Conservatoriums - GENERAL: Entry, atmosphere, auditions etc. (1 Viewer)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
ujuphleg said:
GAH!! trumpet_geek wishing she was a string player?!

*falls of chair*

whats goin on mate?! :D

hey im not a typical trumpet player with a big ego who reckons that trumpets are the best ....(although... um... they are...!) i have an open eye out for other instruments too - if i had to play a woodwind instrument, i would definitely play the oboe (not kidding) - especially after i sat next to an amazing oboe player in this opera concert which i did about a month ago... oh and i love the cor anglais!! When i was in year 10 i fell in love with the violin and i started playing it but i only got through half of suzuki book 1 then i was like - yeah stuff it ill just stick to the trumpet....!! By the way i would just like to mention that my fave violinst is Joshua Bell - he is truly amazing and inspiring.

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
We have a really good brass section in SBS... So i think there is quite a high standard but go for it man! hmm... think we have like... hmm... 4 or 5 "trumpeters" so u will have to be a mad player ;)

ez_19... what do u play? i was in sbs last year too... hmm... i probably know ur face....

NB: i play violin... shibby

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
=Mike B= said:
We have a really good brass section in SBS...
ez_19... what do u play? i was in sbs last year too... hmm... i probably know ur face....
clarinet, i only did a few concerts last yr (hsc..)
oh and how about the woodwind section huh? theyre not too shabby either :p are they much different this yr? i miss sbs..
hehe yeah and the brass are awesome!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
i know James Pensini and Annabel Barnes, and they are both pretty good... but yet i will still audition for it and see how it goes, its werid how they don't re audition like SYO but i spose its good once your in :D

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
i guess that would be annoying but thats how they keep their standard up, but SBSYO system makes it alot harder to get into :(. if anyone good enough to be auditioning for Sydney Sinfonia?? i was thinking about it, but i will for 2006 for sure. if you don't know its like the junior orchestra of the sydney symphony

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Sydney Symphonia would be mad! but im waiting till 2007-8 till that lol..

SbSyo auditions things are stupid, cause it makes it harder for people to get in, but The SYo auditions arent that great either *cougH* .. oh well.. syo.. 4 years in that.. ugh..

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
gosh you must be good!!! do you go to a public school, im guessing not. PAU is the only thing i like about public schools. hmm maybe 2006 is being a bit to optismistic for me, i have to get into the con first!!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
the only mad cellist i know is Adam McKenzie... do you know him?? im in access at the con, thats how i know so many great musicians :D

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
yep thats right, there are alot of great musicians in public school :D most of them go to Sydney Boys and Girls but not forgetting Fort Street!!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
i found this out the other day as a matter of fact, this has nothing to do with you entry into the con and it is held on orientation day, ppl are put into groups to take the test. it involves Melody Dictation, Basic Harmony and basic aural stuff that would would have done in HSC so its pretty easy. the purpose of it is to determine which class you need to be in depending on you musicology skills.

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
ez_19 said:
clarinet, i only did a few concerts last yr (hsc..)
oh and how about the woodwind section huh? theyre not too shabby either :p are they much different this yr? i miss sbs..
hehe yeah and the brass are awesome!

hmmm...... i cant even remember what i did last week so theres no chance me remembering who u could be lol! oooooh! do u have long straight brown hair? play clarinet... hmmm that might be u....

aaaanyway

yeah im so not in the mood for an audition... the effort required right at this moment is soooooo straining....

heres my con audition program...

Bach Partita No. 3 - Prelude
Bach Partita No. 3 - Gavotte & Rondo
Mendelssohn Violin Concerto - 2nd Movement
Mendelssohn Violin Concerto - Last Movement
Bartok - Romanian dance No. ????? (no idea about this one yet)

Then scales and shit.... grrrrrr! i hate scales in thirds! and a study!
i dont care about the test thingy... im hoping my luck is up on that day and my instinct is shibby... ;)

Does anyone know some violinists who are trying to get into the con?

are SBSYO auditions hard? i know i did one but i cant remember how it was.... :confused:

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
=Mike B= said:
hmmm...... i cant even remember what i did last week so theres no chance me remembering who u could be lol! oooooh! do u have long straight brown hair? play clarinet... hmmm that might be u....

are SBSYO auditions hard? i know i did one but i cant remember how it was.... :confused:
yeah that sounds like me! ur memory isnt as bad as u think!

hmmmm my sbs audition was really informal.. i just went there, played half a piece and he's like, yes you're in, and planned the next 4 years of my life for me in sbs, haha..

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
yeh, comparing SBS auditions to SYO's its funny, the form is like name......... piece and thats it. no excepts, no contrasting pieces. NOTHING whereas SYO is freaking annoying with the three orchestral excerpts and the two contrasting pieces. i really krell just says "yeh your in..." to me as well :D *spits on SYOA* SBS here i come :p...

yay, 100 posts for me!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)