communication option (1 Viewer)

HSC
i thought the qs were ok except the last one, where the neurones - i was like what differences are there (i stated the obvious different locations of parts) but that was like just ranting...

generally it's ok, I just so glad they didn't put an prac one in, it could've been much much worse...

frootloop

HSC
Bokky said:
Oh yeah, thats because they counted every possible offspring including females, so 1 in 4 chance of being colour blind. But i think it's also correct to say 50% chance (or 1 in 2) only counting the males in the possible offspring. So yeah, i think u could be right either way ;)
But you know that he is going to be male. So technically you should've ruled out the females...

Anyway I got either no chance of colourblind (if Mary is normal) or 50% of colourblind (if Mary is a carrier). 'Cause the kid gets their Y from the father and the X from the mother. (and I drew two punnet squares) :)

DistantCube

HSC
communication
Qd)ii -- allegedly, the markers were getting to the fact that microgrids and preprepared sealed slides are resuable etc (I found this out AFTER the exam, how convenient)

core
Q about jack -- probability tree and given Jack is male (already born, they're not giving birth again, tehrefore no need to exclude female probabilities), most of you should be right, 50% is she is a carrier 0% if she is not. Therefore 25% overall by; P(she is a carrier)xP(jack is colour blind) = 0.5x0.5 = 0.25

Bush Elephant

communication.. oh how i loved it... didnt study the brain.. and it wasnt in there... the eye was easy.... i drew the common table for hearing aids and cochlea implants listing the position, benifits and problems and conditions under which it will work :D neurons i just wrote the obvious differences about the meylin sheath and nucleus etc.... and action potentials :D i even drew a diagram of 1 lol

stu_jacks88

shobadaynature said:
i thought the qs were ok except the last one, where the neurones - i was like what differences are there (i stated the obvious different locations of parts) but that was like just ranting...
Difference 1 - only two had myelin sheaths

Diff 2 - two of the neurones had dendrites at both ends, while one only had them at a single end

Ive also heard another difference; about the location of the nucleus body.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)