Cotton On! Got an interview (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
SmokedSalmon said:
The one where I was placed to work was really bad... the kitchen area was filthy. And there was nowhere to sit down! I'm sure yours will have far better working conditions. Yeah the induction took like 3 hours for me... *yawn*
I didn't even have an induction at JB Hi-fi... lol they just took me straight to the register after I filled out some paperwork and started working (getting paid as well!).
what store were you at?

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Bumping this with the same question. I'm slowly starting to freak out >_<

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Ooh. I went to Chatswood for the induction, I felt so out of place there - it's extremely rare that I travel over the bridge heh. I'm working at the Hurstville one, they moved across to where Valleygirl used to be, but they're hopeless at decor - it still looks tiny inside. It doesn't seem too busy, which should be good, I just hope I don't get bored. Didn't see anywhere to sit though lol =/

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Haha!! Yeah you will, u'll be picking up clothes off the ground and from the dressing room continously!! And also saying to customers 'hey there, how is ur day today? who are u buying for?' time and time again. Fun times :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
WTF!bbq said:
Ooh. I went to Chatswood for the induction, I felt so out of place there - it's extremely rare that I travel over the bridge heh. I'm working at the Hurstville one, they moved across to where Valleygirl used to be, but they're hopeless at decor - it still looks tiny inside. It doesn't seem too busy, which should be good, I just hope I don't get bored. Didn't see anywhere to sit though lol =/
is the induction place in chatswood easy to find? it's close to the station yeah? i don't think i've ever been to chatswood before.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Wear comfortable shoes, for the love of jebus. That said, it's not actually that far, I just managed to get hopelessly lost about 3 times; they're remodelling Chatswood stn or something so they have a lot of detoury sort of stairs and construction zones... that's my excuse, and I'm stickin to it. But yeah, was not a happy chappy by the time I turned up.

SmokedSalmon said:
Haha!! Yeah you will, u'll be picking up clothes off the ground and from the dressing room continously!! And also saying to customers 'hey there, how is ur day today? who are u buying for?' time and time again. Fun times :)
Eeh! Hahah evil people. People are going to think I'm weird when im like "omg hai gaaais", I'm so un-cotton-on. If they leave clothes on the floor a lot though... :burn:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
WTF!bbq said:
Wear comfortable shoes, for the love of jebus. That said, it's not actually that far, I just managed to get hopelessly lost about 3 times; they're remodelling Chatswood stn or something so they have a lot of detoury sort of stairs and construction zones... that's my excuse, and I'm stickin to it. But yeah, was not a happy chappy by the time I turned up.

Eeh! Hahah evil people. People are going to think I'm weird when im like "omg hai gaaais", I'm so un-cotton-on. If they leave clothes on the floor a lot though... :burn:
lol okay thanks for that, i'll get there early then and leave myself a good 40 minutes or so to find it, knowing my luck i'll get lost for sure. :eek:
thank god i'll be going there from concord, instead of home, as chance would have it. or i'd have to get up so insanely early :s

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i just got a call for a group interview tomorrow in wollongong....i'm kinda iffy about it after reading what you guys've said. should i try hard for the job or just see how it goes tomorrow? i'll probably ask about breaks and pay during question time...anything else you think i should ask about?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ask whether you get paid for the induction. i didnt have the guts to ask that. but after 3 hours and a totally numb butt from sitting on those bloody chairs the whole time i sure hope we do. i'm waiting for a call to tell me when i start working. they asked if i could come to work in hurstville at the induction and i was like what?!?! do you have any idea how far away that is?!?! so yeah make it clear which stores you're willing to work at if they ask you.
oh and it seems like we'll probably be spending half our pay on clothes to wear to work. thank god for a 30% discount.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
yeah, there's only a cotton-on & a cotton-on body in the gong....closest after those would be like hurstville area, and yeah, i doubt they'd get many people agreeing to work that far away.

i guess that's an excuse to get new clothes all the time...and i think 30%'s pretty good, espically when their stuff isnt THAT expensive to start with

i'll probably be too much of a pansy to ask about the induction :eek:

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Damn. If we get paid for the induction that's leet, those chairs were shitty indeed. They're a bit dense about the "I IS BE WORKING HERE NOT THERE" thing by the sounds of it ^___^ I spent $220 the other day getting all my brand new flash work clothes, weee. Tax deductible though, which is cool :) and it isn't too much tbh, it's generally one of the cheaper clothes stores around and they've got some pretty alright stuff. Especially jeans being just ~$50 after the team discount, that's coolies. I do think the breaks thing is majorly big suck, but it doesn't seem to get too busy at the one I'm going to be working in.

