Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

Seabiscuit

HSC
Panda Bear - Have you had your interview with Officeworks yet? And what have you been hired to do, are u going to be a checkout chick or shelf filler or for some other job? And also... do you know how much they pay an hour?

YellowSnowMan

HSC
hey i got past the group interview and someone from Coles Myer called me but i couldnt answer the phone since it was during class. She left me the number to call but whenever i tried to call her she would never pick up so i just left a message saying to call me back when she was available. that was about a few weeks ago and i havnt heard from them since. Is there a good time to call them when they might actually pick up the phone and reply?
it would be so much easier if they did this all through email. :(

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
YellowSnowMan said:
hey i got past the group interview and someone from Coles Myer called me but i couldnt answer the phone since it was during class. She left me the number to call but whenever i tried to call her she would never pick up so i just left a message saying to call me back when she was available. that was about a few weeks ago and i havnt heard from them since. Is there a good time to call them when they might actually pick up the phone and reply?
Call her during business hours.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
i started the work but the actual instore induction is on this sat...wat's tat gonna be like? a lot ppl doing together?

ohne

HSC
i went to an interview about 2 months ago and shortly after they sent me an email and said i had passed that stage

i was getting worried so i contacted them and they said my application has been sent to the manager of my local area and is being processed. do i still have a chance or is it too late for them to be taking anyone else on?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
YellowSnowMan said:
um, yeah try during your lunch or recess, they don't tend to ring back when you ring them, best you keep trying to get through

ohne said:
i went to an interview about 2 months ago and shortly after they sent me an email and said i had passed that stage

i was getting worried so i contacted them and they said my application has been sent to the manager of my local area and is being processed. do i still have a chance or is it too late for them to be taking anyone else on?
i think they may still be taking people on, it's good if they send the application to someone but maybe the shop already had enough people by that time

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
yeah they're still hiring - got a fone call today for a meeting thingy for myer at chatswood w/ the store manager or something like that....too bad i already got a job at virgin!!! (virgin rang me in the morning to tell me i got the job - then myer rang in the arvo!!)

waterfowl

HSC
Lou_86 said:
virgin rang me in the morning to tell me i got the job - then myer rang in the arvo!!
That seems to always happen...you get a phone call saying you've been accepted somewhere, then later that day you get a call from a place you applied to ages ago.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
ohne said:

well im like you

except, my interview took place last thursday.. i got the email this morning (monday) and 1 hour later i got the call from the recruitment officer saying that my details had been transferred to officeworks. she said the manager will phone up, so leave my phone on e.t.c.

hopefully the manager will phone... officeworks down at my place does seem pretty empty.. wouldn't hurt to have me on board :D

but i just think to myself... if the recruitment officer phoned me to tell me that.. i would imagine that *hopefully* i will get the job very fast *sigh*

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh so officeworks hasn't rang yet? i think they'll do it within the next week, if not call them. then the interview and then they should have you hired by the week after that i'd say

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
i started the work but the actual instore induction is on this sat...wat's tat gonna be like? a lot ppl doing together?
thats weird, i thought induction was b4 the starting of work

Panda Bear

HSC
iambored said:
oh so officeworks hasn't rang yet? i think they'll do it within the next week, if not call them. then the interview and then they should have you hired by the week after that i'd say
yeah i hope so too, coz it is afterall christmas time + let alone once school starts the stationary fetishes come in drones :p

i find "calling them" gives them an impression that im impatient, but then there's another side of the coin where if i don't i might never get the job.

i hope the manager calls me within the week :(

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Panda Bear said:
yeah i hope so too, coz it is afterall christmas time + let alone once school starts the stationary fetishes come in drones :p

i find "calling them" gives them an impression that im impatient, but then there's another side of the coin where if i don't i might never get the job.

i hope the manager calls me within the week :(
yea i hate that when that happens, but they are obliged to not give you any response about the job whatsoever

Seabiscuit

HSC
I got an email last wednesday morning about an interview at officeworks, and that afternoon i got a call from the manager at the store to come in for an interview.

But the job the offered me was to fill shelves... :S i always thought that was a traditionally male job though, and i'm female. Do you think i should accept the job? It sounds really simple and "easy money", and its on a contract and minimum 15 hours a week, so i could have 2 jobs at one time. But i dont know if i should take the job. Should i?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Seabiscuit said:
I got an email last wednesday morning about an interview at officeworks, and that afternoon i got a call from the manager at the store to come in for an interview.

But the job the offered me was to fill shelves... :S i always thought that was a traditionally male job though, and i'm female. Do you think i should accept the job? It sounds really simple and "easy money", and its on a contract and minimum 15 hours a week, so i could have 2 jobs at one time. But i dont know if i should take the job. Should i?
My mum's got a job at woolies packing shelves, and she says that there are alot of girls doin' it. So you should accept it.. why not? A job is a job and jobs aren't exactly easy to find. :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Dear Collin

Thank you for your recent application with Coles Myer Limited and for your participation in our selection process.

From your application, assessment and group interview we are able to establish that you have a combination of skills and experience that makes you a suitable candidate for acceptance into the Coles Myer Talent Pool.

From this point forward we are working towards matching you to a suitable vacancy. If we do become aware of a vacancy, in most cases, the final stage of the recruitment process will be an interview directly with the relevant Manager.

Due to the volume of applications received for this program, this process may take a number of weeks however in some circumstances, where candidate preferences far outweigh the number of vacancies for a particular store, some candidates may not be selected for this next stage.

We appreciate your application and the time that you have taken to participate in our selection process and thank you for considering Coles Myer Limited as a prospective employer.

Yours sincerely,

COLES MYER RECRUITMENT

Sweet.

Panda Bear

HSC
the manager still hasn't called :(

the recuritment officer told me that my app was sent to officeworks (my suburb) and then to wait for the phone call from the store manager.

omg.. why so long >.< what's the thing about the store manager sending you an email?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)