Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Would you take a coronavirus vaccine if it was available to you, and if so which would you prefer?

• No

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Any vaccine

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • Astra Zeneca

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Already vaccinated with AZ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Already vaccinated with Pfizer

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • Moderna

• Sputnik

• Janssen

• Novavax

• Total voters

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
We are so fucked. About to get a new high score in corona cases.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.08.07 am.png

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
lol cunts really thought covid would be over by the start of 2022

shit wont be over before the start of 2022

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

hatterene

HSC
i think that COVID will eventually become like the seasonal flu, requiring a yearly vaccination.

HSC
LMFAO LOCKDOWN NUMBER FUCKING 6

VICTORIA LOCKDOWN NUMBER 6

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
It sounds like you are going down the path of insanity.

Anyway, what is everybody's opinion on HSC students having to get the jab if they live in a LGA?

Luke322

HSC
It sounds like you are going down the path of insanity.

Anyway, what is everybody's opinion on HSC students having to get the jab if they live in a LGA?
I think that they shouldn't have to get the jab if they don't want to. They should seperate unvaccinated and vaccinated students for the HSC in different classrooms and have everyone be tested etc. Anyway most people do want to get vaccinated so the amount unvaccinated wouldn't make it hard to make sure they sit the HSC in a covid-safe way.

HSC
I think that they shouldn't have to get the jab if they don't want to. They should seperate unvaccinated and vaccinated students for the HSC in different classrooms and have everyone be tested etc. Anyway most people do want to get vaccinated so the amount unvaccinated wouldn't make it hard to make sure they sit the HSC in a covid-safe way.
Exactly my view on this.

dighead

HSC
Once there's enough doses for everyone to get jabbed, my guess is that the gov would eventually implement a similar policy to the no jab no play policy like they did in 2018 (link below). It's also likely they'll implement vaccine passports. So if u don't get jabbed, say goodbye to international travel. Really hope they implement all this - unless u have a legitimate reason to not get jabbed, you'll be sitting in same boat as antivaxxers. Also hope the gov bans them from going to school and claiming gov benefits such as Medicare.

Last edited:

Luke322

HSC
Once there's enough doses for everyone to get jabbed, my guess is that the gov would eventually implement a similar policy to the no jab no play policy like they did in 2018 (link below). It's also likely they'll implement vaccine passports. So if u don't get jabbed, say goodbye to international travel. Really hope they implement all this - unless u have a legitimate reason to not get jabbed, you'll be sitting in same boat as antivaxxers. Also hope the gov bans them from going to school and claiming gov benefits such as Medicare.

I think there's a distinction between anti-vaxx and vaccine-hesitant. A lot of people seem to conflate the two into the same category and that in itself is counterproductive; some are vaccine hesitant because of how quickly it was produced and the relative lack of tests to other vaccinations. But yes, I think that those who don't get the vaccine should not be allowed to internationally travel initially- eventually they would have to be able to obviously. I think banning people from claiming government benefits such as medicare is a bit extreme and oppressive; I believe it is a human right to have medicare no matter your opinion or views. Oppressing people based on their views is not a good way to deal with the future of the global Covid-19 situation

Last edited:

dighead

HSC
I think there's a distinction between anti-vaxx and vaccine-hesitant. A lot of people seem to conflate the two into the same category and that in itself is counterproductive; some are vaccine hesitant because of how quickly it was produced and the relative lack of tests to other vaccinations. But yes, I think that those who don't get the vaccine should not be allowed to internationally travel initially- eventually they would have to be able to obviously. I think banning people from claiming government benefits from medicare is a bit extreme and oppressive; I believe it is a human right to have medicare no matter your opinion or views. Oppressing people based on their views in this way is not a good way to deal with the future of the global Covid-19 situation
Those are fair points, and I agree with them to some degree. However, once sufficient time has passed and more research has been conducted into them, there is no reason to not get the vaccine, so if they're still hesitant, then it's far to call them antivaxxers. Herd immunity protects those who are medically unable to receive the vaccine, so those who are able to get vaccinated but choose not become a risk to those who could not get vaccinated. This well-known fact applies to all vaccines, not just covid. It's why I would support antivaxxers (which vaccine-hesitant people would eventually be classified as as described above) not qualifying for medicare. It's extreme, but it's fair - why should they be able to claim gov medicare benefits and burden the taxpayer when they themselves are not doing the bare minimum by protecting themselves, let alone the community? It's like complaining that you can't get home insurance because you deliberately built your house on the edge of an unstable cliff. Individuals have the right to make their own choice, but choices should have consequences. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)