Countdown Until Hand In (1 Viewer)

Jezzakar

HSC
With a week left until due date, how are we feeling? Are you prepared or do you still have a lot of work left to do? How do you think you'll feel on the day?

For me, I'm a bundle of nerves. My story is completed and edited but my reflection statement is in bits and it needs to sound smarter. That's this weekend's plan. I know I'll cry on the day. Regardless of how well it turns out or how prepared I feel, I know I'm gunna cry. My friend and I who do the subject have both decided that we will have absolutely no concentration in any classes on the day and that we will basically just sit staring at walls.

My story is like my baby. How many of you feel like this about your major works?

HSC
Jezzakar said:
My story is like my baby.
My story is also like my baby, it's scrawny, annoying and poorly written...only a week until i can give up this thing for adoption

Supervacuo

HSC
My story is my baby too!!
I don't want to let it go.. ever... or my journal..
Do we get our journals back?

I hope we do.

HSC
Supervacuo said:
My story is my baby too!!
I don't want to let it go.. ever... or my journal..
Do we get our journals back?

I hope we do.
Yep, you do

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I feel like I'm giving a part of myself to some greasy old person to criticise and judge.

=<

GET FREE

HSC
I haven't even started my reflection statement yet. And my story is complete, but I'm not happy with it so I keep fiddling with phrases and quotes.

My class has until Tuesday to get everything in. I can't remember where I left my journal.

And no, I'm actually not too attatched to my work. I thought I'd be mega proud with it, but I'm not really feeling a sense of achievement. I just sort of feel bored and deflated.

Rfelt110191

HSC
I'm getting my short story bound tomoz :) Does ne1 actually know how it needs to be set out... i.e. like what should be on the title page/ student numbers etc.? (I kinda shoulda found that out b4 the weekend lol!)

Jezzakar

HSC
i was just told today that because my teacher only works mon tues and wed that we have to have it in on wednesday as apposed to the friday that we were previously told. i am ready to kill things. i still have to get my reflection done, do all the double space (which, is it d.s between lines or words???), and whatever else we have to do and like a billion journal entries. the teacher wasnt even at school today!
growl.
once more, double spacing between lines or words? whats the other fancy stuff? do we need title page and student number? i havent been given my student number so thats slightly problematic. help anyone?

HSC
Jezzakar said:
i was just told today that because my teacher only works mon tues and wed that we have to have it in on wednesday as apposed to the friday that we were previously told. i am ready to kill things. i still have to get my reflection done, do all the double space (which, is it d.s between lines or words???), and whatever else we have to do and like a billion journal entries. the teacher wasnt even at school today!
growl.
once more, double spacing between lines or words? whats the other fancy stuff? do we need title page and student number? i havent been given my student number so thats slightly problematic. help anyone?
Double spacing between lines, there's an option on MS Word, highlight everything and set it to 2.0

You need a cover page with your Student Number and Centre Number and the title of your work..

umm and you need to have page numbers i think

Anyways good luck =]

not.addie

HSC
ahhh crap i did 1.5 spacing.
here goes another tree

my school hasn't made this major work a big deal; probably since there are only three people in the class. I went up to my teacher two days ago telling her that I had finished all my final drafts, and her parting words were 'Oh, good.' It made me lose all my enthusiasm haha
We just have to hand everything on Friday morning, right before the Modern History trial. Awesomeeeee

Hysterik

HSC
I just did the final draft of my reflection statement... my story is edited except for one 300 word section I haven't written yet.... at all! The intricacies of it are doing my head in a little!! I've written the whole thing in the past three weeks. It's all double spaced, 35 pages long! :jaw:

Jezzakar

HSC
we've got 3 people in my class, all majorly different stories (mines introspective, another is speculative and the third is scifi (i think). it would very much help if our mentor (who we did not choose) was ever at school. we are supposed to have it all in tomorrow because she doesnt work thursday or friday (told yesterday!!) but, the past two days she hasnt been at school so theres been no last minute help! my extension one teacher has basically become my ext two mentor.
anyway, querie. for the reflection statement, are quotes included in the word count? this includes quotes of others, as well as the quotes of your own work (excerpts and such). the word count is killing me so anyone who can give me good news on this front would be much appreciated.

Arsenic

Rogue Assassin
HSC
Jezzakar said:
With a week left until due date, how are we feeling? Are you prepared or do you still have a lot of work left to do? How do you think you'll feel on the day?

For me, I'm a bundle of nerves. My story is completed and edited but my reflection statement is in bits and it needs to sound smarter. That's this weekend's plan. I know I'll cry on the day. Regardless of how well it turns out or how prepared I feel, I know I'm gunna cry. My friend and I who do the subject have both decided that we will have absolutely no concentration in any classes on the day and that we will basically just sit staring at walls.

My story is like my baby. How many of you feel like this about your major works?
Do you need counselling? A small amount of psychoanalysis? Just think, that day is going to be horrible... but what about the large chunk of time between submission and the receiving of marks, hmm? I do believe the walls will blush.

I will be handing it in and wondering, wondering, wondering. I am quite sure I will arrive home and go over my story and think, 'I should have changed that. That needs to go there... what is that?!' and promptly call myself an idiot.

Jezzakar said:
i was just told today that because my teacher only works mon tues and wed that we have to have it in on wednesday as apposed to the friday that we were previously told. i am ready to kill things...quote]

That almost happened to me today. Frightened quite a few people with a menacing glare, but I sure set that teacher straight. It is horrible, no, the dread pooling like tar in your gut? But the anger, the fury, so exhilarating! Impunity is no longer merely a word, but personified in pumping blood, beating heart and clenched fists!

Jezzakar said:
anyway, querie. for the reflection statement, are quotes included in the word count? this includes quotes of others, as well as the quotes of your own work (excerpts and such). the word count is killing me so anyone who can give me good news on this front would be much appreciated.
Yes, they are. For any of the written submissions, quotes or the like are included in the word count. Cruel, but true.

And yes, at the bottom of each page, bar the title page, page numbers must be clearly visible. Personally, I think the student number should be in the top right corner, too, in case a desk is overturned or the papers scattered in the chaos that is HSC marking. What will they do with a bunch of numbers, then? My, they may actually have to read!

Can anyone verify this? Is it allowed, or encouraged, or discouraged, etc. and so forth, to put the student number on each page?

Think of your children.

Last edited:

Arsenic

Rogue Assassin
HSC
Right. I will be laughing when an iceberg falls on your miserable body or you are burned by the sun, you and your little chicken body with spindly legs. You will be a roast chicken. What a lovely existence.

Jezzakar

HSC
must very much agree with the question about the student number. im up to the whole 'make everything fancy' part right now and i dont really want to fight with my computer to make headers if i dont have to. should i or not? dont leave me in suspense here!

Jezzakar

HSC
ok. i did it. semi mass head explosion. i have another question. (i only ask here because my teacher has been away and left us high and dry so i dont have a clue)
What size font should the front page be. should it be all in the centre? am i stressing too much?

Major Mathers

HSC
humglish said:
Try 40!

he he he.

I hate trees!

SO I WILL KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try 46, I went over just a little bit.

Little bit=1700words

I am pretty sure that I have finished my main work, but my reflection statement is still coming together and needs some serious editing.

Good luck, everybody else!

Jezzakar

HSC
gah. struggling to conclude my reflection statement. im already 38 words over the limit (ooo rebel) and im confused as to how to end it! kill, killing, killed! EXPLOSION

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)