Cotton On! Got an interview (1 Viewer)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Cotton on fail, they hired my sister and made he buy their clothes so she could wear then when she worked there, but they never gave her shifts and the manager continually told her, once i get the shifts organised but never did

ruvskee

HSC
N/A
sf_diegoxrock said:
lol 3 hour shifts are illegal, buddy.
Sorry "buddy" I wasn’t counting exactly I said about sorry I didn’t state exactly how many hours I worked I only had a ruff guess just to let u know but for the record I had a 6 hour shift exactly hope that makes you happy

ruvskee

HSC
N/A
*So WOnderful* said:
Um Christmas casuals only work for 3 weeks, you sign a contract saying you'll be available from the 18th of Dec to 4th of Jan, you can't work outside these periods without signing a new casual contract.
Yeah I know that's what I thought was for everybody but when i went to the training night at the store I was working at there was 2 girls that have applied earlier and my boss must called them to come and wokr cause she had there numbers eariler then everybody but they only started a few weeks before us and got maybe 1 or 2 extra shifts

JessDaddy

HSC
Okay, so i got a christmas casual position at one of the newer cotton on branches called 'factorie' and after the induction being assured that i would most definately hear back from them within the next 2 weeks which was stated on my contract (which is almost up anyway) i have not heard a single word back from them and it has been about 4-5 weeks now. Judging by the majority of people's complaints on this site has made me thinking, are they even legally alowed to treat staff like this?
It's bullshit. Way to give me a good impression of the workplace for my first job...

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Okay, so i got a christmas casual position at one of the newer cotton on branches called 'factorie' and after the induction being assured that i would most definately hear back from them within the next 2 weeks which was stated on my contract (which is almost up anyway) i have not heard a single word back from them and it has been about 4-5 weeks now. Judging by the majority of people's complaints on this site has made me thinking, are they even legally alowed to treat staff like this?
It's bullshit. Way to give me a good impression of the workplace for my first job...
Why didn't you try to contact them after the two week period given? That's most certainly what i would have done.
Best hop on the phone and make some calls :p

HSC

AFAIK the cotton on christmas casuals had their last shifts last week, so I doubt that there is much that can be done now.

ItsTimee

HSC
AFAIK the cotton on christmas casuals had their last shifts last week, so I doubt that there is much that can be done now.

I had a great time with Cotton On, got plenty of shifts after the 2 trial shifts, worked plenty of christmas and covered lots of hours for other people and now a permanent employee. Love my job too :D

mrajdadas

HSC
I had a great time with Cotton On, got plenty of shifts after the 2 trial shifts, worked plenty of christmas and covered lots of hours for other people and now a permanent employee. Love my job too :D
i applied for cotton on and i can't even get an interview like wtf NOT EVEN AN INTERVIEW and it's not like they want nerds, im no idiot or person doesn't look after themselves, only thing i don't have is previous experience but that shouldn't really matter

me13

HSC
N/A
hey there
is that the interview at the state netball hockey centre this fri? ill be going :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)