Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Would you take a coronavirus vaccine if it was available to you, and if so which would you prefer?

• No

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Any vaccine

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • Astra Zeneca

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Already vaccinated with AZ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Already vaccinated with Pfizer

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • Moderna

• Sputnik

• Janssen

• Novavax

• Total voters

enoilgam

HSC
Mfw variants escape the vaccine

Mfw when totally new virus comes along

Mfw lockdown 73 had been extended 8 weeks
There is going to come a point where we just have to accept that we cant really control it and just get on with life. People die, that's life - 25,000 Australians a year die of strokes and heart attacks, but we don't move to ban fatty foods and mandate exercise do we? Even with harsh lockdowns, many countries are struggling to contain it - even in Victoria they are struggling and they went hard and fast. I'm not saying we shouldn't fight it now, but once the vaccines reach the thresholds, we just need to let it go. The government can only keep the economy on life support for so long. Every dollar lost fighting today's health crisis is a dollar we don't have for healthcare tomorrow.

Personally, most people I know have been very reluctant to get the vaccine - the only reason they have changed their minds is because they want their freedoms back. Can you imagine the damage to public confidence if people get vaccinated and their freedoms dont come back? For a public health response reliant on public cooperation, it wont bode well.

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
imagine how many more lives we'd be saving if instead of a contact tracer outside of coles jotting down your deets there was a guy with a blood pressure pump and a weight scale, measure too unhealthy you can only go to the fresh food aisle

enoilgam

HSC
imagine how many more lives we'd be saving if instead of a contact tracer outside of coles jotting down your deets there was a guy with a blood pressure pump and a weight scale, measure too unhealthy you can only go to the fresh food aisle
Talk about "burdening the health system" - Id honestly like to see a study done of the burden imposed by COVID versus other preventable health diseases (heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes etc). The only reason that isnt a pandemic is because it moves slowly.

Think of all the children who die of preventable diseases, starvation etc in third world countries. Does the world stop? No it doesn't. The only reason the world has stopped this time is because COVID can hit anyone and it moves fast.

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
i suspect that fatties, like smokers, pay for themselves (same w so called covid deaths) anyway

in the case of smokers even when you dont factor in cigarette taxes they likely pay for themselves bc they die early

most healthcare resources are consumed by the very old and frail, keeping the very elderly alive is where a disproportionate amount of healthcare spending is allocated. if people die early they dont reach the age where they require constant medical treatment and thus save taxpayers money long term

most fatties/smokers die in their 60s/70s or so, so past retirement age (not adding to the tax base anymore but not at the age yet where they become burdensome on the healthcare system, a sweet spot of death)

its such disingenous bullshit to try to guilt the unvaccinated and covid restriction ignorers over "health care costs", if they die from da coof , they'll actually be saving money

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
potentially one of the good things about the pandemic is the huge increase in pandemic preparedness/response for future pandemics, and this is important because in the next few decades it will become trivially simple for people to be able to genetically modify viruses and therefore potentially make them more contagious or deadly, and a genuinely dangerous outbreak could occur

it sounds dumb but if you read into it, its basically inevitable at this point

enoilgam

HSC
potentially one of the good things about the pandemic is the huge increase in pandemic preparedness/response for future pandemics, and this is important because in the next few decades it will become trivially simple for people to be able to genetically modify viruses and therefore potentially make them more contagious or deadly, and a genuinely dangerous outbreak could occur

it sounds dumb but if you read into it, its basically inevitable at this point
This needs to be a top priority and I expect it will be - this is by far the most costly event since WW2 and I think governments the world over will through everything at avoiding a repeat.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
based

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
lmao my fav is them constantly branding obvious non-corona deaths as otherwise or doing so by sneaky association

15 year old dies of some fukt disease, abc sneakily reports on it "15 year old dies of ___ disease, also had coronavirus"

why even fucking report on this lol

hmnmmmmmmmmm

dighead

HSC

HSC
Lol what a crap page. first of all that is some antivax page. Only show the footage of one, inclined to not believe that there were 3. It is not extremely rare for people to feel faint, or less commonly, pass out from any vaccine. I can almost guarantee that the person in that footage will have 0 long term issues.

Please read an actually credible report on fainting after vaccinations such as https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/fainting.html

cloud_berry

HSC
oh yea it’s ok now, it got pointed out on another forum that fainting can be seen from vaccines and i just remembered i nearly fainted from a shot once and from a blood test another time so it’s fine lol

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol what a crap page. first of all that is some antivax page. Only show the footage of one, inclined to not believe that there were 3. It is not extremely rare for people to feel faint, or less commonly, pass out from any vaccine. I can almost guarantee that the person in that footage will have 0 long term issues.

Please read an actually credible report on fainting after vaccinations such as https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/fainting.html
Yeah we had gym mats next to the demountable where we got vaccinated at school because every year multiple people would faint.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone have the symptoms you need to look out for in relation to clots from AZ?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Anyone have the symptoms you need to look out for in relation to clots from AZ?
Look under "What are the symptoms of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome?" here: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/thrombosis-with-thrombocytopenia-syndrome-tts

Apparently they are quite severe (e.g. very bad and persistent headache), and start 4-42 days after vaccination.

If you mean, if i've had them personally, then no. Even before I had AZ i've had headaches every now and then, so when I got one after like 5-6 days after AZ I wasn't sure at first, but it wasn't severe or persistent.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Look under "What are the symptoms of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome?" here: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/thrombosis-with-thrombocytopenia-syndrome-tts

Apparently they are quite severe (e.g. very bad and persistent headache), and start 4-42 days after vaccination.

If you mean, if i've had them personally, then no. Even before I had AZ i've had headaches every now and then, so when I got one after like 5-6 days after AZ I wasn't sure at first, but it wasn't severe or persistent.
Thanks the initial government websites that I was looking at kept giving 404 errors. Just so that I can send to mates who have had the AZ so they know what to look out for.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Just got my first dose of Pfizer today. If you guys want to get it go early in the morning do you don’t have to wait for hours. Mine was done in 15-20 mins and there was barely any queue.

On a side note some guy sitting next to me almost fainted and was taken away in a wheel chair. They also said before I got it that there’s been some sort of change to the vaccine. Everything seems to be good though and everyone was fine, only one guy got side effects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)