Count down to the SC (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Rekkusu said:
don't worry about the SC its just a kind of preparation exam.
Prep for what? Most of it felt like yr8 work- except Hist which was stuff we learnt in yr10, and Sci which covered work over the last 4 yrs. Although I didn't go that well as I could've (rofl.. got a couple Band5s >_>), it does show one thing- there's no guarantee you'll get a Band6 in the SC.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Good luck guys!

make sure u sleep well before the exams

Don't stress!...

and most importantly, If u feel the exam is really difficult compared to past papers (if uve done past papers), remeber, everyone in the state feels the same way about the exam ...

In 2003 when i did the school certificate

I was kind of worried after and during the exam as i didnt answer 10 marks due to me being slow at maths!

My teacher wrote solutions to the SC test after the exam, and so i marked my answers from her solutions, My mark was approx. 76%

guess what I got when the results came out???..... I got 84%..... not too flashy, but i was excited as i didnt know they played around with SC results, i thought that just happened in yr 12...

and im pritty sure i got in the mid 70's for science, but ended up with 82% once the results came out

anyway, Good luck

and for maths, always end ur answers with a statement

for example: "Clarissa earns $5000 after 10 yrs" (band 5/6 response)

rather than leaving ur answer as "$5000" (prolly a band 3/4 response)

that extra bit of writing is prolly what got me the 84%!

HSC
physician said:
make sure u sleep well before the exams
does that mean it was bad for me to get up at 5:15am this morning to watch the trinations rugby league? (australia vs great britain; yay we won!!)

lol, i went to bed after it though, and slept in a bit :D

physician

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
does that mean it was bad for me to get up at 5:15am this morning to watch the trinations rugby league? (australia vs great britain; yay we won!!)

lol, i went to bed after it though, and slept in a bit :D

hehe, i slept at 4:30 a.m today. Well ur exams are tmrw, so make sure u sleep well tonight!!!

Ive given advice that i didnt follow myslef for the HSC, but as for the school ceritifcate, i Dont see the need to stay up late (studying.. and definately not bludging hehe)... u'll need to be focused for all the multiple choice questions, U will suffer greatly if u dont get more than 4 hours sleep at LEEEEEEEEEAST!.... but u should get 8 in my opinion.

For the HSC i only had 2 hours sleep before chemistry. The mutliple choice section was horrifying as there were 1 or 2 questions that rquired a fair bit of concentration and reading, but since i was dead tired, I took a guess as i hadnt the energy to read the question... as for u, ur gonna be answering something like 45 mutliple choice for english and about 50 for science (I cant remeber the exact amount, it was soooooooo long ago lol)

Alot of the multiple choice is based on simple logic, in order to think logically u will definately need a good amount of sleep!...

Good luck!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
But the rugby was on. Viva le France?

As for you little SCers. Who cares? Are you intending to go to tafe next year?

There were at lkeast 50 or 60 guys who got 5 band 6's, but does anybody remeber them? No.

I got 99 in the SC Maths - but does anyone care? Yes, me.

Who cares. Last year we had a camp on the Wednesday, Th, Fri following the sCS, so no one really gave a fuck.

If you guys have placement exams for next years extension courses though, try your best in the placement exams.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Although going well in SC gives you something 'extra' to put on cadetship/scholarship application forms (since they are there before you get your HSC results).

Don't worry too much about SC- as Bookie said, noone cares. Sure you might get a few chuckles if you go really shit, but within a day, people forget about it. The only exam which I'd be worried about is Science because they can ask you stuff which you end up thinking "oh crap i remember studying that in yr7... but I've forgotten it now" >_> Beats me which joker came up with the idea of asking material which spans 4 years of Science.

physician

HSC
The school certificate however, will be of importance if ur planning to change schools next yr..maybe thats something u guys should consider!... also some schools (most) place u in yr 11 advanced/standard classes according to ur SC results for english

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Bookie said:
But the rugby was on. Viva le France?

As for you little SCers. Who cares? Are you intending to go to tafe next year?

There were at lkeast 50 or 60 guys who got 5 band 6's, but does anybody remeber them? No.

I got 99 in the SC Maths - but does anyone care? Yes, me.

Who cares. Last year we had a camp on the Wednesday, Th, Fri following the sCS, so no one really gave a fuck.

If you guys have placement exams for next years extension courses though, try your best in the placement exams.
i went to sleep @ 2.30am and set alarm for 7am to be dissapointed :(

alarms are terrible things, havent woken up that early since maths exam 3 weeks ago

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Bookie said:
7am for the rugby?

I didnt even know it was on. But to my surprise, it was. How good looking are the French guys eh?
yeah i do admit some of them are hot. i was perving a bit during the game :p

7th Sign

HSC
dont walk into the exam thinking its nothing people who say shit liek that are just nerds who are trying to sound hard...

At my school if you didnt get above 80% in the science exam they didnt let you do physics....

So just think is it worth not trying...

true the exams are easy but really try your best dont act like its nothing!

good luck

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Of course I'll try, I mean, I don't want band 2s...

I'm not going to act as if my life depends on it either...

HSC
!Solskjaer! said:

hahaha! thats a good way to look at it!! :D

klaw

HSC
!Solskjaer! said:

It's impossible to get band 2s unless you deliberately screw it up :)

gosh

good luck

best of luck to all the year 10s doing their school certificate tommorow
dont worry, you'll all be fine ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)