• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i received i missed call with no number?? whould it be from coles myer? omg i dunno wat to do now...

eviltama said:
Coles online rate for 20yrs = $18.13 (5pm-midnight shift)

^_^

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Skywalker said:
I know this question is possibly redundant as there are so many threads floating around, but does anyone know who/what number to call if you'd like to find out how your application is going?

I haven't received any correspondence from them after I "passed" the group interview 1 - 2 months ago.
Well I had not heard a thing for about 2 months (after the "hold" email) and then last week they called last week with a non-Xmas casual postion, which I rejected. They called again today with an Xmas postion @ Target which I accepted ...

As to the number, try: 1800 080 732 (from one of the older emails)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
McLake said:
Well I had not heard a thing for about 2 months (after the "hold" email) and then last week they called last week with a non-Xmas casual postion, which I rejected. They called again today with an Xmas postion @ Target which I accepted ...

As to the number, try: 1800 080 732 (from one of the older emails)
so you did get in!!! congrats, even if it's not grace bros you still got a job

Carlito

HSC
My store at the moment is having its own recruitment, where people come and collect an application form from a line manager, fill it in and return it with their resume.

I got in through the normal coles myer group interview stuff though ages ago.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
^^ what store?! they make things confusing when they do that, all are supposed to be through the central office and then some do it their own way

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
iambored said:
so you did get in!!! congrats, even if it's not grace bros you still got a job
Thank you. And yes, this is true.

I would also like to point out that they rang me 3 times for the 2nd position, so I think they may be in short supply of candidates. So be patient and you may get a call.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i just got a call from my recruitment officer asking if i were still interested.
so now she's going to put my details through to the store and i should get an interview. Hopefully.
she said this was phase three of recruitment - the last stage...

On the website there's a new notice for expressions of interest of work at diff stores, not myer though. things like target, liquorland etc.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
I also got a call from my recruitment officer and she offered me a 2 nd interview with a coles supermarket store, I gladly accepted ( but I am sorta dissapointed at the same time , becasue I wantted a job with myers , :( . Better than nothing I suppose.)

All I have to do now is wait for a phone call from the store

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
she offered me one at myers castle hill.
well offered m e an interview.
who is your recruitment officer timesplitter?

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Its not bad , the store is about ( or less than ) 500m away from my house. Thats the up side , lol.

I probably didnt fit the profile for a myers person.

When did you go for your interview

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
my group interview was at the start of july....
i've been waiting for a while, funny thing was i was going to email them this week.
and what is the profile of a myers person?
i really wanted a myer position.... i'm praying i get it now!
come on stupid store... call me!!! lol
hey, if you're in the same situation as me, e.g. timesplitter, and you go to the colesmyer website and sign in, does it say that a second application has been lodged for you? mine says it has for general sales - phase 3.

cj_bridle

HSC
finally they rang me yesterday for an interview at castle hill myer aswell.... hopefully i get through. in my online account it hasnt changed either :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
cj_bridle and tomorrows_angel will know each other :eek:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
^is that such a shocking thing?
cj bridle did you get the call from the store asking you, or from the recruitment officer?
i really want the call from the store.. i really want the damn job. so for the next couple of weeks i'll be awaiting a call for an interview.

stupid retail catch 22... i need this job!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
^ depends on what for... for colesmyer it was done online from june, you can't apply anymore, they've closed it.
but other stores are starting to advertise within stores and stuff now... i know esprit is (i think that was on the www.jobsearch.com.au site, but i'm not sure). Also over the next few weeks there will be more and more places looking. So all you do is go down to the local shopping centre handing out resumes everywhere you would like to work because pretty much every store needs extra staff over christmas!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
^ depends on what for... for colesmyer it was done online from june, you can't apply anymore, they've closed it.
but other stores are starting to advertise within stores and stuff now... i know esprit is (i think that was on the www.jobsearch.com.au site, but i'm not sure). Also over the next few weeks there will be more and more places looking. So all you do is go down to the local shopping centre handing out resumes everywhere you would like to work because pretty much every store needs extra staff over christmas!
thanks for the site, it's very good

did you search in careerone etc. for a job, or is there somewhere on the site for christmas jobs?

for others: i have been searching 'christmas' on the sites, i found esprit on seek

SPORTSGAL http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/...&ChannelID=1&SiteID=1&JobId=4002300&Keywords= i also came across that

Last edited:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
ummm i searched up any type of job, keyword christmas. You don't get many results... but that's how i found the esprit one. jobsearch, seek and careerone are all good to search on. Otherwise go to individual sites for companies, e.g. woolworths, colesmyer, goldmark etc... they have a careers or work section which has jobs available. The thing is that these aren't normally seasonal (just christmas) but casual, part time full time permanent positions. Jobsearch, seek and careerone are always updated with new jobs and things so just check regularly.
happy searching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)