Cramming success stories? (1 Viewer)

knxd

HSC
OK idk how the fuck this happened, but I didnt even actually put in an effort with this, I had my english belonging exam today (basically HSC paper 1 eng adv) and I had nothing yesterday, I wrote up a story and essay quickly and just read what I wrote a couple of times and was like "fuck it, I probs wont remember tomorrow. I suck at this cramming stuff." nek minnit, 12 pages in english exam, compared to average 6 or 7 for all my friends. Lawl. I somewhow remembered my entire essay as well as my entire creative. Somehow. Without even specifically roting it. I must have photographic memory or some shiz. Lawl jks just a fluke of associative memory i guess.
holy shit, this has happened to me aswell, multiple times

i read the the essay about 10 times, then go to bed

nek minit

i wake up and i can read the whole essay word-to-word

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Prelim Exams:
Didn't do jack all year in any of my subjects with the exception of Modern History (wrote notes).

Nek minit

Came first with 98%+ in everything with the exception of:
Modern History: 89% (8/16)

Proves that cramming is highly effective. /infalliblelogic.

Year 12:

- Found out about my EE2 Viva Voce the day before it was scheduled. Still hadn't written anything/come up with a solid storyline or concept. Bullshitted, ended up writing 4,000 words the night before. Got 20/20. One of the markers is an EE2 Senior Marker LOLOL.

- Belonging Paper 1: Wrote dat creative/essay the night before. Couldn't motivate myself to memorise it. Memorised quotes. Got 98% (This was really luck because my quotes related directly to the question) and the stimulus was some generic ass picture that could easily seen as the basis of my story.

Half Yearlies:
(I've missed like 50% of lessons this term due to family related issues)
- English: Memorised quotes cos I ceebs'd anything else. Essay was some weird shit speech with specified context/audience. Still got 15/15, dem use of speech techniques: rhetoricals, exclamation, zomg.
- Legal Studies: Crammed my ass off the night before and woke up at 5am on the morning of the exam. 94%

Cram smarter not harder! Understand the rubric. Memorise some, familiarise with most... then tell yourself you won't ever leave things to the last minute ever again even though you know you will.

Okashi

HSC
Prelim Exams:
Didn't do jack all year in any of my subjects with the exception of Modern History (wrote notes).

Nek minit

Came first with 98%+ in everything with the exception of:
Modern History: 89% (8/16)

Proves that cramming is highly effective. /infalliblelogic.

Year 12:

- Found out about my EE2 Viva Voce the day before it was scheduled. Still hadn't written anything/come up with a solid storyline or concept. Bullshitted, ended up writing 4,000 words the night before. Got 20/20. One of the markers is an EE2 Senior Marker LOLOL.

- Belonging Paper 1: Wrote dat creative/essay the night before. Couldn't motivate myself to memorise it. Memorised quotes. Got 98% (This was really luck because my quotes related directly to the question) and the stimulus was some generic ass picture that could easily seen as the basis of my story.

Half Yearlies:
(I've missed like 50% of lessons this term due to family related issues)
- English: Memorised quotes cos I ceebs'd anything else. Essay was some weird shit speech with specified context/audience. Still got 15/15, dem use of speech techniques: rhetoricals, exclamation, zomg.
- Legal Studies: Crammed my ass off the night before and woke up at 5am on the morning of the exam. 94%

Cram smarter not harder! Understand the rubric. Memorise some, familiarise with most... then tell yourself you won't ever leave things to the last minute ever again even though you know you will.
Woah. Motivated to keep cramming. What a legend....

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
iill give this thread an update after my mid sems, just for this thread ill start studying the day before them, see how it goes.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
ITT: People/person attempting to make themselves feel better about the fact that they're cramming.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Ancient history cram story:

for mid yearlies, I had literally studied nothing at all...nothing. I had a casual teacher for a term because my main history teacher was sick so i literally paid no attention in class also.

Long story short, 2hr half yearly, had studied nothing at all. bludged through 2 topics.
exam was at 1:55pm...the night before I went to bed at 10pm in hopes of getting up early and cramming.
Got up at 11am... crammed 2 whole topics in 2 hours...
got 52/55

But that's because my BS skills are unbelievably awesome, and not everyone can do it lol... if this was a bio exam, however, I would've been absolutely obliterated and probably failed miserably.

you can do it, but not everyone can do it and get away with it

PS. I also had no notes, so i used the notes from BOS lol

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

for mid yearlies, I had literally studied nothing at all...nothing. I had a casual teacher for a term because my main history teacher was sick so i literally paid no attention in class also.

Long story short, 2hr half yearly, had studied nothing at all. bludged through 2 topics.
exam was at 1:55pm...the night before I went to bed at 10pm in hopes of getting up early and cramming.
got 52/55

But that's because my BS skills are unbelievably awesome, and not everyone can do it lol... if this was a bio exam, however, I would've been absolutely obliterated and probably failed miserably.

I'm able to bs heaps, i think it is mainly the humanity subjects where you can get away with it.

Nataliexu

HSC
wrote my mod C essay the night before trials. managed to successfully write it the next day, along with mod A. and thesis of mod B cos im doing poems

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

got 52/55

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Posting here and not even reading the above posts

I don't need any more motivation to procrastinate

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Posting here and not even reading the above posts

I don't need any more motivation to procrastinate
hahahaha, tbh all of bos is just motivation to procrastinate.

You would think that being around high achieving students would motivate you, but in reality it does the opposite (for me).

Bobbo1

HSC
LOL, cramming doesn't work guys! Start studying now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)