Count down to the SC (1 Viewer)

Destiny101

HSC
Aargh [OMG] - SC getting closer...so scary! LOL

So who is studying like a FREAK? Anyone worried?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Destiny101 said:

Pfft, No, im doing quite alot of SC preperation and revision at school. I shouldnt need to have to study much. But i might to a few more past papers.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Destiny101 said:

LOL not worried at all. I'm on BOS all the time trying to eradicate the boredom!

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Just started studying for science :p I think I'm f*cked for geography though. I don't have the slightest clue about any "Australian Community and changes within it" which will most probably be in the test. That's not all I know, but I would say that would be the hardest question to bullsh*t on?

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
About that ^^ I'd appreciate notes on an Australian Community x]

P

pLuvia

I've got heaps of notes on Aust Community, and I got 20/20 for it, the proudest thing I have got for geo ahhaha

47sniper

HSC
N/A
They havn't given us assignments for weeks...we're all doing revision in class. We've finished the syllabus for most subjects.
I'm studying for history, science and a bit of maths. I don't really care about geography, It's bloody easy to bullshit it anyway. I'll study English when I have time, It's just techniques and stuff.

It's also my birthday on Friday, stupid school c is ruining my party plans :(

klaw

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
im probably only going to do light revision only

im really not caring about the SC, i just done the HSC 2u maths exam

THAT was hard

the SC is nothing compared to that
wow you're in year 10 doing accelerated 2U HSC course?

foreva

HSC
hmmm
i think i should study for it, being only 3 days away but end of term is sooo near
i don't think i'll do bad if i don't study (bands 4-5s??) but i reckon i could do better
*sigh* this happens every year, i give up working right about now
so what should i do to get motivated?? any ideas??

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Woah, I can't believe people are studying for this thing, let alone more than 2 days before it!

I'm actually looking forward to it - I'm looking forward to putting the Geography answer space to good use and writing a half-decent rant about why the subject is pointless, and why all geography teachers are fascists.

The people that are going to leave school are the ones that'll do crap in the SC anyway, why are they taking away 2 whole days of my life for something that will have no bearing on what I do in the future?

I learnt all the life skills I'll ever need by year 6, and year 12 is the only year of my schooling life that will matter (i.e. getting into uni, which isn't even entirely true because I can always take a year or 5 off and come back to uni at a later date. Even then I won't be doing a communications degree because I want to be a journalist, but because it interests me. I'll finish the degree and then go to TAFE and become an apprentice chef and then work my way up and open a fully sick restaurant.).

13 years of schooling for nothing. Why does it matter so much?

Why do so many people give a damn about the SC?

[/endrant]

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
!Solskjaer!, you are so grounded and well-informed for a Year 10 student that it scares me. Good luck for the future, you and the rest of the SC 2005'ers.

I_F

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm when I did the SC, I didn't even study lmao.

Seriously though, the only thing you do need to study (and that's only if you want your sc looking good) is your history and citzenship. I didn't study for it, and still got 96 for maths, 93 for english, 89 for science and 81 for history respectively...

If anyone requires like specific help for sc, feel free to ask...

The SC is only useful if you intend to use it at TAFE or jobs or apprenticeships. But if you intend to head into uni, don't worry about the SC its just a kind of preparation exam.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You know what, i wish the hsc was easy as the sc, and i dream on... :D

foreva

HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Woah, I can't believe people are studying for this thing, let alone more than 2 days before it!

I'm actually looking forward to it - I'm looking forward to putting the Geography answer space to good use and writing a half-decent rant about why the subject is pointless, and why all geography teachers are fascists.

[/endrant]

hmmm
you would be pretty stupid to do it
the teachers get it back. if you bitch about it or them, they'll know
someone did it a couple of years ago at my school and the had a long talk with our principle

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
i didnt even touch a book, i got band 4's and a very high band 5. 88% in history, 1 mark of a band 6 =(

that was after a year of 'your all going to fail sc, dont bother going to yr 11 its much harder"

47sniper

HSC
N/A
anita_wax said:
i didnt even touch a book, i got band 4's and a very high band 5. 88% in history, 1 mark of a band 6 =(

that was after a year of 'your all going to fail sc, dont bother going to yr 11 its much harder"
LOL :D
Our teachers have been doing that all year. They're always getting guest speakers from companies and TAFE in careers class talking to us about how hard it's going to be and how most people drop out and how you should go out and get a job while you still can :\

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
47sniper said:
LOL :D
Our teachers have been doing that all year. They're always getting guest speakers from companies and TAFE in careers class talking to us about how hard it's going to be and how most people drop out and how you should go out and get a job while you still can :\
well i actually liked yr 11 and 12, much different compared with other years (well i went to a yr 7-10 school then a 11&12 only school)
you definatly notice the work change in yr 11. but good times.....

our school was terrible with marking in yr 10. highest in our class for history for the trial was like 60% i got 54% one of 3 people who passed in our class (was still a D+ lol) and the teacher was like "you might go ok in the writing bit same with blah blah but the rest of you either go real hard or literally you life is over"

BLAH i enjoyed modern history in 9&10 dunno why i didnt do it in 11&12 :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)