Coles Question (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
woolies do theirs in 6 min increments so theoretically you;re meant to sign in within 5 mins of start/finish of your shift - my manager never cares if u sign in heaps early though because there is always work that needs to get done......

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Peartie said:
woolies do theirs in 6 min increments so theoretically you;re meant to sign in within 5 mins of start/finish of your shift - my manager never cares if u sign in heaps early though because there is always work that needs to get done......
Good Point, there is NEVER nothing to do if your in grocery, dairy sections, BUT I HATE "PULLING or FRONTING" Freezer stick, my **** Hands get so painfull!!

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Well, This week I managed to earn myself a pathetic 10hours because I am better than everyone else, BUT I get a phone call saying "Sorry, we have cancelled two fo your shifts and you can only have 1 3hour shift now", um BULLSHIT, Why??Somehting about someone else coming in and whatever. Anyway so i am going to earn $34 this week!!!:hammer: :hammer:

I went from $150 week at maccas to this absolute bullshit, well Ill tell you what I am not going to last much longer

synthesized

HSC
N/A
milocole said:
Well, This week I managed to earn myself a pathetic 10hours because I am better than everyone else, BUT I get a phone call saying "Sorry, we have cancelled two fo your shifts and you can only have 1 3hour shift now", um BULLSHIT, Why??Somehting about someone else coming in and whatever. Anyway so i am going to earn $34 this week!!!:hammer: :hammer:

I went from $150 week at maccas to this absolute bullshit, well Ill tell you what I am not going to last much longer
yep, this is the typical coles treatment of casuals, really the only way to avoid it is to be skilled at sucking up to the person in charge of rosters.

you could always ask for a transfer to another department. if there is somewhere you would like to work, just ask the store manager if there are any vacancies in that department.

or maybe even another store..?

CieL

HSC
If they cancelled 2 of my 3 [short and only] shifts, I'd immediately get pissed off and let them know that I'm pissed off. It's definately not right for them to roster you on then cancel so you only get 3hrs for the week. Despite the fact that you're a casual.

I'd find the person that does the roster and find out why the fuck it happened.

But I guess since most of your store's workers are new, they don't really care, and they probably anticipate that people come and go.

michael1990

HSC
CieL said:
If they cancelled 2 of my 3 [short and only] shifts, I'd immediately get pissed off and let them know that I'm pissed off. It's definately not right for them to roster you on then cancel so you only get 3hrs for the week. Despite the fact that you're a casual.

I'd find the person that does the roster and find out why the fuck it happened.

But I guess since most of your store's workers are new, they don't really care, and they probably anticipate that people come and go.
But they roster to a forecast. Then when they compare the forecast to the actual they see they don't need as many staff, so they try and make as many cuts to payroll as possible.

Unfair!

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Yeah, Well I sort of hanged up on him and said bullshit at the same time, anyway I have already applied for another Job, so I can have 2 jobs, and a decent cash flow. On my 3hr shift that I only have now, I will have a go at that arsehole

greekgun

HSC
michael1990 said:
But they roster to a forecast. Then when they compare the forecast to the actual they see they don't need as many staff, so they try and make as many cuts to payroll as possible.

Unfair!
Thats why the coles i work at is ALWAYS understaffed. they try to reduce their expenses by cutting down on staff, and then leave the people working to suffer from all the work load and angry customers.

CieL

HSC
michael1990 said:

Unfair!
At least get it right before you print out the roster and get people's hopes up.

My manager's a wank too. The roster for this week has been changed for the 3rd time.

michael1990

HSC
greekgun said:
Thats why the coles i work at is ALWAYS understaffed. they try to reduce their expenses by cutting down on staff, and then leave the people working to suffer from all the work load and angry customers.
The thing is, the business becomes less efficient, therefore less revenue. Which will in turn make it less payroll. Very silly. (does change due to other reasons though).

michael1990

HSC
CieL said:
At least get it right before you print out the roster and get people's hopes up.

