Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ok paj, just quit while you're still slightly ahead. the indians may have appealed because they genuinely thought it got the edge. it is very different when the batsman lies and stands around when he's knicked it, because he knows.

i think a lot has to do with india's approach to this series. before they landed here they've made a point to be aggressive and give it back to the aussies. that is NOT how you play the aussies in their own backyard. aggression in the style of play, yes. back chatting and carrying on with a dominant side, no. so when they get a few things going against them, they resort to the one thing they know will work - to hold the icc and the game as hostage and get what they want. it will come as no surprise to me if singh successfully appeals. soon they'd demand aust to pick a 2nd string team so they can have a realistic chance.

umpiring errors have been part of the game since the break of dawn, why have they carried on like this? so what if singh gets a 3 match ban? he may have said something he regrets and that does NOT immediately classify him as a racist. darren lehnman called a sri lankan bowler a 'black cock', gets suspended, he apologised, no one is calling him a racist and the world keeps on spinning. it is all a small part of the big picture.

all in all, i just feel that india can't hack the loses and just trying to find excuses to soften the blow.

Last edited:

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Paj20 said:
How can you say they were out?? Did they umpire give them outt?? im sure they were alot closer and had alot better view then you..
sorry i didn't make this clear, looking at replays ponting was out, however probably was too close to call by the umpire.

symonds on the other hand was out:

"I was very lucky," Symonds conceded. "I was out when I was 30 given not out. That's cricket, though. I can sit here and tell you about some bad decisions as well, but I won't.

and they have been ripping into murali and other asian countries years before they questioned lee and tait's actions.

Last edited:

Muz4PM

HSC
I think this entire drama is about India letting go of some frustration that has accrued. It must have knocked the wind out of their sails that they lost in the final fifteen minutes of the match. They have a right to be annoyed about some of the umpiring decisions, Dravid’s seconding innings dismissal and especially Symonds’ nick in the first innings, but for anyone to call any of the Australians cheats is incorrect.

Symonds knew he nicked it, you don’t swivel your head around like he did if you missed it. However, he was not out, the umpire’s finger did not go up, therefore he is not out, but I think to call him a cheat is wrong. He just accepted the umpire’s decision, there is no rule stating YOU MUST WALK.

Harbijan did make a racist comment, I am not sure why anyone is choosing to defend it, it is wrong, he should be suspended and he should apologise, nothing more should be made of it. Just like the Lehmann comment, he was wrong to do it, and was rightly punished for it. The questions raised about Ponting’s catch and Clarke’s catch I think are just the Indians letting off steam about the frustration of the loss. If we remember, everyone thought Johnson had a wicket, caught by Ponting in the second innings, but Ponting admitted it didn’t carry.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
You guys should write a book. Racism and How To Be an Apologist For It by Indian Cricket Fans everywhere.

Chapter 1: Why Brown People Cannot be Racist no matter what.
Chapter 2: How to Pretend it's Not Racist in Your Culture.
Chapter 3: How to Point Out The Real Racist is the Person that's been slurred against.
Chapter 4: Cry Sook and Winge about How You've Been Made a Scapegoat: A 10 point Guide.
I'm thinking of a fifth chapter too, actually.

Chapter 5: Did it even actually happen? A bonus chapter written by David Irving (not available in EU editions).

Paj20

HSC
Muz4PM said:
I think this entire drama is about India letting go of some frustration that has accrued. It must have knocked the wind out of their sails that they lost in the final fifteen minutes of the match. They have a right to be annoyed about some of the umpiring decisions, Dravid’s seconding innings dismissal and especially Symonds’ nick in the first innings, but for anyone to call any of the Australians cheats is incorrect.

Symonds knew he nicked it, you don’t swivel your head around like he did if you missed it. However, he was not out, the umpire’s finger did not go up, therefore he is not out, but I think to call him a cheat is wrong. He just accepted the umpire’s decision, there is no rule stating YOU MUST WALK.

Harbijan did make a racist comment, I am not sure why anyone is choosing to defend it, it is wrong, he should be suspended and he should apologise, nothing more should be made of it. Just like the Lehmann comment, he was wrong to do it, and was rightly punished for it. The questions raised about Ponting’s catch and Clarke’s catch I think are just the Indians letting off steam about the frustration of the loss. If we remember, everyone thought Johnson had a wicket, caught by Ponting in the second innings, but Ponting admitted it didn’t carry.
well saidd....

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
While the media continues to spout moral outrage at Australia’s behaviour during the second test, India’s complaint against Brad Hogg for racism has garnered far less attention. In what cynics claim is an act of pure revenge for the Australian’s protest against Harbhajan Singh, India has made an official complaint after Hogg said that “I can't wait to run through you bastards.”"

Wow India, cause 'bastard' is totally racist.

Muz4PM

HSC
Agreed WOAF, it is just a gimmick my the Indians to try and grab some revenge. I am sure that there is alot worse things muttered on a cricket field than 'bastard' and no one has taken offence to that before.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
^ like how one of our former wickies called someone a 'fat unfit cunt'?

the fact is, australia's popularity not only hasn't declined, most other countries admire the way the aussies play cricket, so much so they hire our ex players as coaches. india being the pioneers in this aspect with the employment of greg chappelle (but is now sacked). along with pakistan (geoff lawson), sri lanka (trevor bayliss).

there is no delying about it. everyone wants to play like the aussies, although sometimes rough and not-so-friendly on the field, they do win matches, and that's more than one can say about most teams going around.

now let's get over this rubbish 'controversy' and let's play some cricket!!! before i hurt somebody!

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
In other news, Sehwag has just gone berzerk in the tour match and cracked a ton of 70 balls

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Iain Payten of The Daily Telegraph said:
Harbhajan Singh's racial abuse case took a bizarre twist with claims Andrew Symonds had misinterpreted a derogatory Punjabi phrase which sounded like "monkey"

The tourists are now expected to argue at Harbhajan's appeal hearing that he called Symonds a "Maa Ki..." in his native tongue, which translates into "motherf.....".
http://foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23040755-23212,00.html

India are pretty pissed-off at the fact Mike Procter took Clarke and Hayden's word, and dismissed Tendulkars version of events, without any proof other than the Clarkes and Haydo's word against Tendulkars. No evidence was examined at any stage, no replays, no possible sound recordings.

Yeah, of course there will be people that say India is looking for anything it can find, and there are people that would believe India in this. The interesting point I see is that with India taking this to the hearing, they stand as much chance of revoking the ban as the ICC do with pressing for it to stand based on their take on what was said. With all this said, im not sure what kind of evidence the judge would be basing his decision but there doesnt seem to be much other than the words of different players.

If that were to happen, its likely that Hogg and Harbhajan would be punished under the same breach.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
A High Way Man said:
I thought it was maderchod,

stupid is as stupid does
Maa ki = mother
Choot = Pussy/Cunt/Fucker

...maybe im wrong though. :(

Muz4PM

HSC
Haha Sehwag, I wonder what the Indian test selectors are thinking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)