Concentration techniques..... (1 Viewer)

sm16

HSC
OMG!...Anyone have some....i realli need them!....Seriously when its exams thats when i waste more time...like i have exams this week and i do one page and then feel the need to sit at the comp, listen to songs, dance around....do EVERYTHING but STUDY!....Argh...its realli frustrating...!!!!:burn:

Anyone know how to survive 4 exams without studying...lol!....geez...thinkin abt my UAI now....i think my only careeer option will be workin at Woolies or Macaaz :bomb: ..... Any advice shud be helpful!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
sm16 said:
OMG!...Anyone have some....i realli need them!....Seriously when its exams thats when i waste more time...like i have exams this week and i do one page and then feel the need to sit at the comp, listen to songs, dance around....do EVERYTHING but STUDY!....Argh...its realli frustrating...!!!!:burn:

Anyone know how to survive 4 exams without studying...lol!....geez...thinkin abt my UAI now....i think my only careeer option will be workin at Woolies or Macaaz :bomb: ..... Any advice shud be helpful!
I had no problems until I read that.

I'll give you an outline -
1. Get a brain
2. Be organised
3. Turn off your computer
4. ????
5. Profit!

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I heard chewing gum is good....but it doesnt do anything for me.

uwshm8

uwshm8
HSC
stop procastinating please.....gosh ahaha
ummmm.. the way i see it: basically you gotta be working harder then everyone else to be successful, so think of study/anything in life like this: when the other guy is sleeping, im working; when the other guy is eating, im working; when the other guy is watching tv, im working etc.

also... at the end of the day you dont want to be the person that is always saying "should'a, could'a, would'a" cause it lame. later

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
DIfferent people would benefit from different concentration techniques. However, the one that I use is the one that most people would use - studying in a quiet environment. There is just no other way for me. I study in a very quiet environment where I cannot hear any sound but my pen running down my papers.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I like to set really small goals.
Like study for 30 mins, then play a 9 man sit and go on pokerstars.

exct.

Supervacuo

HSC
What i do is study like half an hour/forty five minutes.. one subject or writing notes... then have a break for half an hour.. then repeat.. it's an easy way to study three hours without really feeling tired/ unmotivated.. In between eat chocolate, lollies.. only redbull/v before LOL otherwise you will get hypo during your breaks..

jcurry

HSC
lyounamu said:
DIfferent people would benefit from different concentration techniques. However, the one that I use is the one that most people would use - studying in a quiet environment. There is just no other way for me. I study in a very quiet environment where I cannot hear any sound but my pen running down my papers.
im quite the opposite i need to be listening to music to productively study but as you say everyone has different ways to concentrate.
Just try all different ones and see which fits you the best.

hunni.xx

HSC
Just clear your mind and get into a strong mindset of 'I've got to do this, it will help me heaps, I can relax when I'm done'. Stick yourself to your desk and just focus on the work you have to do- nothing else. =]

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
jcurry said:
im quite the opposite i need to be listening to music to productively study but as you say everyone has different ways to concentrate.
Just try all different ones and see which fits you the best.
I listen to music sometimes.
i try to listen to hardstyle/hardcore with no words.

of french/japenese music, where i cant understand the words

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
I listen to music sometimes.
i try to listen to hardstyle/hardcore with no words.

of french/japenese music, where i cant understand the words
I love Japanese/Chinese/German music, especially Japanese. I don't really understand what they are saying but I don't care since I am increasingly aware of what they are saying as I get better in Japanese.

Music may help for certain subjects. I think it does for Mathematics

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol one of my teachers said listen to classical music o_O" .. lol i never did though , so dont quote me on it haha.

try chewing a jellybean or two before you study ! jellybeans have glucose which stimulates thinking ? (pfft my chem teacher used to always say that !)

:) all the best !

vasuu91

HSC
yea my business studies teacher used to play music in class for 'better understanding'....didnt work for me!!!
altough i agree music is good for maths....i find singing while doing maths really helpful....and this way no one else has to hear me and i can sing my heart out!!!!!

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Go to your public library with a couple of books, so you have nothing to distract you. Even if you take a laptop (if you have one) it wont have internet on it so there will be less to distract you. If not, you can still get a lot of study done without it and you will be less likely to dance around etc because you just dont in those situations

BackCountrySnow

HSC
midifile said:
Go to your public library with a couple of books, so you have nothing to distract you.
LoL, you should see my local library...
sooo fucking noisy!!

Muz4PM

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
LoL, you should see my local library...
sooo fucking noisy!!
Hahaha, same. There is this one young fellow especially, if I repeat half the stuff he says in the library, I am afraid I would have my account deleted for using too many profanities. It is disgusting, and distracting if you want to study.

Abilhasha

HSC
lol...classical music made me fall asleep on yop of my books...hehe

buh i cant stand quietness yet i cant study wif music....so depressn

buh to improve ur cincentration i suggest meditation...

not necessary religious...do it wen ur goin to sleep o weneva u hav time

sit down/or lay down nd think of only one thing and keep thinking of it

wen ur thoughts wander off bring it back... i rekon like 20 mins of dis everyday shuld realli help...

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
take powernaps
then drink a cup of tea or something with caffeine
then start what you need to do

you will feel more refreshed after having a nap and something to drink

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)