• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

could a movie trailer be used as a physical journey text???? (1 Viewer)

le danser

HSC
could a movie trailer be used as a physical journey text???? was thinking motorcycle diaries trailer. still got techniques, dialogue, music, contrast, stuff like that. so could it be used as a text??

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
le danser said:
could a movie trailer be used as a physical journey text???? was thinking motorcycle diaries trailer. still got techniques, dialogue, music, contrast, stuff like that. so could it be used as a text??
No. You need to use exposition - recounting the events of the narrative - to convey your points about physical journeys. Trailers don't have exposition in them because if you spend the two minutes telling potential audiences what happened before the film, no-one will want to watch it. You need something substantial to work with, so you're best to have something that goes for two hours as opposed to two minutes.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yep

But why not use the whole film? You'll be able to develop your ideas more.

krystalrenee

HSC
As an English teacher I let my class use movie trailers. They are a valid text to use. Just make sure that you mention that the type of text is an advertisement and that the purpose is to pursuade the audience. Dont listen to everyone else they don't know what they are talking about...a movie trailer is fine.
Goodluck

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
krystalrenee said:
As an English teacher I let my class use movie trailers. They are a valid text to use. Just make sure that you mention that the type of text is an advertisement and that the purpose is to pursuade the audience. Dont listen to everyone else they don't know what they are talking about...a movie trailer is fine.
Goodluck
I would agree, considering a cover for "Ivory Trail" was one of the Journeys stimulus book texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)