Creatine, Should I take it pre or post workout? (1 Viewer)

Twickel

HSC
Hi
Im going to start taking Creatine sometime this week, im just wondering wheter I should take it pre or post workout.

Also some people suggest taking it with juices that contain a certain type of carbs, I just want to take it with water it that ok?

BreezerD

HSC
Take a teaspoon every morning when you wake up in some form of carb drink ie fruit juice, milk, cordial, whatever

Twickel

HSC
So after loading, I take it in the morning?
and in cordial its fine, thats alright then.

Why do some say post or straight after the workout though.

Also, which brand should I get and which store in Sydney.

BreezerD

HSC
So after loading, I take it in the morning?
and in cordial its fine, thats alright then.

Why do some say post or straight after the workout though.

Also, which brand should I get and which store in Sydney.
Recent studies say you don't even need to load.

Some say post-workout because your body goes into an anabolic state post-workout, which means that it will take up nutrients more readily. Your body does the same thing with your first meal in the morning, because it's been catabolic overnight as it used all of the nutrients in your stomach overnight.

You can do it post-workout on workout days, I always do it in the morning just for the convenience.

Brand doesn't matter, just whichever is the cheapest, but make sure you get plain ol' Creatine Monohydrate in powder form and not any of those other fancy things. If you go to Mr Vitamin you should be able to get a year's supply (500g-1kg) for $25-$75 depending on what's on special. Basically just ask for their cheapest Creatine Monohydrate.

Twickel

HSC
Ok I got the muscle tech creatine and on the label it says take 30mins before workout.

Dang... dont know what to do lol.

What are the pros and cons of taking it pre or post workout?

Twickel

HSC
Worst tasting stuff ever, You know whats crap, half of it settles and I dont get half of it.

How do you get yours to dissolve?

BreezerD

HSC
Ok I got the muscle tech creatine and on the label it says take 30mins before workout.

Dang... dont know what to do lol.

What are the pros and cons of taking it pre or post workout?
You are overthinking things. Just ingest a teaspoon of it every day, I don't care when.

I don't get it to dissolve, it's more like suspending it in the last bit of drink by swishing my glass around then drinking that :)

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Yeah take it whenever, it doesn't matter. I think it just maintains your creatine level. Aye, but why did you buy muscle tech? That's like full of crap isn't it? Go Vitamin King and get Creatine Monohydrate without all that crap added.
Oh and make sure you drink heaps of water.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Why don't you use dat dere celltech? Shit's the bomb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)