Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Would you take a coronavirus vaccine if it was available to you, and if so which would you prefer?

• No

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Any vaccine

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • Astra Zeneca

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Already vaccinated with AZ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Already vaccinated with Pfizer

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • Moderna

• Sputnik

• Janssen

• Novavax

• Total voters

yooook

HSC
does anyone now when Gladys berjeijrijialjkioanisejaidaidiiiiiaaann makes her announcement on stage 3 lockdowns in NSW

enoilgam

HSC
If you want to talk about the “true” number infected then both the US and Italy (to a lesser extent) are very under-reported as well. The US testing regime was a mess early on and only recently has picked up. Italy has only been testing when more severe symptoms arise so they’re missing a lot of mild cases (that’s why their case mortality rate is so high).
Obviously the statistics are the best we have, but they are so unreliable (for a multitude of reasons) it's hard for anyone to draw real conclusions from them. Unfortunately, most people in society dont have a basic understanding of statistics which is why they seem to be so prominent.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel like when working from home there should be a maximum time limits/amounts set on video calls.
agreed. but i am being a model citizen now and turning on camera more.. but may be short lived as my laptop camera is usually blocked by the monitor and my webcam i ordered still hasn't even shipped.

Accurate

clix
HSC
1 out of ~365 people in the state of New York is now affected with this disease, pretty bad.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Cujo10

HSC
Uni Grad
How would primary and secondary kids do online education from home when they don't have internet access at home, due to factors like location or parents can't afford the internet?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
How would primary and secondary kids do online education from home when they don't have internet access at home, due to factors like location or parents can't afford the internet?
Schools do loan laptops and stuff which the government provides iirc, and you can just go to the library for Internet. They probably have something else if you can’t afford internet as well in the case there are no libraries

enoilgam

HSC
man people who cant afford the internet shouldnt be having children ffs
As harsh as it sounds, I kind of agree. Like, I'm reading so many hard luck stories online and some of them just irk me. One lady was having a complain because her husband lost his job as a part time chef and they now have no income to support their three children (two of whom are disabled) or pay the rent. To be dead honest, what on earth are you doing having that many kids when you really have such minimal earning ability. Also, to have another child when you already have a kid with a disability and limited resources is plain irresponsible. People are afraid to say this stuff, but where do people get off thinking they are entitled to bring kids into the world when they dont have the ability to fully care for them. Harsh I know but people really need to take responsibility for their own actions.

That being said, it isnt the children's fault so I'm not saying the government shouldn't help these people. I also have all the sympathy in the world for people who have lost their jobs during this crisis through no fault of their own. My issue is with people who arent fiscally responsible now crying poor because of this issue. I just find people need to take more responsibility.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel this is probably one of those myths which will spread over time... not to say it isn't a potential indicator of a weakened system, but I'd say there's probably more reliable ways of testing it (and I am not an expert on this).
Do you happen to know when your firm is going to release something on it’s website in relation to the announcement today?

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
do any of you know when school will return to normal? As much as I hate school this online thing is worse, like the teachers give out work twice as much, then again when school goes back to normal many of us would want to go back to quarantine🤷‍♀️

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
do any of you know when school will return to normal? As much as I hate school this online thing is worse, like the teachers give out work twice as much, then again when school goes back to normal many of us would want to go back to quarantine🤷‍♀️
Flu-like diseases usually peak around August, so probably be after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)