My manager's a wank too. The roster for this week has been changed for the 3rd time.
I like my manager. I mean i am lucky, i hardly ever have my shifts cut. If they do cut them, they ask me and i can say yes or no. My choice.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Before they cut your shifts back by 80%, yes they should ask, do they not think about us and we would like money. Anyway what shits me was he was like:
"Sorry, but we have to cancel your tonight because we have had someone else come in" and then "And on your Friday Shift, we are going to cancel that one also" then "Lastly we are going to cancel your 5hour shift on Sunday, and Change it for a 3hr one on Saturday"

Of couse I said NO, but he said I had no choice. If I go in on Saturday, and see that the other 2 Casuals (who are shit and slow) didn't lose any of there 3 shifts, Im gonna crack the shits:argue:

God, after 2 years at maccas I was never actually treated this bad, Well not as bad I guess

blakegman

HSC
N/A
you're bound to get shit managers eventually. If they had any intelligence or talent, they wouldn't be a manager at coles.

michael1990

HSC
blakegman said:
you're bound to get shit managers eventually. If they had any intelligence or talent, they wouldn't be a manager at coles.
Agreed. But i do not work at Coles.

I suppose if you were a store manager at Coles, it would be okay.

CieL

HSC
michael1990 said:
I like my manager. I mean i am lucky, i hardly ever have my shifts cut. If they do cut them, they ask me and i can say yes or no. My choice.
My manager's a dumbass.
She doesn't cut my shifts, but her management skills are awesomely bad.

Like last saturday for example. I was supposed to work till 10pm with another senior, and a junior till 9pm [3 people total]. I had a friend's birthday party to go to afterwards so I wanted to leave on the dot.

What happens? The other two people couldn't do it because of their own stupid reasons in which they rang too late. So my manager calls in ONE junior to do 7-10pm. Which is stupid because I'm supposed to have a break, and juniors can't sell smokes.

And guess what. At 7pm she hasn't rocked up. 7:15pm still no-one. I called her. And she told me she never agreed to do the 7-10pm shift in the first place because she was doing her driving lessons since she had her DART the next day.

So in the end, I was the ONLY PERSON on registers from 6-10pm. I also had to leave at 10:15pm to do the close. I missed my bloody $3.50 drinks at the bar because I rocked up after midnight. GHEY.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
CieL said:
My manager's a dumbass.

Like last saturday for example. I was supposed to work till 10pm with another senior, and a junior till 9pm [3 people total]. I had a friend's birthday party to go to afterwards so I wanted to leave on the dot.

What happens? The other two people couldn't do it because of their own stupid reasons in which they rang too late. So my manager calls in ONE junior to do 7-10pm. Which is stupid because I'm supposed to have a break, and juniors can't sell smokes.

And guess what. At 7pm she hasn't rocked up. 7:15pm still no-one. I called her. And she told me she never agreed to do the 7-10pm shift in the first place because she was doing her driving lessons since she had her DART the next day.

So in the end, I was the ONLY PERSON on registers from 6-10pm. I also had to leave at 10:15pm to do the close. I missed my bloody $3.50 drinks at the bar because I rocked up after midnight. GHEY.
Ah, Juniors are crap, they are annoying and know nothing whatsoever:lol:
Especially those 16year old Supre Sluts

michael1990

HSC
CieL said:
My manager's a dumbass.

Wow, i would of jumped up and down.

Did she say anything to you about it? (your manager of course)

CieL

HSC
Never said smokes were hard.
Got everything on shelf memorised. Mg, price, size, everything.
My point was juniors can't sell smokes.

I was pissed all night. Practically had steam shooting out of my ears and nostrils.
I haven't seen her since the incident, but the duty manager who was also with me that night confronted her and she swore that the junior said 'yes' to the 7-10pm shift.. even when the junior was standing outside the door listening.. *shrugs* What can you do...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)