creative writing (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Why? So you can memorise it and go into the exam with someone else's piece?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
well you shouldnt have left it till the last second

do yr own work, arab.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
^ That would have been my next point. It would be called plagiarism otherwise and I'd be severly pissed off if someone used my short story because he was a lazy bastard and instead of doing his own story, attempted to scrimp one off me.

RiCkiE

HSC
I've had that done to me heaps :mad1: this one guy has salvaged parts of one of my stories so many times...

kathrynso

HSC
I wrote one whole story in one night. Sure the quality wasn't there but I thought it was pretty good lol. I shall remember everyone that "being well prepared" for english is so good.
I experimented with different things this year with english. Prepared and not prepared and tried to fluke it. I saw the difference.

I don't think you would like it if someone "borrowed" your story and used it for themselves.
But good luck anyways. I'm sure you can think of something.

hkgirl

HSC
it's not that hard to write a story, if you can write a short story within exam time, which is like 40mins, i'm sure you have time tonight to write a short story on change, not one, maybe 2 or 3! just sleep on less hour :p

if you can't think of anything to write, write about life experiences, growing up, the MOST basic thing, CHANGE IS EVERYWHERE, an egg changing into a chicken! a baby growing up to be a man! a dog learning how to pee properly! changing from rebellious to a nerd.

everything and everywhere, just choose a topic you can think of heaps to write and stop thinking and just WRITE.

L

littlewing69

abu-mahmoud said:
does any one have a good peice of creative writing on change that they can give me plz

thankyou
Don't be such a pussy. Just write a freaking story.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
hkgirl said:
it's not that hard to write a story, if you can write a short story within exam time, which is like 40mins, i'm sure you have time tonight to write a short story on change, not one, maybe 2 or 3! just sleep on less hour :p

if you can't think of anything to write, write about life experiences, growing up, the MOST basic thing, CHANGE IS EVERYWHERE, an egg changing into a chicken! a baby growing up to be a man! a dog learning how to pee properly! changing from rebellious to a nerd.

everything and everywhere, just choose a topic you can think of heaps to write and stop thinking and just WRITE.
Er, avoid the cliche like the proverbial. It's what separates the good from the simply mediocre. And writing a short story in an hour is also a touch foolish if you're going in with a prepared answer because the first draft is rarely your best. Don't be afraid to do something a little different; I completely removed my main character's ability to talk in a short story that I entered in the university competition and placed fourth with it. Flashbacks are always popular, but you can experiment with in media res, a technique which literally translates as "in the middle of things". In other words, you start your story halfway through and selectively tell the backstory as you got to drive the story forward.

Remember, short stories are generally about events as opposed to characters, but if you can make one that is character-driven, you're halfway there.

Kabbasi

HSC
breaking said:
well you shouldnt have left it till the last second

do yr own work, arab.
Look, I agree that they should do their own work. But don't you dare criticize somebody based on their race. Maybe because I'm of 'middle eastern appearance' too, or maybe because it's just plain offensive.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Kabbasi said:
Look, I agree that they should do their own work. But don't you dare criticize somebody based on their race. Maybe because I'm of 'middle eastern appearance' too, or maybe because it's just plain offensive.
Wow, i didnt notice that. Kabbasi is right, thats just low.

vorahk

HSC
true,

lmao, you all "owned" this bos "newbie" lol, but then again, he did deserve it.

and theres no point sharing some tips with him coz hes not replying, i dont think he cares either.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
if ya need creative writin piece, i got one, i dno if iz exactly for change, but mayb itll be gud nuff

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
wow check out the hate.. creative writing is easy buddy, just have an idea about what the story is going to be about so it doesnt turn into however many pages of drivel =) as for working change in, maybe write it about the perspective of a man looking back on his childhood and how the divorce of his parents changed his life? or death of a friend even. not too hard at all :>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)