Completely happy and content with being alone? (1 Viewer)

Diddimz

HSC
I dont care either way, valentines day sucks either way, being forced to spend more money on someone then you normally do, or being forced to feel sad and alone, it really is a fucked up day

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Diddimz said:
I dont care either way, valentines day sucks either way, being forced to spend more money on someone then you normally do, or being forced to feel sad and alone, it really is a fucked up day
No one is forced to spend more money on someone then they normally do, how much you spend or whether you buy someone a gift or not it is up to you, you shouldn't feel forced.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Diddimz said:
Haha, have you ever had a girlfriend? If it pains you so much to spend a little more money on your significant other during an occasion which happens once a year (which you don't have to anyway if you didn't want to), you must be a tight cunt on money.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Or poor like me! :(

Haha, but even then there are plenty of things to show her you care without the use of money

Diddimz

HSC
Haha, have you ever had a girlfriend? If it pains you so much to spend a little more money on your significant other during an occasion which happens once a year (which you don't have to anyway if you didn't want to), you must be a tight cunt on money.
You'd be amazed at whose had a girlfriend wouldnt you. So my point probably wasnt made as best it could. Really you dont need a certain day to go and buy a present for someone special, if you care for them, you should do it whenever you want, and not just because a day says so. Valentines day just happens to be a day with one of the highest suicide rates around, because it leaves so many people feeling depressed and alone. So what does this day really accomplish? More depressed people as they watch others celebrate, and people celebrating their relationship, when everyother day should be a celebration.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Diddimz said:
You'd be amazed at whose had a girlfriend wouldnt you.
Honestly, I do with your attitude, yes.

Diddimz said:
So my point probably wasnt made as best it could. Really you dont need a certain day to go and buy a present for someone special, if you care for them, you should do it whenever you want, and not just because a day says so. Valentines day just happens to be a day with one of the highest suicide rates around, because it leaves so many people feeling depressed and alone. So what does this day really accomplish? More depressed people as they watch others celebrate, and people celebrating their relationship, when everyother day should be a celebration.
I never said you had to buy them anything. It was YOU who asserted that with 'being forced to spend more money on someone than you normally do'. The tone of that in general suggests that you view nothing of Valentine's Day but a day in which you have to expend your wallet a bit.. in a compulsory fashion. It sounds like you're super tight with money.

As for the last point of your quote, everyday SHOULD certainly be a celebration of your relationship, but since when has theory always implied practicality? It just doesn't work out like that. People get into routines; busy with work, study, stress in general. Days like Valentine's simply staples down a celebration of the relationship in a more significant manner (often necessary since it's not feasible to expect people to just celebrate their relationships like as if everyday was Valentine's), and I can't see that as a bad thing. If you're single, well boohoo.. life hasn't always been fair. It's ONE day of the year!

ladyknight

HSC
Just as I grew incredibly close to a boy I'd known, I had to go away overseas. Its been 1.5 months, with 6 to go. Woot. :bomb:

ladyknight

HSC
And I do- a marvelous, wonderful, famulous boyfriend! But we've got a little distance problem. Meh, what ya gonna do.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
beckywecky said:
I am, on the other hand, completely content with being SINGLE!
That's exactly what I feel, no more and no less. You feel alot more freedom and rich because you don't have to pay for those expensive dinners and outtings! XD

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I'm getting used to being single and I'm starting to like it

mazarina211

HSC
sometimes i really dont care, like i just cant b stuffed if i have a boyfriend or not

but then again, sometimes i wish i had that someone 2 hold my hand, 2 hug me and listen 2 me with an intentive ear

so it goes both ways 4 me- i think im confused lol

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
there are certain things that i do miss from being in a relationship, like the companionship etc, but i have to say being single again is great!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
bubz :D said:
there are certain things that i do miss from being in a relationship, like the companionship etc, but i have to say being single again is great!
yeah but single means u dun have to feel guilty about certain things ... hehe :)

bubz is single ;) nice..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)