Colesmyer 2004-2005 Christmas Casual Positions (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

oh yeah? you serious? who else needs christmas recruits? you mean like big w and stuff? or like the littler places?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
little places and big places. Anywhere in a shopping centre. Just that coles starts early cos they need a lot more people. When it gets closer to christmas you'll start seeing signs in shop windows, otherwise just go in and ask, give them your resume. You've got nothing to lose!

MouNtY

hey yeah true makes sense...now all i've gotta do is make up a resume...so do you know how to make a resume...i don't have any work history at all...and like wat are the fields i need to write in it.....oh yeah and another question...for referees are you supposed to have people that you know well e.g. your mates...or do you need to have like from teachers and stuff?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
ok references should be work related. teachers, principals etc. You shouldn't use friends and can't use family.

resume should have details, awards etc... there should be templates on microsoft word or you can look up on the net the structure. Should be categorised under headings.

This is how mine is done (i'm not saying this is right!!):
- contact details (name and address)
- education (primary and high schools and subjects studied for the hsc)
- employment (past employment - you won't have this if you haven't had a job)
- awards recieved (school awards, duke of ed, lifesaving bronze star or whatever)
- achievements (sport, music, school captain, peer support leader etc)
- school certificate (subject, mark, band)
- work experience
- volunteer experience
- hobbies and interests.

that's the way i did mine, people do theirs differently though...
hope this helps!

MouNtY

hey thanx.....i didn' know that you could put in details about the things that you did in primary school?....but yep this should do if i can find enough things to write about.....roughly how long should it be?..and bcoz its for the coles thing i should be keeping it fairly brief yeah?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
ummm don't put in things for primary school unless their really important, like school captain. i only listed down the schools i've been to from kindergarten to year 12 and units for the hsc for the education bit. Not achievements from primary school (otherwise it would be a lot longer than 2 pages)...
should be 1-2 pages. Mine is 2.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Me = rejected ;(

I am actually quite shocked, considering I worked there last year, oh well ...

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
I'm in. Went for training today, Coles induction at Chullora 2morrow and start work on monday and work all week.

wakarimashita

McLake said:
Me = rejected ;(

I am actually quite shocked, considering I worked there last year, oh well ...
sorry to that...
how did you know you got rejected?
I'm starting to think that i got rejected to... i havent heard from them since i recieved the 'on hold' letter...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
No, explicitly:

email said:
Dear McLake

Thank you for your recent application for Christmas Recruitment Drive 2004 with Coles Myer Limited and for your participation in our selection process.

You demonstrated a combination of skills, experience and availability that is suited to the needs of our organisation. However a suitable vacancy is not currently available. Should a suitable vacancy arise over the next*six months that matches your availability, experience and preferences, I will contact you.

We appreciate your application and the time that you have taken to participate in our selection process and thank you for considering Coles Myer Limited as a prospective employer.

Yours sincerely

Jessica Cornale
RECRUITMENT OFFICER
COLES MYER LIMITED

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Hey at least you got answer all ready

There are three ways it can go:

1. Unsuccessful
2. SuccessFul , with no placement
3. Successful , with placement

And McLake has be successful with no placement at this time

wakarimashita

my recuitor is Jessica too, maybe i should email her to ask...
gettin a firm 'no' is better than being in the state of unknown....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
McLake said:
Yes, at least I got an answer ...
i'm shocked too mc lacke

did you go for an instore interview? did you get any e mail after the group interview or was this the only one? and did you put down heaps of stores or only GBs?

^___^
HSC
McLake said:
Yes, at least I got an answer ...
McLake

i got the exact same email
and i asked on bored if i'll get the job at coles..ppl said my chance is close to 0%

but then. a few days later, my local coles called me for an interview and now i'm working there :)

have faith and g'luck
*thumbs up*

fillstar

HSC
Im at Myer and its great.

Im in machester which may sound boring but it boils down to your co-workers and the superiors which determines the experience you will get.

HAHA that cognitive exam was funny... its like the national IQ exam...

but for the group interview you just gotta stand out at all times from the others to get it... dress in business attire, give some attention to detail and YES they check references...

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
fillstar said:
Im at Myer and its great.

Im in machester which may sound boring but it boils down to your co-workers and the superiors which determines the experience you will get.

HAHA that cognitive exam was funny... its like the national IQ exam...

but for the group interview you just gotta stand out at all times from the others to get it... dress in business attire, give some attention to detail and YES they check references...

I agree , dress smart , stand out from the crowed. The only problem I found was if your group was very talkative ( Strong minded, like mine ) you really have to use your bussiness Studies words ( and skills) to shine over them , becasue if your group is talking alot you only have a small aveune of oppurtunity , becasue u also do not want to intrupt another person ( try it but dont do it to often) , becasue you might seem rude.

I noticed that my supervisor was writing things down while speaking ( in MY BOX , :) ), I sorta has a clear view of the supervisor note book.
I hope that I am successful.

If not , life goes on

Last edited:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i wore my uniform so i didnt really stand out.. i dont think they hire people based on what they wear to a group interview because everyone has to wear the same thing when they work at the places anyway.. u just shouldnt show up unshowered or messy
my group had a couple of people that didnt say anything.. but yeh i came up with a few of the ideas and even brought humour into it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)