Confused (1 Viewer)

Salehhh

HSC
I don't get it. I came 1st in ipt and got an hsc examination mark of 80. But my assessment mark comes up as 73??
Shouldn't i have a assessment mark of 80 because i came first?

pHyRe

HSC
you have to come first internally AND externally in your cohort for assessment/exam mark to be the same

Salehhh

HSC
you have to come first internally AND externally in your cohort for assessment/exam mark to be the same
I am ranked first in IPT and i came first in the hsc exam (80%). How come i got 73 as my assesment...

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Were you first or equal first internally?

D94

HSC
N/A
1st myself
How can you be certain? I don't think there is anything that indicates equal first when the ranks are released.

But yes, in your scenario, your exam mark cannot be lower than your assessment mark if you are outright first.

Salehhh

HSC
How can you be certain? I don't think there is anything that indicates equal first when the ranks are released.

But yes, in your scenario, your exam mark cannot be lower than your assessment mark if you are outright first.
My assesment mark is lower then my examination mark while im ranked 1st... (I got 80 in examination mark and 73 in assesment. I am ranked first in ipt... Something's wrong.)

How could i fix this problem? HSC result service is closed atm. If i call them when they open, the ATAR would have already been released... Could they still fix it even if my ATAR is already done?

D94

HSC
N/A
My assesment mark is lower then my examination mark while im ranked 1st... (I got 80 in examination mark and 73 in assesment. I am ranked first in ipt... Something's wrong.)

How could i fix this problem? HSC result service is closed atm. If i call them when they open, the ATAR would have already been released... Could they still fix it even if my ATAR is already done?
If you are equal first, they take the average of the (2) highest exam marks (if there are 2 people on first). But it does seem unlikely that the next highest exam mark was 66, so something does seem wrong, but it's not a completely impossible situation.

The ATAR can change as well as your HSC marks if there is a correction.

Salehhh

HSC
If you are equal first, they take the average of the (2) highest exam marks (if there are 2 people on first). But it does seem unlikely that the next highest exam mark was 66, so something does seem wrong, but it's not a completely impossible situation.

The ATAR can change as well as your HSC marks if there is a correction.
Yeh i'm not equal 1st.. Do you know how i could contact BOS to fix this problem?

NWO

HSC
post examination mark and ur assessment mark and hsc mark then we can tell..

Chris100

HSC
What's the difference between the examination mark and assessment mark?

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC
If you're ranked first internally, and received the highest external mark, your internal/external should be that highest mark (and thus your hsc final mark should be that mark)

If something doesn't fit with that concept, contact bos

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Definitely contact BOS.

Even if the person tied first with you (if applicable) got 66, then you should appeal as that is not fair.

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC
Definitely contact BOS.

Even if the person tied first with you (if applicable) got 66, then you should appeal as that is not fair.
whether or not it's fair is an entirely different matter...

it's occurrence is valid and is not due to a distorted process

for those of you old bos'ers who remember sanjoy

kid tied first with him got 57 and he got 97 - his internal was averaged and he was pulled down badly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)