? i assume they look after certain people. do you call them for help?

cj_bridle

HSC
iambored said:
so what do the recriutment officers do? i assume they look after certain people. do you call them for help?
yeh they ring the applicants and organise times for interviews etc.. yeh you call them for help if you know their name you can just ask for them at human resources when u ring up i guess.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
ps -- once youre hired, you get no say in what department you want to work in - they just ask that for show :s

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
my 2nd interview was 3 wks ago and they havent called/emailed back, should i be worried

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
babydoll_ said:
my 2nd interview was 3 wks ago and they havent called/emailed back, should i be worried
call them

dsfsdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)