Cotton On! Got an interview (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
fantasy27 said:
yea just casuals, last yr when i went everyone was just wearing skinny jeans and ballerina flats; they tell you to wear what you think you'll be wearing if you're working at Cotton On
fancy that... you applied for cotton on :D if you were there...DISCOUNT :D

coopersteph

HSC
i had mine yesterday and it was great. but they told us to put down stores and i didn't know where most of them were. One girl said that hornsby was next to bankstown so i put it down, but obviously found out it wasn't. i want to try and call to see if i can change it cos i can't get there everyday! does any body know the number? Im desperate!!!!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
LOL that girl obviously doesn't know their geography. Why not call the person who called you for the interview? They'd probably be from HR. Or wait until someone calls you to offer you the job and then tell them.

The Hornsby store is right next to the train station...but it'd be a pain to get to from Fairfield.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
coopersteph said:
i had mine yesterday and it was great. but they told us to put down stores and i didn't know where most of them were. One girl said that hornsby was next to bankstown so i put it down, but obviously found out it wasn't. i want to try and call to see if i can change it cos i can't get there everyday! does any body know the number? Im desperate!!!!
LOL I don't remember where all the stores are but if you're in fairfield you're probably best off putting yourself down for stores in like liverpool, parramatta, bankstown, campbelltown, city etc.

Getting to Hornsby is a pain in the ass wherever you live (unless you live in hornsby lol)

coopersteph

HSC
yeah i konw im an idiot. For some reason i thought that could be right cos i was thinking of hoxton park.
BUT i didn't get a number and we find out which store next saturday at training!! i can't find the number for HR anywhere!!

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
Relax.

The HR won't give a shit. They know they can play with your roster like playdoh. I bet you were one of the young ones in the group interview. Despite giving them the wrong store location, they're probably like, "oh shit. this girl's minimum wage is $9. hoooooray."

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Just call whatever number you've got for them (you should have at least one, maybe the number of the person who called you to say you had the job) and ask for HR or give them a message or something

all my contact with cotton on was conducted with this one chick on her mobile idk who she even was or if she was the interviewer or induction person but yeah you should have some kind of contact

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Aww, I didn't really want this, but I got offered a group interview today but couldn't go because it's on at the same time as my exam. Possibly a good thing but agh, needed money.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
ugh, i just got rejected at esprit. after making it through two stages, they rejected me in the final stage fuuuuuck.

anyway, are most positions filled for cotton on? my mum (who's a teacher) said they've been advertising through schools, which is an odd practice. i'm considering applying despite the dodgy things i've heard.

born2b

HSC
they allready hired...

on saturday...

their interview process was bullshit though.. lol alot of potential people didnt make it..

but yeah they will take you if you are bubbly and jumpy and loud..

and you have to know the history of the company since they wanted to hire the whole group but yeah they decided thats the way they will weed everyone out,..

shame though.. there were really cool people got rejected and the wierd ones got it....

kathalicious

HSC
yo heyyyy.
yehh i went to the induction 2dayy...
im kinda scared to work there now...
the regional managers were kinda scary
:S

tahlia333

HSC
ive already had the interview, got the job & went for the induction yesterday, which i might add took 4 hours. & no u dont get paid for turning up even tho i have spent 7 hours all up answering questions, watching video's & learning about their products.

but i did get a $20 gift voucher yesterday when they gave me all my paperwork & date range i MIGHT be working.

cant remember exactly but its only 3 weeks worth but they already said they cannot guarantee too many shifts, so im looking, if im lucky maybe 3-4 lol

its ok coz i got another job lined up anyway so even if they dont call me im not bothered, i mainly went for the experience as it seems the way all these companies do their interviews

good luck ppl :D

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh I got told the period would be between 18 December and I think the 4th of Jan (in Newcastle anyway). It's almost hardly worth it, esp. if you're not getting many shifts within that 2.5 week gap lol.

Woolies pays you for training :S I thought you had to get paid for training? Maybe that's what the flimsy gift voucher was for lol.

ruvskee

HSC
N/A
They are not that bad. i had interveiw in melbourne for dfo moorabbin and everything. it was at liek the state net ball hokey centre. they asked us to introduce our selfs and if we had a super power what would it be. then they told us to sell oour paretner across from us in liek 30 sec so it wasnt bad. n then sell your self in 1 min or so. got through that n then went for the induction which took like about 2 hours maybe less fairly easy stuff and you get a 20 doller gift voucher. and i havnt started as yet working but they don't only give you 40 min of training. we have a trainning sesion today for lik 3 hours which they teachus every thing wee need to know and it is at the store i am working at after hours when the centre is sposed to close. so it dosnt seem that bad. they were pritty nice and everything so yea not to bad as every one saying. but i could be wrong snice ihavn't started the acculy work yet. ill update later. peace.:music:

ruvskee

HSC
N/A
commenting back on how many shifts and stuff you get um i didnt get very many i got 2 sifts about 3 hours long. i think i spent more on work clothes then i will get payed. work is fun though so if u want to apply for cottotn chirstmas causual apply like october september for it because then your interveiw and all is early and you start way before christmas =] over and out.:hippie:

*So WOnderful*

HSC
ruvskee said:
commenting back on how many shifts and stuff you get um i didnt get very many i got 2 sifts about 3 hours long. i think i spent more on work clothes then i will get payed. work is fun though so if u want to apply for cottotn chirstmas causual apply like october september for it because then your interveiw and all is early and you start way before christmas =] over and out.:hippie:
Um Christmas casuals only work for 3 weeks, you sign a contract saying you'll be available from the 18th of Dec to 4th of Jan, you can't work outside these periods without signing a new casual contract.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
ruvskee said:

lol 3 hour shifts are illegal, buddy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)