Ask if you should be booking your training week at the induction like the paper says you should apparently be (even though nobody in my lot did... weird, unless it's just an outdated practice of theirs or something).
They might not tell you this at the induction - they didn't for me - that normally you can't wear sale items in store unless they're having a massive storewide kinda sale, otherwise you have to wear the full-priced stuff.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
bumping to ask a question. how long did it take from induction to when they called you for your first shift, cause it's been a week and i'm still waiting. maybe they're waiting until my full availability starts to call me. i dont know.

xxPanDa

HSC
they called me yesterday. after they called me i told my friend to register online too, and they called him 5min later!

asking me what interest me to cotton on... what skills i could bring...
i screwed up those Qs >< i didn tknow what to say, took me a while to answer.. she stoped me and said "i put u on the spot havnt i?" and wen on to ask
if i can work at xmas...

she said she will call me today, if they decide to employ me..

i didnt get a call.. i geuss i didnt get the job than = /

about the buying the cotton on clothes thing. cant u just wear ur old cotton on clothes? or do u have to wear the ones selling in store...?

footballstar

HSC
xxPanDa said:
they called me yesterday. after they called me i told my friend to register online too, and they called him 5min later!

asking me what interest me to cotton on... what skills i could bring...
i screwed up those Qs >< i didn tknow what to say, took me a while to answer.. she stoped me and said "i put u on the spot havnt i?" and wen on to ask
if i can work at xmas...

she said she will call me today, if they decide to employ me..

i didnt get a call.. i geuss i didnt get the job than = /

about the buying the cotton on clothes thing. cant u just wear ur old cotton on clothes? or do u have to wear the ones selling in store...?
To all those that have applied to Cotton On, did u guys include a cover letter on ur online application or did u just attach a resume?

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^: ages, as in, i haven't been called for a shift yet, technically. i was called about 5 days later to fill in at another store, but i hadn't done any training, didn't have any cotton on clothes and had a hsc exam the next day, so i declined. i actually went into the store and told the store manager when i could start, last week, and she hadnt called D: so i went into store today, and seeing as they've moved spots in the shopping centre there's lots of organising stuff to still be done, so she can't train the people who have no retail experience yet (i.e. me and a few others). try going into the store, introducing yourself to the store manager and asking about the roster :) did you get a christmas or permanent casual position?

xxPanDa: as for the clothes, they want you to wear current stock from your "home" store for advertising reasons, the exception is if you're filling in a shift at another store i think. but yeah, the discount's there so you keep buying relatively new lines, which is good and bad because on the one hand, you always have new stuff in your wardrobe, and on the other hand some days the whole shop looks like it's had an attack of the uglies.

footballstar: Just a resumé in my case.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
thanks for that, i was really starting to worry :s i got a christmas casual position...i hope they're just waiting till next week when my full availability starts, coz right now i've got exams and shiz so my availability is a bit dodgy till then. i might go into the store like you said, seeing as how it doesnt seem to exist according to the westfield website (i went there to try and get a ph number for the store). i know it exists, ive seen it, but it must be new coz its not listed anywhere even on the cotton on site.

pauralotter

HSC
ohh is anyone here doing the group interview tomorrow at blacktown for cotton on? they called me just b4 and im so nervous, cos i have no experience and im a really shy person! im applying for xmas casuals at penrith, any one else? any advice?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
pauralotter said:
ohh is anyone here doing the group interview tomorrow at blacktown for cotton on? they called me just b4 and im so nervous, cos i have no experience and im a really shy person! im applying for xmas casuals at penrith, any one else? any advice?
i got hired as a christmas casual for penrith. the group interview was easy as. i dont know if all the activities are always the same, but going off mine, make sure you know your own birthday and can talk for 30 seconds or less about why you'd be good for the job. oh, and sit next to someone friendly 'cause you're going to be talking to them a lot. and you have to tell everyone what your favourite band is, and why. oh and brush up on your sign language. it's easy, unless you're retarded or never available you should get hired. good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)